Carry On

thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 446 ✭✭✭
Has anyone read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell? If so, would they care to discuss it with me?
I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.

Comments

• YES!! I love Rainbow Rowell's books :)
    "I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster." Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Ah yay! What was your favourite of her books?
  • I think Fangirl is my favorite... I've read it so many times that it feels like I've memorized it! But I like all of them. What's your favorite?
    "I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster." Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 446 ✭✭✭
    It's kind of a toss up between Fangirl and Carry On for me. Every time I read one of her books it becomes my new favourite, but I pretty much stuck with Fangirl until I read Carry On. Now I'm not sure if I like Carry On better, or if I'm just favouring it because it's all new and shiny. I mean, it's awesome and everything I could possibly wish for, but I do still relate most to Cather.
  • TurquoiseBlueTurquoiseBlue Posts: 89
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, the thing I liked about Carry On was how different all of the characters seemed. I think if I tried to explain the premise of the book to someone it would sound like Harry Potter, but Simon Snow's character is so different from Harry Potter's character even just in the way that he thinks about life and what's going on around him. I'm not sure how I would describe Simon... not really naive but more like self-centered in a good way?

EDIT: Now that I think about, I would say that Simon isn't necessarily smart in terms of magic or school, but he is caring, brave, and I think his heart is in the right place.
    by TurquoiseBlue
  • FangirlKodaFangirlKoda Posts: 11
    When I learned about Carry on I had a very bad fangirl attack it's freaking beautiful!! I also own both Fangirl and Carry on.
  • anotherxlaraanotherxlara ParisPosts: 2
    I love Carry On too! Mostly, I love Baz. And Penny.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 572 ✭✭✭
    I don't think the similarities to Harry Potter are important. The differences are.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • JaeanneeeJaeanneee GeorgiaPosts: 4
    Super late to the discussion, but Carry On is great. (Anything by Rainbow Rowell really)
  • Emilia101Emilia101 FloridaPosts: 5
    Also really late to the conversation , I absolutely loved Carry On and adore Rainbows writing style.