Any musician nerdfighters?

Comments

• SeaSwallowedSeaSwallowed Posts: 75 ✭✭
    @Terahertz The Doctor Who Fan Orchestra should be coming out with the current project, Amy's Suite, very soon - like maybe in a weekish.  Sometime after that - probably within a month or two - sign-ups will be open for the next project.  Keep an eye out on the Facebook page because last time registrations filled up in 12 hours!  Or, if you want, I can message you when sign-ups open. Participating is so worth it.

I think you can sign up for Sherlock Fan Orchestra right now by emailing them - more information on their Tumblr.  We're still waiting for music for our next project - Sherlocked - but I really love being a part of that orchestra as well!
  • TerahertzTerahertz Posts: 35

@Terahertz The Doctor Who Fan Orchestra should be coming out with the current project, Amy's Suite, very soon - like maybe in a weekish.  Sometime after that - probably within a month or two - sign-ups will be open for the next project.  Keep an eye out on the Facebook page because last time registrations filled up in 12 hours!  Or, if you want, I can message you when sign-ups open. Participating is so worth it.

I think you can sign up for Sherlock Fan Orchestra right now by emailing them - more information on their Tumblr.  We're still waiting for music for our next project - Sherlocked - but I really love being a part of that orchestra as well!
    Sounds great, I can't wait! A message when it opens would be great, I'll keep an eye on it, but just in case that could really help. Likewise, if I see it I'll send you a message.
    I have now applied to Sherlock. Woohoo!

Oh man I am so excited about this words I cannot even. SQUEEEEEE!!!
  • SeaSwallowedSeaSwallowed Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Terahertz said:
    Sounds great, I can't wait! A message when it opens would be great, I'll keep an eye on it, but just in case that could really help. Likewise, if I see it I'll send you a message.
    I have now applied to Sherlock. Woohoo!

Oh man I am so excited about this words I cannot even. SQUEEEEEE!!!
    No need to send me a message; participants are given priority to join the next project :)  I'm so excited that you've already signed up for Sherlocked!!!  These projects always need more Nerdfighters!
  • RiverSethRiverSeth EnglandPosts: 448 ✭✭
    I sing...and i run a marching band. when i say run it, I teach drum, and bell lyre...and how to march. lol

To read my book reviews, click the link!

My Blog   My Youtube

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

• MarcWilkinsonMarcWilkinson Posts: 55
    My band "Oh, Shadow" plays acoustic indie-pop covers sometimes. We just recorded a new one last night, if ya' wanna listennnn.

• FrostyManFrostyMan Posts: 11
    Yes I am! I've played guitar for about seven years and I've played about a hundred live shows. I'm working on my first solo album now. Here's the single from it.
  • gfob1999gfob1999 Posts: 14
    I play the flute and fiddle around on a bunch of other stuff like sax recorder trombone piano whatever else interests me.
  • caranlindecaranlinde Idaho, USA Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    This makes me excited that there are so many musical Nerdfighters! Hello! 
    I am currently studying music in college (Music education but if I could make it in life as a professional flute player I totally would.) and I get ridiculously excited whenever I hear music talk, especially when it's more than just the popular music of the time. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but there's something about really great classical music that I just can't get enough of.  :) 
    by caranlinde
  • mielemans20mielemans20 BelgiumPosts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I play cello for 10 years now and play in 2 orchestras, but I'm still quite bad... Doesn't matter, I love the sound it makes! I also play piano, but by myself.
    Perform a show alone? No thanks, maybe next time.
    Perform a show in group? Yes, I'd love to!
    by mielemans20
  • ohmydarlingohmydarling Posts: 3
    I play alto sax in concert and marching band for high school.

also I taught myself ukulele and guitar so I am by no means an expert but they are SO LOVELY TO PLAY
  • emily10emily10 PennsylvaniaPosts: 12
    I can play piano, clarinet, and guitar! I'm hoping to also learn the ukulele!
  • SkylarkSkylark Posts: 16
    My trumpet- my first instrument- is named Gilderien. Besides that, my trombone's name is Arthas, my piano is Hope, my ukulele is Schonli, and my guitar, seeing as I have not had it for long, is unnamed. I play a variety of (mostly brass) instruments, but the ones that I own- that I name- are the ones that I truly love. Sorry to any tuba/bass drum/clarinet affectionados out there, but... how can you really love an instrument that can only really exists as part of a band? As much as I love being part of a group, being tethered to others just keeps down one's musical personality, or so I see it.
  • amyandmelodypondamyandmelodypond Minnesota Posts: 18
    I play clarinet in Concert band. I've never gone on our "Tours" But I will in two years go to NY with my school band to tour.
  • Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭
    I like to sing, but don't have the stuff to record it. I'm good enough. I love to sing. Though I have yet to do anything about it. I did sing to one girl, she said I was good. 
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace
  • natalierosenatalierose Rhode IslandPosts: 9
    I play piano, flute, guitar, and ukulele and I sing alto.
  • oceanpotionoceanpotion EnglandPosts: 347 ✭✭✭
    I play the clarinet ( grade 4 ) and am in a windband which is going to holland in less than 20 days !!!!!
    I also used to play piano and love to sing but i'm not good and never sing in front of people.

• brookiebrookie Posts: 1
    Violin for 12 years (Started when i was very young), piano, tuba, bass trombone (and trombone but I can't hit many high notes at all). Also sing as bass in choir, if that counts.

I've always wanted to learn french horn but I don't have the time right now and I can't work out the transpositions, lol.

And I transcribe, arrange and compose.
  • ThomasAlexanderThomasAlexander Gävleborg, Sweden Posts: 22
    I play base and guitar and a bit of saxophone. I'm also quite the exentric vocalist if I may say so.

I've played in a lot of angry hardcore punk bands, a few metal bands as well, and I am currently working on a hiphop project.

(if anyone wants to help me out with my hiphop project, please feel free to hit me up!)

DFTBA!
  • MetabeardMetabeard Posts: 111 ✭✭

I grew up playing the cello for about 8 years, but gave it up when I was 16

I played guitar off and on a few years back, but don't have time to really keep it up. Mostly just use them for effects testing and recording occassionally.

I've been DJing for about 9 years now. Started on vinyl, now I use CDs primarily. I still record mixes and play out gigs occassionally, but I don't promote as I used to and don't care as much.

I've been running a small home recording studio out of my apartment for a little over a year now. Not sure a studio counts as an instrument per se, but I make a fair amount of music with it :D My buddy and I mostly make grime, juke, and jungle. I've been trying to push our work more into polyrhythmic stuff, but we've been struggling with writing catchy melodies in 10/4 or 7/4, haha.

"The only way out is through." -Frost
  • allisonmicheleallisonmichele Posts: 16
    I suppose I'm a musician, in the sense that I play music. I just don't do so very well, nor to I especially care for it. I love listening to music, but I really have nothing to add to it, nothing worthwhile.
  • slash6dsslash6ds Posts: 7
    I play the cello. 
  • viaesqueviaesque Monument, COPosts: 44
    I'm a classical singer. Also, I try to play piano, guitar, and ukulele. But I'm not very good at those.
  • magictoast15magictoast15 OklahomaPosts: 3
    I play bass clarinet in concert band and tenor saxophone in jazz band. I also play guitar and ukulele at home just for fun. And I took piano lessons for three years. My goal is to someday be a professional musician in a symphony orchestra.
  • mynameisellenmynameisellen Posts: 20
    I play ukulele, mandolin and guitar. I used to play tin whistle, violin and glockenspiel as well. I really want to learn the piano, the bass guitar and the drums but I don't think I can learn all three of them :)
  • Brie_VBrie_V my living room, CaliforniaPosts: 2
    I've done guitar for 4 years, and now starting piano! also played in my church band back in florida about 2 years ago, but music is definately my passion and my life.
  • beschwipst_hasebeschwipst_hase OhioPosts: 106 ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I've played the clarinet since 5th grade and the oboe since 6th. Of course, I'm only a freshman now, but I would like to think I'm pretty advanced at both of them. I'm also teaching myself violin and piano. The piano is pretty tricky, because I've always read treble clef, and I always get confused at Bass Clef. I'm also in the bell choir at my church, so I can play handbells. My dad also taught me most of the basic rudiments on the snare, so I can do that a little bit. I wanted to play the bassoon in my school's band, but we didn't have a working bassoon (:(), so my band director switched me to the oboe. I'm glad I had the opportunity to switch now, but I still want to learn the bassoon.
    by beschwipst_hase
  • PaceyWitterPaceyWitter District 13Posts: 13
    I play guitar and sing, and also I'm starting with the trumpet. I really really love music, nothing makes me so happy :)
    Pacey.
  • CaitRoseCaitRose IndianapolisPosts: 887 ✭✭✭
    I seem to be the only person here in SHOW CHOIR!!! (cue jazz hands)

I sing first soprano or soprano plus (the extra-high descant part that only three people can sing, otherwise we'd drown out the whole choir. It's basically like how there's only two or three piccolos in a band.) in the North Central Descants. Last year we won state in concert choir and show choir if you want to hear us.
    J-J-J-U-N! I-I-O-R-S! J-U-N-I-O-R-S! Juniors, Juniors, Juniors!
    I-N T-H-E H-O-U-S-E! In the house! In the house! Juniors in the house!!!
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
  • CaitRoseCaitRose IndianapolisPosts: 887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I seem to be the only person here in SHOW CHOIR!!! (cue jazz hands)

I sing first soprano or soprano plus (the extra-high descant part that only three people can sing, otherwise we'd drown out the whole choir. It's basically like how there's only two or three piccolos in a band.) in the North Central Descants. Last year we won state in concert choir, singing Cantante Domino, Set Me As A Seal, and Bakmes, and show choir, singing History Repeating, a medley from Smash, You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me, and Last Dance/Boogie Wonderland, if you want to hear us.

I can't play any instruments.Well actually, I can (mostly) play like five songs on piano and I can play viva la vida on cello (my friend taught me. The only reason I can do it is because it has like six notes.)
    by CaitRose
    J-J-J-U-N! I-I-O-R-S! J-U-N-I-O-R-S! Juniors, Juniors, Juniors!
    I-N T-H-E H-O-U-S-E! In the house! In the house! Juniors in the house!!!
    NCHS class of 2016!!!!
  • dancer66062dancer66062 Posts: 5
    I play cello but I sing too. I can also play basic viola. I am in my school's orchestra.