Do you own signed books?

If yes, by whom and how many?

I start:
Yes i have signed books:
Andreas Brandhorst: Das Schiff (The Ship)(Awesome book! I might do a review on it!)
Bernhard Hennen: Elfenlicht (fron The Elven series)
Thomas Thiemeyer multiple books
Michael Peinkofer multiple books
Wolfgang Hohlbein multiple books(probably the most signed books b/c I met him like 10 times xD)
(As you can maybe tell they are all German authors because it's more likely that I will them than any other nationality.)

I am not sure how many sign books I have but it's 10+.

I wish that i could meet some of the non-german authors whos books stand on my shelf and get them signed...

Comments

• Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 596 ✭✭✭
    TFiOS and LFA, my husband bought some box with all his books and those two were signed. I have however not met John, and neither has my husband. It would be AWESOME to do, but the Atlantic is one out of several minor problems...

And a book about apple trees. Not super cool, but kinda fun. It was my dad who bought it at some garden plant shop when the author happened to be there.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • ToddTodd Posts: 9
    Yeah, I've got several signed/numbered books by Brandon Sanderson. I live in Utah valley, so scooting down to BYU for the release events is pretty easy.
  • FangirlKodaFangirlKoda Posts: 11
    I have a good deal of signed/first edition books, though I've never gotten a book signed by the author in person
  • dftbastarkiddftbastarkid FinlandPosts: 24
    My only signed book is The Fault in Our Stars
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭
    I only really own one signed book... which I haven't looked at in years and totally forgot about till I saw this topic. Hold on. (Goes to book shelf) I'm back and my bowling pin fell over... Yes I have a bowling pin on my desk, no it's never fallen over before. Why do I have a bowling pin on my desk you ask? Because Ernie Hall gave it to me after "Stand By Your Man" ended. Why did he give me a bowling pin? I don't know, ask Ernie.

Back on topic now... Acting with the Movie Stars an Autobiography by Don Brenon. The price on the back cover says $19.95 but considering how long I've had it, the fact that it's still in great condition, and that it's signed by Don Brenon... actually I have no idea how much it's worth. It was signed directly to me, and at the time I was still using my given name. I hadn't come up with James Robbert Hermes yet. I've only had that name for about ten years. I don't even think I had finished high school yet. So unless you happen to share my given name the signature isn't going to mean much to you.

I didn't just get the book signed by the author but actually bought it directly from him. At least I assume I bought it. I don't actually remember giving him any money. I remember getting the book but I almost want to say he gave it to me. My memory is really kind of hazy.

I really suck at reading cursive, I would tell you what he wrote but I honestly have no idea what it says. It's my first name, something that looks like "Doop Puch" and then his name. The E in his name looks like an O too so maybe it's actually "Deep" but still no clue what the other word is... also I just noticed that there's an extra curl at the top of the "D" that isn't consistent with the other two D's so maybe it's not a D at all. I should take a picture and upload it, maybe someone here can tell me what the heck this says.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!