Disrepair

KiarKiar ElsewherePosts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me, or does it seem like this site is beginning to fall into disrepair? I've noticed several bugs that have cropped up in the last month that weren't present before. For instance:

• Posting on Mobile now requires you to select the "show source" button for you to be able to type out a post.
  • If a thread has a new post notification and you read the post, then hit "back," the notification remains. It does not go away until you refresh the page.
  • "Who's Online" now displays everyone at the bottom of every page, rather than only displaying the people who are viewing that page or are in that particular subforum.

I'm sure there are others as well, but these are just the ones I have noticed. I love this site, and know it is slowly loosing traffic, but I'd have hoped it would be maintained despite the decreased interest. Is there anything that can be done? I am not a programmer, but I would be willing to offer my coding experience, limited as it may be. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see this site hang around a little bit longer. If there's any way we can help, we're here!

"A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
My writing project

Comments

• KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I found another bug.  Control-I for italics doesn't work anymore.  You have to actually click the button at the left hand corner of the box for it to work, which you didn't have to do before.
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • TelMolagMoraTelMolagMora Alliance, OhioPosts: 516 ✭✭
    I've noticed the second one since I've been on the forums in mid 2014. I figured that was because the page wasn't refreshing, not necessrily a bug.
    무세이 알렉스, remember the name.
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? That's interesting. It only started about a month or two ago for me. Never had the problem before that.
    My writing project
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    I can't do much on the backend to fix this stuff (don't have access) but is it possible that the crtl i thing is a browser thing? If you don't mind me asking, what browsers are you all using/were you using before?
    I use both chrome and firefox and have found the problem appeared on both simultaneously. 
    My writing project
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    I use chrome, though I'm not sure with mobile. I just use the default internet thing there and I'm having the mobile issues. as for italics I'm having no problem with using ctrl i so that one probably is a browser thing.
    Ok I tried the italics thing on chrome and its working fine for me. So *shrugs*. I'll check of Firefox when I get a chance later
    Also the other bugs listed in the OP, such as the notifications and who's online, I've had those for a while, so I'm more wondering why you didn't...

Luke said:
    Ok I tried the italics thing on chrome and its working fine for me. So *shrugs*. I'll check of Firefox when I get a chance later
    I think it may have something to do with posting before the message has a chance to save the draft. Once it's save, the italics save, but if post before it saves, it doesn't recognize the italics.

Luke said:
    Also the other bugs listed in the OP, such as the notifications and who's online, I've had those for a while, so I'm more wondering why you didn't...

That is strange. I work on two different computers, and noticed those two problems arise only recently on both of them.
    My writing project
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Kiar said:

Luke said:

That is strange. I work on two different computers, and noticed those two problems arise only recently on both of them.
    ditto
    OK, can everyone who was having trouble try again. Our admin, KasperIsAger updated the forums to a new WYSIWYG editor and the latest version of the new theme we use, so most of the problems should be fixed. If not, then please let us know as soon as possible
    edited December 2015
    Well that explains why mobile looks completely different!

Typing on mobile lets you enter between lines again, so at least that much is fixed.
    by Kiar
    My writing project
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Mobile is actually functional now, so that's good :)

edit: the emoji's have changed. as has the post editor. i think it's a good thing though.
    by Vicki
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

Vicki said:

Mobile is actually functional now, so that's good :)

edit: the emoji's have changed. as has the post editor. i think it's a good thing though.

Yeah, but most important thing is it works. PHEW
    edited January 2016
    Just checking with others, but do we no longer have the option to use underline, indentation, colors, font, or font size? (Apart from using HTML.)

EDIT: I'm also intermittently having trouble using the Bold and Italics options.

This is using the bold option (works on Chrome)

and this is using the italic option (doesn't work on Chrome)

Also the italics will show up on mobile, but not on my computer. Strange.
    by Kiar
    My writing project