Any musician nerdfighters?

124»

Comments

• wbrehm93wbrehm93 Denver, ColoradoPosts: 1
  • comealongpondcomealongpond Winnipeg, CanadaPosts: 47
    I play alto sax in concert band and in jazz band. Jazz bands my favourite, even though we only have one trumpet and our trombones aren't the greatest. We have a killer sax section though. I p;ayed piano until last year when I quit because I really wasn't enjoying it. I have yet to find the urge to start playing again, but I'm sure it will hit me soon. 
    "we're driving toward the morning sun where all your blood is washed away and all you did will be undone"
  • Jsf8957Jsf8957 MichiganPosts: 9
    I play bassoon, guitar, piano, and I like to think I'm a pretty darn good whistler. Sometimes I sing too, if we're counting voice, which I think we should. 

I majored in music in college actually. I also, although currently between jobs, work in the live entertainment industry quite a lot. I've worked at Interlochen Center for the Arts (in northern MI), various concert halls, and professional and amateur theatres (that's fancy-speak for theaters) alike. I've performed some gigs as a ringer on bassoon for pit orchestras and community orchestras as well. 
  • PufferfishPufferfish Stealing items from your bookshelfPosts: 111
    I play violin. This'll be my 9th year.
    Carp
  • I play violin, and am in my school's string orchestra. We're on our fourth year I think (I joined in the second year), so we're pretty new, but I'm amazed at how good we got! I also used to play piano, but I quit this year because of how buried I was in piano lessons and being crushed by the curriculum. I used to play flute too, but things changed when I came to high school, and now my flute's gathering dust and making me feel guilty...
  • solidparallelsolidparallel Posts: 3
    Man, I am so late to this party!

I am a Jill-of-many-trades when it comes to music.  I've been playing piano on and off for 17 years, Clarinet for 12? years, and singing for as long as I can remember.  I've messed around with bass guitar, guitar, tenor saxophone, and flute as well (though I sadly don't own half of those).

My Clarinet has sadly been collecting dust since I started my job about a year ago; I haven't found a wind ensemble I'm excited about yet.  But I still play piano for funsies, and I'm taking voice lessons and am in an a cappella group at work!
  • fingerscrossedfingerscrossed MainePosts: 164 ✭✭
    I have played violin since 3rd grade, so this is year 9. I play in school orchestra and this year another youth orchestra made up of a few different schools. But I'm also part of a fiddle group that my school has where we play traditional/fiddle music gigs, like for contra dances and at community events or jams. I also go to Maine Fiddle Camp every year. Any other fiddler Nerdfighters out there?
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  • anxiously_awareanxiously_aware Depends on the hourPosts: 131 ✭✭
    I play the euphonium(I like how spellcheck doesn't recognize the word) in symphonic band. I used to play it in jazz band, but I switched to bass this year, after our last one left. In my free time, I try to learn guitar. It's not going terribly well, but I'll probably have time later on, once my life settles down.
    "Every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    I play piano, a tiny bit of clarinet, and am slowly learning the violin. I really, really, really want to learn to play the harp and, you know, get one. I actually have this crazy goal to learn every string instrument in existence. I only have...a lot more to go.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home