A million dollars but...

Comments

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 395
    Yes
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭
    In that case I accept. I guess I'm a Spider-man villain now.

A million dollars but all your involuntary bodily noises will sound and smell like farts.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 395
    Does this include breathing and swallowing?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    Well that depends. Breathing is normally silent unless you're wheezing for some reason in which case that wheezing would be replaced by farting but normally no. It has to be a sound that's audible enough for other people to hear.

Swallowing does kind of make a sound except only really you can hear it. Also it's not an involuntary sound. Swallowing is a voluntary thing, you have control over so even if you're a really loud eater it doesn't count.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    Accepted

A million dollars but you can only watch anime instead of any other form of show/movie
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • MeroviusMerovius Zürich, SwitzerlandPosts: 24
    Is there a time-limit on the curse?

(also, a million dollar isn't even that much money… it's not even really enough to just live off for the rest of my life…)
    lol nope
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    Hm, okay, next piece of bargaining (it's really not that I hate anime, just that I love everything else…): Is the media landscape the same and I just can't watch anything non-anime, or maybe that everything looks like anime to me, or all the great film makers are now restricting themselves to anime, so it's all there is? ^^
    The media landscape is identical, but you can't watch anything non-anime. You can still watch YouTube to your hearts content, unless it's just a TV show uploaded to YouTube. you can always invest your million dollars into better anime you like
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    Hm. I think with youtube, that's a deal, though it's a bummer, to not be able to go to the cinema anymore ^^

A million dollars, but you can only spend a dollar at a time.
    One dollar of the one million, or of my money overall? Because there's a world of difference there.
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    I thought about it ^^ I believe, if it's just of that million, the answer is too trivial (there really is no downside, a million that you can only spend a dollar at a time is still better than no million at all), so I'll go with "overall, until you spent one million dollar".
    Accepted! I will get a programmer to make me a script that auto spends 1$ on penny stocks, set it for 1,000,000 cycles and problem solved!

A million dollars but 50% of it is automatically spent on the person(s) you hate most
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    edited March 3
    Can I control what the people I hate spend their 50% on or can they buy whatever they want with it?
    by RialVestro
    The thing is, I don't know if I really *hate* anyone. If I would have to choose one person, it would probably be Trump, though, and I guess 500K for him doesn't make a huge difference anyway… so… accepted?

A million dollars, but you'd have to live in a foreign country for a year and couldn't talk to any of your friends or family for that time.
    Well the answer to my question doesn't really matter now since you already accepted that deal but I'm still curious what the answer was.

Anyway in regards to the new deal, can I choose which foreign country? Preferably I would like to go to England. Follow up question do I have to come back after that year is over? Cause I currently live in a country where our president is a moronic bigot so I'd like to leave the country for the next four to eight years depending on weather or not he gets re-elected when his first term is over. I'd rather stay in that foreign country and also pay to have my family and friends brought over after that year of not being able to speak to them is over. Can I do that. If I can do that then I'll take that deal. If I have to come back here in a year then no deal.
    After the year's over, you'd need a regular visa, so you'd need some way to get that through normal process (and in the same vein, bringing people over would face the same difficulty). In regards to England: The general idea is to mostly isolate you for a year, so I'd force you into a country whose primary language you don't speak.
    Well it's going to be kind of hard to survive a year if I can't work due to not being able to talk to anyone. Sure I got a million dollars but stuff is expensive and eventually that money is going to run out. That doesn't sound like a good deal.
    Do you currently spend even close to a million in a year? That would surprise me :)
    It could be possible to survive a year in a country where you don't know the language with only a million dollars to your name. That is a lot of money to work with. But solitary can screw with your head which is probably not a good idea for someone who already has a history of mental illness. It can also be very easy to quickly spend a million dollars on crap you don't need when you're not thinking clearly. Because I have a high risk of going down the deep end into depression fueled needless spending, it really isn't worth it for me. You have to be able to keep to a budget which is easy with a clear head but can be quite difficult when you're dealing with mental illness.

I'm quite confident that even if I failed to land a job at the BBC a million dollars would still be plenty to live on for a year. However in a country where I can't talk to anyone I'm going to have added expenses trying to keep busy without talking to anyone, eventually start talking to myself again which shouldn't take long, and then probably will spend the full million in the first six months.
    edited March 7
    Accepted! This deal fulfils something I'd like to do anyway, visit two friends in their country (I can get their addresses before the communication embargo is in effect). They both live in Qatar, primary language is Arabic there. Official religion is Islam, although not illegal to believe anything else. It's a very developed country, past the bad rights for foreign workers. Sure I'd be completely isolated, but I'd have reliable internet and probable human rights. Although spending a million dollars a year is out of the question, Qatar is expensive due to its insanely high per household income and would eat into my funds significantly.

A million dollars but you fall in love with whatever you're looking at in exactly 1000 minutes. For 1 year or until you naturally fall out of love, whichever is longer.

Also no you couldn't control what those people spent their money on, you can try to scam them into thinking the universe requires them to spend it on specific things though, or whatever else you can think up.
    by the_one_on_the_left
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    So, a) the deal was "you couldn't talk to any of your friends or family", so while you can visit them, there's at the very least no talking :)
    And b), I don't quite understand the deal. Are you saying "at the moment you accept + 1000m you will look at something and fall in love with it", or are you saying "if you look at anything for 1000m, you will fall in love with it"? And what does "falling in love" entail in either case? And what is that part about getting people to spend their money on?
    edited March 8
    The part about people spending their money is in reply to RialVestro's question a couple days ago.

No talking is fine, non-verbal communication isn't a terribly big hurdle.

In regards to the current deal: At the end of 1000 minutes starting from the deal being accepted is when you fall in love with whatever you're looking at in that instant.

Falling in love entails falling in love, its unique to you. Will your heart ache when they're out of sight? No idea, only you can answer. Take this: http://fetzer.org/sites/default/files/images/stories/pdf/selfmeasures/Different_Types_of_Love_LOVE_ATTITUDES.pdf , for a better understanding of your particular feelings
    by the_one_on_the_left
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    Okay. In that case, clearly accepted. It's not even a bad thing, it's awesome being in love (and yes, I include non reciprocated love). And as I know about the deal and everything, I can even choose what to fall in love with, just have to look at it/them at the correct time. In fact, "falling in love with anything you choose" would make a pretty awesome superpower IMHO ^^

A million dollars, but your senses come permanently dulled. You become completely colorblind, can't taste or smell anymore, the frequency bands you can hear become limited enough that you can still have a conversation and function perfectly, but music becomes boring and you can still feel touch, but it becomes numb.
    Accepted

A million dollars but every time you buy something with the money the person who takes it will be fired from their job by the end of that week.
  • stupenous1stupenous1 Posts: 5
    deal im a PIZZZAA anyway

million dollars but you cant touch any electronic devices until it is completely spent
    that auto corrected me lol
    What happens if I try to touch something electronic?

Also does this count?
    I barely touch it as it is because I can't deal with the actual connection site but some times I need use the controls on this part or it won't stop beeping.

So are we only counting computers, tablets, phones, and other devices that can be used to get online or all electronic devices?
    that counts and if it needs electricity to properly run it cant be touched
    and if you touch the electronic device a painful surge of electricity flows through you until releasing contact