Connecticut Nerdfighters?

TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in United States
In breaking news, the most boring state has very few Nerdfighters. At my school there's a small amount. Maybe there are more? (okay I exaggerate there are definitely more. But the question is are you in our pants?

I can't organise gatherings or anything since I'm 15 but this is more of a Nerdfighter-census
by Tyler
image       image       image       image         image       image
Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

Comments

• alisonchpalisonchp northeast usPosts: 2
    edited November 2013
    apparently I have been on here for a year, which is interesting since I just commented five minutes ago :/ anyway, I'm at college in west hartford :)
    by alisonchp
  • TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    @alisonchp I'm confused as to how you replied to this stupid thread before it existed... xD

by Tyler
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• maggiedearestmaggiedearest Posts: 67
    edited November 2012
    @tyler New Haven, also 15. Hola :)
    by maggiedearest
  • ssj2americassj2america AmericaPosts: 856 ✭✭✭
    Middletown.

15 as well.

It's so freaking hot.
    Why do bugs even exist?
    My sweat is sweating.
    -Gabrielle Harrison, the unsung poet of Magnolia.

• 15 is a popular number, apparently. 
  • Abby_AlysaAbby_Alysa Posts: 16
    I'm 15 as well! I'm from New Milford and most of my friends are Nerdfighters. I'd say there's maybe ten or eleven Nerdfighters at my school.
    You don't learn how to dance, John. You just do it! -Hank
    @Abby_Alysa that's a lot, I think there's the same amount at my school but it's a school of 1800 people. One of my good friends is a Nerdfighter, and I sort of know a few more.

• At a school of maybe 600, an arts school no less, I have met zero Nerdfighters. It's a shame, really. 
    @Tyler My best friend actually got me into Nerdfighteria, and after that all of her other friends followed. There's about 1500 students that go to my school, but the Nerdfighters I know of are mostly in my grade.
  • @abby_alysa Is it safe to assume that we're all sophomores? 
    @maggiedearest I'd say so
    *freshman

when I said I'm 15, I meant I'm as near as makes no difference

• @Tyler I only turned 15 like two weeks ago, you're not that far off. 
  • PsychoBabble192PsychoBabble192 Posts: 50
    edited December 2012
    Hey I'm from Griswold (not Jewett City even though it's maybe three roads it gets a place on the on the map AND the postal address when the town/schools/everything else is Griswold, but I digress) Yes so I have yet to meet another Nerdfighter :( well I managed to coax my sister and a friend of mine into RP on here with me once, but neither were very big on anything else in the community.

Also I'm 16 suckers! Bow down to thy oldest overload! XD I jest, I may be the oldest thus far but trust me when I say I am not the most responsible. Also I'm a Juinor
    by PsychoBabble192

Life is odd. I like life. It's the things inside of it that get me down.

Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back.

• jeffrsonstillsrvivesjeffrsonstillsrvives Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I'm Caroline, 14 and I'm in Darien!
    by jeffrsonstillsrvives
    I'm moving to California at the end of January

So not that I ever even met you but bye to the CT Nerdfighters

• We really are the most boring state, aren't we? You know, except when horrible things happen.

Anyway, I too am a Connecticut Nerdfighter and there are about three of us going to school in my area (we're actively working to up the NF to other ratio, of course). It might be difficult to get together, though I'd love for us to make it happen, but we should totally set up some kind of project... Something that would make CT more aware of its place in Nerdfigheria, even if only in little ways... Any interest?

• writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
    Hey all!

I'm Samantha, 18 and I'm from Westport! :)
  • Hey Samantha! I'm from Stonington myself.

I feel like we're playing the textual version of phone tag since you posted 11 days ago, but I guess that's how it is!

• drwholovedrwholove Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I did not know this thread existed. I'm 15 and from Stamford.
  • Hello there! 14 in Simsbury :) I hope that, considering the age of this thread, someone will see this.
  • spokenword_7spokenword_7 Manchester, CT, USAPosts: 8
    Hi everyone! I'm Paige, I'm 13, and I'm from Manchester. There are literally no Nerdfighters at my school (or at least none that I've met). It sucks!
  • ouchouch Milford CTPosts: 1
    Man, I wish Nerdfighters had existed when I was in high school. I just want to assure you all, it gets better. When I was 15 I felt totally alone - I was a drama club geek before the age of Glee and HSM - but now I've found a huge community of fellow nerds playing roller derby, and I'm feeling pretty good about things.

My derby league is starting a junior league for girls ages 5-17. Bootcamps are 8/8/13 and 8/20/13 at Rollermagic in Waterbury. Look up CTRG if you want to do some actual nerd FIGHTING.
  • TheBookNerd101TheBookNerd101 The United States of AmericaPosts: 1
    I am also a CT Nerdfighter. It seems, however that the entire West Haven area is twelve Nerdfighters short of a dozen (not including myself, of course. I sold my soul to Nerdfighteria). Perhaps, it's just my age group that's lacking; around the age of fourteen.
  • krmaddykrmaddy Posts: 2
    I'm Karla, I'm 19, and I'm from Simsbury. I go to school in Boston now, but I still go back for vacations. 
  • Hey guys! I'm Nichole, I'm 18 and from Cromwell. But I go to UConn. In Storrs. We should all meet up!
  • My dad lives on the line of Dudley, MA and Thompson, CT if there's anyone around there.
  • SamVimesSamVimes Sandy Hook, CTPosts: 7
    I'm Chuck from Sandy Hook 
  • taaddistaaddis Posts: 2
    I'm Taylor from Rockville
  • E1izabethE1izabeth Posts: 4
    Elizabeth and I'm from New Jersey but I go to school in Windsor