A million dollars but...

Comments

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 443
    Accepted. I hire Donald trump and he turns it into my personal empire. A million dollars but you gain 50lbs at the start of every month until it's all spent.
    My heart is telling me that perhaps the world has not ended just yet.
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭✭
    If I spend it before the start of next month, do I gain any weight?
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 443
    For every 10 percent you go through the month before spending it you gain 10 percent of the weight.
    So if I spend it all instantly, there's no effect?
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart

Precisely.
    I accept. And then invest in property immediately. A million dollars isn't as much as I'd like it to be, so 2 houses is all I think it would take. A million dollars but it's contained within a solid 100' x 100' x 100' cube of jelly (jello for americans). 

• RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭
    Accepted... I don't know what I'll do with all the Jello but I'll get to that money some how.

One Million Dollars but you can not watch, read, or purchase any merchandise related to the Star Wars franchise until nine years after the DVD/Blu Ray release of Star Wars episode 9.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    Accepted, I'll spend my time trying to decipher the lore behind the Souls series.

A million dollars but for every dollar of it you spend your phone dings at full blast. No stacking notifications or somehow stifling it.
    Do I actually get messages from people I know or are the dings being caused by random strangers?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    Messages from people you know will replace those from strangers, otherwise complete strangers or miscellaneous notifications.
    What happens if I try to throw away or some how forget my phone? Does it just appear back in my pocket whenever I spend money just to make loud annoying noises?
    Nah, you still lost it, but you hear every single one as if its eternally in your pocket
    Damn I was hoping I could find my phone that way. It might be worth it to deal with a loud annoying noise of my lost phone could just teleport back into my pocket. Then again... I don't really talk to anyone except my ex anyway so given I can still get rid of my phone to not have to talk to her... I'll accept!

A million dollars but anything that comes from your body can give people super powers. You have no powers of your own, you only give other people super powers.
    edited May 2016
    Done. I hide this ability until I meet the love of my life, no kissing anyone until then because saliva, but I don't get hunted down for the superpowers.

A million dollars but you're naked for the next month
    by the_one_on_the_left
    You realize it's not just saliva right? I said anything, that includes sweat which means you'd have to live life like a germaphobe to avoid even getting sweat from your hands on anything you touch. Anyway, too late now you already accepted.

And I'm already going to pass on spending a month naked. I don't really want to be trapped inside for a month if that's even an option. Maybe someone else will take it.
    I don't know if anyone else has looked at this forum for 6 months... And a month isn't so bad, you can spend it digitally organizing your million dollars
    Yeah the problem with that is I have to go outside every once in a while. A few years ago I wouldn't mind being trapped in doors for a month but because of something I don't like talking about, ever since then I've been claustrophobic. I can't even sit in a booth anymore unless I'm on the end because that feeling of being trapped and not being able to leave gives me post traumatic stress.

That's not a good deal for someone who suffers with claustrophobia. I'm someone would be willing to take it, just not for me.
    Fair enough, alright, I accept my own deal. A million dollars but you have to post a link in a more popular thread to revive this thread
    Do I get a million for every link I post in other threads or just one? Either way I'll take that deal.
  • FizzywaffleFizzywaffle Gainesville FLPosts: 132
    What is this thread?

"We can never be certain"-Me

This thread is a million dollars but... it's explained on the first page but basically you think up unpleasant scenarios that you have to do in order to get a million dollars. They don't have to be realistic since there's no actual money involved anyway. And you can ask as many questions as you want about any deal before accepting the offer.
    I'll take the million dollars you're obligated to offer but gave no condition for acceptance B)

A million dollars but you have fully passioatly kiss your grand parents (or whoever is oldest in your direct family tree) for 5 minutes straight
    I had to scroll back up to realize what the heck you were talking about. I didn't even realize I had control and totally forgot to make an offer.

OK so um... actually, I think I'd rather deal with my claustrophobia than to do that last one... Is it too late to go back and accept that one?
    Only if you wouldn't have accepted this one anyway.
    A million dollars but every time you fart someone dies.
    Accepted, I use a special device to remove extra gas whenever necessary instead.

A million dollars but the world rains tomatoes for a week
  • rydude17rydude17 ScotlandPosts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I like tomatoes. It might screw up the planet though.

a million dollars but it's all bitcoin
    Can someone explain to me what the heck bitcoin is? It sounds like some kind of video game money that I can't use anywhere in real life but I'm not sure.
    edited September 2016
    youtu.be/u4j__TKnCt4

This^ is far better than anything I could type out.

I accept.

A million dollars but you have to kill 50 spiders with your bare hand
    by the_one_on_the_left
    ARACHNOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I become a Spider-man villain instead and kill 50 different versions of him with my bare hands?