A million dollars but...

Comments

• RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭
    Um... he can't talk so how would I know if he agrees?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    Okay.  So you accept for him?
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    As long as I only spend the money on stuff for him nothing happens to me right?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yes.  Nothing happens to you.
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    In that case, accepted...

A million dollars but until the money is gone you and your significant other, every time you look at each other you'll see the ugliest person you can possibly imagine. If you're single then everyone you would normally be attracted to would look hideous to you and everyone that would normally be attracted to you would see you as the ugliest person imaginable to them.
    What if you're asexual/aromantic?
    Then you'll look ugly just to yourself I guess. You don't actually physically change, everyone else will still see the real you, only you will see yourself as the most ugly person you can possibly imagine.
    Deal.

A million dollars but for every one you spend ten dollars goes to a hate group like ISIS, the WBC, or the KKK.
    edited September 2015
    Um... I think you just broke the thread. Someone needs to accept the offer to keep it moving and I don't think anyone wants that. I don't even know how you could possibly make that more acceptable. It's like the Hitler example I used in the first post which I said not to do. :P

Tell you what... if you can't get anyone to accept the offer within the next 24 hours, you have to make a new deal. But you're still basically in control of the thread until you make a deal someone can accept.
    by RialVestro
    Okay.
    New deal: A million dollars but you can only use internet 2 hours a month.
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I wait until I've finished my degree? Like, what if I genuinely need the internet to hand in coursework etc?

"This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

Sure.  But you don't get the million dollars until you finish the degree.
    Is this 2 hours of internet a month for the rest of my life (post-degree), or just for a fixed period?
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart

Until you spend all the money.
    Define spend. 

Does investing in property/stocks/savings schemes count?

edited October 2015
    Property and stocks count, but not saving schemes.
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    Okay then. Consider it done. 

A million dollars, but it only comes in pennies. 100 million pennies.

Deal.  I could buy somewhere to store the pennies using the million dollars.

A million dollars but your house is made of the million dollars and if you want to buy something you have to remove part of your house.
    What if I live in rented accommodation? (ie. I don't own my house)

You get a new house that you have to live in, and that's the money-house.
    I'll take it. Even the value of the land it's built on is going to be worth a pretty penny. 

A million dollars, but you can't spend it. 

Kinda defeats the purpose of getting a million dollars... Does giving it to charity count as spending it?
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 393
    Does it transfer to my loved ones when I die and if it does can they spend it?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    The answer's no, to both of those. 

• ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    Then I'll take it and give it to charity.

A million dollars, but you can't see or talk to anyone for six months.
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

Then I'll take it and give it to charity.

A million dollars, but you can't see or talk to anyone for six months.
    Vicky just said you can't give it to charity. I don't really see the point of that one when apparently no one can do anything with it but you already accepted it so we'll just go with it anyway...

Also... accepted, I could use a break from people. :P

A million dollars but you catch my cold.
    Accepted. It, again, would stop me from having to talk to people. 

A million dollars but you have to pay it back with interest. 

How much interest? How quickly do I have to pay it back? What happens if I die before I can finish paying it?
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    No, the question was "does giving it to charity count as spending it?" No, it doesn't count as spending it. Therefore, it is valid.

And for the new one, same questions as RialVestro.

And sorry for the weird formatting.
    by ZoaThePerson
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"