Other adaptions you'd like to see

13»

Comments

• ZoggFromBetelgeuseZoggFromBetelgeuse Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I would really like to see a vlog-adaptation of Goethe's Faust I. 
    (By the way, Wes Anderhold would make a great Mephistopheles.)
  • ZoggFromBetelgeuseZoggFromBetelgeuse Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    What about "The Gregor Samsa Diaries", an adaptation of Kafka's "Metamorphosis"?

Just kidding. 

[SPOILER]Wood be a great April-fools-announcement though...[/SPOILER]
    by ZoggFromBetelgeuse
  • I know it has probably been suggested, but LBD made me love P&P so much, I'd love to see what they'd do with Sense and Sensibility, given it has never been one I enjoyed.
  • pinkpainkillerpinkpainkiller Posts: 2
    I'd love to see wuthering heights translated to a web series. Also catcher in the rye but I don't know to what extent that book could be translated into vlogs and still make it engaging enough with it being during a very short span.
  • If they're going along with the Jane Austen theme (which I really hope they do because their 'hiatus' videos i.e. Sanditon, were based on JA) I really would like to see Persuasion. It's my favorite Jane Austen *gasp* and I think it's underappreciated :))
  • ParrotParrot Posts: 30
    Sherlock holmes, Hounds of Baskerville could be awesome. then you only really need Watson, and at least part of the book is him sending letters to Sherlock. that could actually be pretty cool. 
  • megbuelowmegbuelow Posts: 2
    I personally would love to see Wuthering Heights... no idea how they would go about it though. But I completely agree with Little Women, I think that would be fantastic. Or Jane Eyre. :)
    Jane Eyre was the first thing that I considered when I came to the realization that The Lizzie Bennet Diaries was going to have to end at some point. The Catcher in The Rye would be interesting as well, since I can see Holden being a little voyueristic in his travels to NYC. 

The great thing about what was done in this adaption was that it really stuck to the characters while still being modern. Unlike some adaptions (especially modern adaptions of Shakespeare) the characters are lost and it's almost impossible to see the real story underneath all the changes that were made to the essence of the story. My favorite Shakespeare comedy that has yet to see a real modern day adaption has to be Much Ado About Nothing, I love the idea of two quick witted people being tricked into falling in love with each other! 
  • RaibeanRaibean Oceanside, CAPosts: 144 ✭✭
    Why not PPZ? It would be like LBD only more zombies and stage makeup.
  • J6uliaJ6ulia Posts: 4
    I think the merry wives of Windsor would be fun to see, and Jane Eyre.
    I was very satisfied with the Lizzie Bennet Diaries ^u^
  • J6uliaJ6ulia Posts: 4
    Count of Monte Cristo would be AMAZING!

• ninib14ninib14 Posts: 12
    A great gatsby vlog would be interesting. 
    I think this is a great idea! Then there might be an adaption of the great gatsby that John would like!
  • ninib14ninib14 Posts: 12
    I really wouldn't mind as long as it wasn't Romeo and Juliet because to be quite frank I think that their love is artificial and that the story doesn't really adapt all that well to modern times, the series would be short and the story is none to great...
  • ashimmer13ashimmer13 Seattle, WA, USAPosts: 109 ✭✭
    @Bee12 I am also hoping for a Northanger Abbey adaptation. I could just see a modern Catherine Morland being ridiculously dramatic. She could be caught up in all the vampire lit and shows that are popular now (because she was caught up in the romance of the gothic novels) It could be awesome! And hilarious.  Plus I love Henry Tilney so very much haha. 
    No one who had ever seen Catherine Morland in her infancy would have supposed her born to be an heroine.

@mutantcheesecake I love Persuasion too, not at all overlooked in my world.  A friend of mine from college makes gorgeous book jewelry and I gave my mom a necklace for mother's day that has the line
    "You pierce my soul..." from 'THE LETTER' ugh. so many feelings!

I do think it is important to consider books in the public domain as possibilities for future adaptations as it is way less messy legally that way.  So no Gatsby, Anna Karenina, Twilight etc. 
    "Every artist was first an amateur." 
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "It is well to have as many holds upon happiness as possible"
    -Henry Tilney, Chapter 22 of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey
  • BagelThiefBagelThief Posts: 4
    I feel as though I'm a bit late to chime in on this, but I'd love to see pretty much any Shakespeare... my personal favorite is Much Ado About Nothing, but to be honest, I'd watch pretty much anything that Pemberly Digital puts out!  Especially including other Jane Austen (Mansfield Park is a definite favorite, and I'm *so* excited for Emma Approved!)

I do think they should stick to more classical books for now, though that could just be me.  And of course there are the copyright issues.
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    nedamarie said:
    The Catcher in the Rye would be amazing (and hilarious). Especially if someone could shoot it on location and all, like a travel vlog or something like that, you know what I mean? 

Only problem is that if Holden hates the movies, wouldn't he also hate TV and YouTube? I mean, we don't want him to seem like a hypocrite.
    by WingspanTNR
  • WingspanTNRWingspanTNR Iowa, USPosts: 116 ✭✭
    If they could somehow figure out the time element, I'd love to see them do Great Expectations, especially if they can make an adaptation wherein Pip doesn't seem like a complete and total asshat.