How did you first hear of John's books?

I first learned about John's books through a friend I was talking to at lunch. She told me to look for a book tilted The Fault In Our Stars so I did. I went to the school library to see if they had a copy but they didn't. They got one in and I was the first one to get my hands on it. I opened it up and from the first word I couldn't put the book down. I got in trouble for reading it in class (including English haha) and that is how I started reading his books. I love all of them but their is one book that I will never be able to forget reading for the first time and that is Looking for Alaska. That book spoke to me the way no other book could because it seemed like he took my life and put it into his book, Anyways That is how I started reading his books. If it wasn't for my friend introducing me to them then I would never have become such a huge fan of John and Hank. 

Comments

• Mafe15239Mafe15239 PerúPosts: 27
    edited August 2015
    I remember that I was talking with my friend about books and she recommended me The Maze Runner saga, she was so excited about it that I decided to give it try. So I went to the bookstore and while I was looking for those books I saw The Fault In Our Star and I ended up buying it. I'm still in love with that book.
    by Mafe15239
  • I heard about John Green's books through my mom, I love you, mama! Anyway, I wasn't really in to reading back then, but, unfortunately, when I saw the first trailer for The Fault In Our Stars when I saw Divergent in theaters, I immediately went to the closest Barns and Noble, and bought The Fault In Our Stars, and started reading, then had the ending spoiled for me when I reached Chapter 6. (Thanks a lot, Internet.) Anyway, I loved TFIOS, and when I saw the other books John has written, I went out and bought Paper Towns, (Sadly have not seen the movie yet, waiting for it to get on YIFY) I love Paper Towns, so much that as I was reading, I underlined certain lines, circled paragraphs, put things in to brackets, and circled page numbers. (Yes I damaged the book, but I had to! I was so captured by that amazing page turner!) Then a few months ago, I got An Abundance Of Kathren's, and Let It Snow!
  • kUGBy1597kUGBy1597 Posts: 1
    I had seen Looking for Alaska at the bookstore but I didn't get it :( . Then when TFIOS was popular I read This Star Wont Go Out, then TFIOS (I bought them at the same time with out knowing they were sorta somewhat related... I heard about Nerdfighteria so I started to watch the videos and asked for all of his books for Christmas and got them. Tried to read them in order of publication, because you know why not... I still haven't had a chance the read An Abundance of Katherine's yet but I will!!!!!
  • fingerscrossedfingerscrossed MainePosts: 164 ✭✭
    I came across Paper Towns in my public library when I was looking for something to read. I loved it so much I read Looking for Alaska next, which my library also had, as well as An Abundance of Katherines. Paper Towns is probably not a normal first John Green book, I'm just realizing. But 14-year-old me liked the cover (the thumbtack one). I've since read all his books.
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  • centauriecentaurie BelgiumPosts: 48
    I found the vlog first and then learned John was an author, so at one point decided to read one of 'em (TFIOS, if you're wondering, since I joined Nerdfighteria right when we learned that there was going to be a TFIOS movie)
  • DannoDanno IowaPosts: 91 ✭✭
    centaurie said:

I found the vlog first and then learned John was an author, so at one point decided to read one of 'em (TFIOS, if you're wondering, since I joined Nerdfighteria right when we learned that there was going to be a TFIOS movie)

same here. except i just so happen to have been around longer...
  • antique_roseantique_rose Posts: 17
    edited January 2016
    I saw "Looking for Alaska" in a book store (the German edition), and I liked what it was about and bought it. Had no idea who John Green was at the time though. I can't remember when that was, maybe around 2008?
    by antique_rose
  • MyNameIsEricMyNameIsEric Posts: 20
    I heard about Johns books through one of my friends at school. I have a great group of friends that talk about all kinda of forms of media such as books, movies, shows, and YouTube channels. I talked to my friend about all kinds of books and he happened to mention Will Grayson, will grayson and I told him I though the concept sounded pretty cool but at the time I was part way through rereading the Harry Potter books again.

Fast forward 3 years and I saw the movie to The Fault in Our Stars, I watched the movie because I love the reference to Julius Caesar. The movie was so great that I could not help to invest in some of Johns books. So for Chistmas I asked my parents to get me some of Johns books, but meanwhile my America history teacher started Crash Course as a teaching tool.

When chistmas came around, I got a copy of Will Grayson, will grayson and looking for Alaska. I read both in a dat and a half and I was so hooked I had to go to the book store the next dat and pick up Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines and Let it Snow. Funny enough I still have not read The Fault in Our Stars, but I plan on buying it as soon as possible.
  • DannoDanno IowaPosts: 91 ✭✭

I heard about Johns books through one of my friends at school. I have a great group of friends that talk about all kinda of forms of media such as books, movies, shows, and YouTube channels. I talked to my friend about all kinds of books and he happened to mention Will Grayson, will grayson and I told him I though the concept sounded pretty cool but at the time I was part way through rereading the Harry Potter books again.

Fast forward 3 years and I saw the movie to The Fault in Our Stars, I watched the movie because I love the reference to Julius Caesar. The movie was so great that I could not help to invest in some of Johns books. So for Chistmas I asked my parents to get me some of Johns books, but meanwhile my America history teacher started Crash Course as a teaching tool.

When chistmas came around, I got a copy of Will Grayson, will grayson and looking for Alaska. I read both in a dat and a half and I was so hooked I had to go to the book store the next dat and pick up Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines and Let it Snow. Funny enough I still have not read The Fault in Our Stars, but I plan on buying it as soon as possible.

awesome stuff Eric. you'll get to it when you get to it