s

2»

Comments

• LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    GBT said:
    Can I please put it this way?, 100% Heterosexual Attraction (not action) for a Lifetime is not Human Nature. If you can see no attraction in Any males Ever even at your sexual peak (15-24) I personally would see that as almost a defect like color blindness. Not saying you would act on it, nor something you let yourself indulge in your mind. I am just saying your not really Blind maybe after all?
    I can attest to this. If you can't even acknowledge someone of the same gender as being attractive then it likely is a society thing. 

I usually say "come on. You can appreciate something being attractive without wanting to have sex with it. People go to art galleries all the time". Some might say that making a joke of it is belittling it. I say it makes people a bit more comfortable with the idea...because come on, who hasn't take a look at other guys in the gym or anywhere else for that matter. Women are better at saying that someone is attractive
  • GBTGBT Posts: 30
    edited July 2015
    thank you
    by GBT
    edited August 2015
    hj
    by GBT
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭
    Your post is kind of long so I'm going to break this down and respond to each thing one at a time.

"At first thought everyone would say Yes Heterosexuality exists including myself, But the more I investigate and and look at things from a non bias point of view the more I start to question this."

Heterosexuality is a sexual attraction to the opposite sex so of course it exists. Not just because I'm one but because without it none of us would exist since reproduction is only possible with one man and one woman. Without heterosexuality all human life would have died out due to a lack of any reproduction ever taking place.

"The word Heterosexual was first used in the 19thcentury in response to a piece of Muslim legislation that made same-sex erotic behavior illegal.

Before Christianity/Muslim heterosexuality did NOT exist"

This is not accurate. Just because there isn't a word for something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it only means that it doesn't have a name. What about before language existed, did nothing exist till it was named?

"Once Christianity took over Rome (and destroyed it with-in 50 years and started the Dark Ages) after a 426 year history the Religious groups began to manipulate human sexuality heterosexuality did NOT exist tho Homosexuality did (100% gay guys have always been 100% gay"

This is also inaccurate. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are polar opposites. There would be no need to identify as homosexual without the existence of it's opposite which means one word can't exist without the other.

"Loss of sex with females"

How would loss of sex with females be a threat to someone who has no interest in ever having sex with females? That makes no sense you can't threaten to take something away if the person doesn't even want it in the first place. That's like trying to threaten me by saying I can't have sex with men. That's not a threat to me, if anything you're doing me a favor.

"The 'Pagans' never had words for Heterosexuality so as soon as Monotheism showed up the humans suddenly became Heterosexuals? Humanity has not changed in 2,000 years what has changed is Beliefs (well 2,000 years of forced Gay Males reproducing with females has I am sure made us more gay Is Heterosexuality Real? Are people just brainwashed by culture? Why does No One ever ask these very important questions or challenge this idea, they where not right about anything else so why is it assumed they where right about this?"

Are you actually claiming that everyone was brainwashed into having sex with the opposite gender, that no one has chosen to this of their own free will? I don't really like to talk about this but up until the age of 8 I thought that I could ONLY ever have sex with other boys. I didn't even really know there was any other option, no one would tell me why it was acceptable to take my cloths off with other boys but not with girls. Since penis was all I knew at the time I assumed everyone had one. I didn't even know that the reason that part was private was because girls were physically different, I just thought boy and girls didn't like each other or would contract the totally made up illness known as cooties if we came into contact with each other. As I didn't know there was any other option I just accepted that I was only suppose to be with boys. At the age of 8 I saw a naked woman in a Playboy magazine, this was the first time I realized that women were physically different from boys. From that point on I was disgusted by my past and only wanted to be with girls. The way I see it I was being conditioned to be gay but learning about women early on that didn't happen. Ironic considering my parents don't really approve of gays yet it was the lack of sexual education that lead me down that path. I didn't know I was doing anything sexual with other boys at the time, I didn't find that out till later. I also didn't find out that homosexuality was considered a bad thing till much later... I just personally found it disgusting because women are much more attractive than guys.

"We all went to high school and college and we all know this 3% stuff is crap, we know they would not even do studies on bisexuality or homosexuality in animals until the 90's because they thought it would Help gay rights, and even they admit we have No idea at all with the social pressure what Nature human sexuality even is Yet still to this day we can not do Real science in these ares. Frankly after all of this I am not sure we can even trust the 'Scientific Community' they seem in the past and present to be just as bias as anyone on these subjects so not able to be objective at all or maybe just not want to really find the Truth. Its frightening and Shameful for the Scientific Community to let North Korean mind games to effect you like this and to allowed this to go on so long. People of the future will look back and judge like you do to the people of the past and its not a pretty picture here."

Actually there have been several scientific studies on homosexuality that have proved it does exist in animals. However I feel like these studies are bias as the animals should be extinct given claims like all giraffes are exclusively gay. Again, you need a male and a female to reproduce, so an entire species being exclusively gay is not possible as they would just die out and never have babies. I think it's possible that SOME giraffes could be gay or even bi, but to say all of them have a sexuality that could never result in reproduction yet some how they're still having babies is obviously false.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    This is also inaccurate. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are polar opposites. There would be no need to identify as homosexual without the existence of it's opposite which means one word can't exist without the other.
    Hear hear +1

Even with a graduated spectrum with all point in between, there are still identifiers to mark various points upon that spectrum. Infrared for instance is only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum but the OP would have us believe that it does not exist because the term was only first used in the 19th century.
    by Rollo
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
    GBT said:
    Nothing is going extinct, 3% or so of males have always been almost 100% homosexual no mater what culture

So the extreme of 100% homosexuality exists, and always has, but the polar opposite (heterosexuality) does not? 

"I must add I can say near 100% homosexuality on the spectrum dose exist. This we know for sure at least"

What?

Further to what you're saying in your second post. You don't get to choose who reads and contribute to your forum thread. If you have a specific audience intended, find a sub-reddit or forum that caters to just that group of people, and deal with the potential echo chamber therein. Also, can we stop with the "you're not educated" malarkey. You said yourself this is just a theory, and in some cases you seem to have contradicted yourself...so unless we're babbling about how homosexuals are the spawn of satan, education shouldn't come into it.

As Rial outlined, as a child he did believe that homosexuality was the only option. He wasn't lied to and then he realised on his own that he was straight, in much the same way that gay people realise that they're gay. So yes, kids can handle it, but if we can't joke about it then it becomes a taboo. We joke about heterosexual sex, homosexual sex, religion, even terrorism...it's part of how we, as humans, are...and that's not limited to the misguided heterosexuals. I've had plenty of gay friends who joke about it just the same. If you can't joke about it then it tells me you're not comfortable with it, and when it comes to sexuality, that should never be the case.

You're going to have to explain to me what you mean by social engineering work though
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
    GBT said:
    Look if your making Gay Jokes around kids or hell at all around anyone or about any minority group your not a very good person even if you have Gay Friends or not. Would you make Raciest jokes and think it was Funny? Please do not respond. You really pushed down the two posts I wanted looked at by people educated in these areas you do not even know what social engineering even is. So yes this might seem Crazy to you but Please lets wait for someone that understands. Any other places I can go to find people with this educational background as I do not believe I am getting the feed back I need 
    Let me rephrase that then. I make jokes around gay friends of mine who I know are ok with it, and they make jokes at my expense too. I don't make them because they're gay (that's just a part of who they are). At least here, in Ireland, most of the people I choose to associate with don't really care too much if you're gay or straight. As I said before, it's seen as just a part of who you are and that's it. We also have quite a culture of banter (light hearted jokes with each other). For example, when our same sex marriage referendum was coming up (legalising same sex marriage) we'd joke with a friend of ours about how "can you imagine if you couldn't get married???" because of the ridiculousness of the situation, and I've never been more proud of this small country as when we voted overwhelmingly in favour of legalising it (the first country to do so by popular vote).

Nobody, not me or anyone else, would call a joke about someone being a "fag" or otherwise "banter". We wouldn't say anything that would make kids think that liking someone of the same sex as you is wrong or evil. In fact, most people would be very open about how that is not cool at all. Those jokes are the equivalent of racist jokes. They're not casually teasing your female friend about how women drivers are clearly awful (not true), instead they're more like telling a black person that maybe slavery was a good idea or a transgender person "hey, so you're a woman now. Creeping on the girls yeah?". 

As far as social engineering goes I was asking you to clarify what you had in mind. My experience of social engineering has been people committing credit card fraud or obtaining personal details of people. So I wanted to know what you had in mind rather than just assuming. But you can assume I'm a blithering, homophobic, racist asshole if you want, because I don't particularly care what you think.

But you're right about one thing. I'm not a particularly good person. I've lied, deceived. Right now I'm hiding something quite important from one of my best friends. I've been an asshole to people, driven them from social groups. All because I felt it was for the greater good...and right now I'm considering just quietly banning you (which I won't do because I don't have a reason to). But one thing I won't do is joke about a person/people who I know are uncomfortable with what I'm saying.

Well, unless I really want to just offend them or don't care anymore..then all bets are off.

P.S. You can respond to this or take away what you will. However, I won't be spending any more time responding to this thread as I have a feeling you have a desired response in mind. I'm also conscious that despite my best intentions, words on the internet can be misinterpreted very easily, and I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable here, particularly if they're new to the forum
    Perhaps the LGBT nerdfighters thread might have some people in it you could talk to about this? 
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭
    GBT said:
    It is a well known fact that culture dictates sexuality to a huge amount and you guys totally miss the point with this species going extinct mess in fact it will Boost births IMO (More Open/True Sexuality Leads to More Sex and Balance so More Births not Less, Healthier and more Active males too) Its Nature we should give the old lady a try 100,000 years of evolution can not be wrong :) Nothing is going extinct, 3% or so of males have always been almost 100% homosexual no mater what culture yet the reality is more like Grass in the Wind than Straight Stone Columns if you understand the metaphor for many/most others. I know it might not seem so and self identification takes place early many times in life yet I do stand by what I said.

You seem to focus on homosexuality and think bisexuality is in some way the same thing or close when this is not true as well.
    Let me stop you right there. We're only focusing on homosexuality so much because YOU'RE focusing on it. You seem to be claiming that all men are actually 100% homosexual and have been threw all of human history. This is why I claimed that we would of gone extinct because if that were true no man would ever have sex with a woman. Your own claims seem to suggest that there are only two options, heterosexual or homosexual. This is the first time that I'm aware of as I've only read your first post and this one, that you've ever mentioned bisexuality. Given your original claim, that all men are really homosexual, then reproduction would not be possible unless every act of sex between a man and a woman was actually the result of a woman raping a man. Of course we know that isn't true because there are plenty of men who would willingly have consensual sex with women. Though is possible for a woman to rape a man, that doesn't mean this is true in every case.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    OK this was long and I can't be bothered to read all of it so apologies if I repeat what others have already said.

Heterosexuality does exist, obviously. However, it is probably really, really rare. You have to think about what sexuality is, fundamentally. It is the list of attributes that, in combination, make you attracted to a person. These may be physical, or personality wise, but the point is it's just a list. And very very few things on that list are unique to one gender/sex or the other. I mean, for example, if someone is born so that they are only attracted to very skinny people with large breasts, it would be safe to assume they would only be attracted to women, since those characteristics are biologically exclusive to women. However, since the vast majority of people have much broader tastes than that when it comes to who they are attracted to, there is more often than not at least a little overlap. Some will have more than others obviously, but there are going to be very few who are 100% heterosexual (or indeed homosexual). Sex and gender just aren't that clear cut. People's physical characteristics and personality traits are too fluid. Put bluntly, there are boys who look like girls and girls who look like boys. So it's very hard to be honestly attracted to just one group.

Having said that there are obviously a lot of people who only ever act on one preference, and may be say 90% hetero or homosexual, only being very rarely attracted to people of the other sex/gender. They may even be uncomfortable with the logistics of actually having sex with one sex or the other.  Which is before you get into the social aspect where bisexuality is heavily stigmatised (as well as homosexuality of course) and many people ignore their feelings in one respect or the other for social reasons. Not to mention certain socially encouraged behaviours that mean people in one gender will behave differently, which could affect how people are attracted to them. But that doesn't change whether or not they are actually attracted to them, at least in the physical sense.
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
    edited August 2015
    v
    by GBT