The Backwards Story

KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
OK, so basically how this works is everyone gets one sentence (or idea) and with it we write a story, but one caveat: we start from the ending and work our way back.  For example.

The End.
And so the aliens were defeated and Earth was saved.
The two starships battled it out, but in the end the S.S. Gaia won.
They built a space ship, the SS Gaia, and sent their finest to go win the space battle.
They were hostile, and the leaders of the world had decided that the only option was to fight.
Earth was under attack by a terrifying new threat: alien invaders.

Make sense, kinda?  Okay!

The End.
"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman

Comments

• romy16romy16 The Netherlands Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭
    They lived happily ever after.

• KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    And so the city was safe, and...

(And leads to Romy's comment, not the one after this one)
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    The monster collapsed, dead, into the harbour
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    The monster disregarded the doctors trying to help him, escaped from the hospital, and started rampaging through the city, unaware of what the nurse had just told him.
  • romy16romy16 The Netherlands Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭
    The monster work up in the hospital, not remembering anything that happened to him. 

The two heroes then delivered, together, the fatal blow.  Or at least they thought it was fatal, seeing the monster moan in pain and collapse to the ground.
  • FizzywaffleFizzywaffle Gainesville FLPosts: 132
    A mysterious beast calmly and peaceably strolled out of the fog, waving a "Bernie Sanders 2016" sign.

"We can never be certain"-Me

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 472 ✭✭
    This meeting for those afflicted by peculiar habits and are also mysterious beasts is officially adjourned!
    I don’t know if I’m smart. I do however, consider myself fairly knowledgeable and logical, which is a decent substitute at least.