Fallout 4

NostalgicOracleNostalgicOracle Tucson, ArizonaPosts: 17
Alright so Bethesda, the people behind the Elder Scroll series and the Fallout series released this awhile ago and i was just wondering if anyone is as psyched as i am to hear this announced. For anyone not in the know, Fallout is a single player, open world RPG set in post apocalyptic america. You wander from place to place doing things like hacking computers, shooting super-mutants, picking locks, killing raiders, protecting the innocent, and collecting caps which are the world's main form of currency. The game has lots of options too so if you want to stroke your appropriately named machiavellian moustache while slipping a frag grenade into your friends pants; you can do that too.

And oh my god, when i first saw the trailer my mouth was agape for a good half hour. I cant wait to play this game. I hope I don't get too excited on the count of how disappointed i'll be when it turns out it was a letdown - but that's not going to happen.. [nervous laughter]
I think my first playthrough will be either a quiet badass cowboy roaming freshly irradiated boston. Or a true nerdfighter's build; high charisma and intelligence who solves situations with wit and smooth talking. 
Willfully idiotic, as if it were an act in a play.

Comments

• TelMolagMoraTelMolagMora Alliance, OhioPosts: 508 ✭✭
    If you haven't already, you should watch Bethesda's E3 panel from this year. I'd give a link if I could figure out how to do it on a mobile platform.
    무세이 알렉스, remember the name.
    Anyone here have iOS and play Fallout Shelter? I'm on Android, so I have to wait till August to play. I know, much sad, very not good indeed, 0 out of 10. Anyway, to anyone here that plays it, how's it been so far? Based on the videos I've watched of gameplay it looks pretty cool, but I'd like to hear a response from someone whose played it.
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    One of my friends and I play it.  He has more time in it then me and I think his experience has been more "successful."  For me, the game kind of flatlines after a bit and you can lose motivation to keep expanding.  You can get to a healthy size and just stay there with zero repercussions.  This is with daily attention paid mind you, I haven't grown much in about 10 days.  Him on the other hand, he has grown rapidly and refused to have it stagnate on him.  I really like the lunch boxes and work towards those the best I can but there is no sense in grinding for the rare stuff because it is all random.  Some lunch boxes are gold and then the next 10 are mostly pointless.  While that is probably by design, I find it hard to keep me engaged in it.  Definitely worth a download and at least 2 weeks of investment though.
    Its finally out! I'll be retreating to my room for a few weeks now if you don't mind.
    I gotta say, I really miss skills and traits. I know the old system needed improvement and could be easily unbalanced, but I hate having to wait an arbitrary amount of levels just to get another rank of a perk. For example, New Vegas I could gain the ability to pick master locks in 6-10 levels (depending on Perception & Intelligence), but in 4 I have to wait 18 levels! I appreciate that Bethesda is willing to experiment with a new system, but I'd rather they fine tune and improve the prior one.
  • rydude17rydude17 ScotlandPosts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭
    I much prefer the current system, honestly, but I do wish that levelling was faster or that we got 2 perks every other level still, it something like that. 'Cause I'm at level 50-ish and I've pretty much just been increasing my SPECiAL, I haven't really gotten into most of the perks so far
    I think the game would become too easy if you got two perks per level. That's another thing I liked about New Vegas over 4, you got a perk every other level instead. I found my stealth based character to be pretty powerful around level 40. Having perks like Rifleman, Gun Nut, Sneak, Ninja, and Mister Sandman all maxed out made my character very devastating from afar. There's a lot I could go on about that I don't like about this game or that I feel could be improved, but overall I'd say Bethesda did a good job and delivered a quality game.
    Yay! DLC have been announced. I hope with the Automatron one I can assign robots to settlements now. I think that should've already been a feature with the Robotic Experts perk though.