Any Book Recommendations..???

SnitchWitchSnitchWitch BangalorePosts: 6
I can't think of what else to read, so if you guys have any good suggestions, PLEASE let me know.
Message, comment, w/e yaass
~SnitchWitch

Comments

• Lavache_BeadsmanLavache_Beadsman New YorkPosts: 661 ✭✭✭
    It depends: what kinds of stuff do you like to read?

• SnitchWitchSnitchWitch BangalorePosts: 6
    @Lavache_Beadsman I don't really have a preference, I'm open to anything. But I love things like Harry Potter, and Agatha Christi and thriller, fantasy, and I like biographies too. Sci-fi um. Actually anything, I just want good books to read :smiley:
    ~SnitchWitch
  • Lavache_BeadsmanLavache_Beadsman New YorkPosts: 661 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Hm, I don't read a lot of those kinds of books, but have you ever read Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz? I read it a long time ago, but I remember really liking it (don't be fooled by the awful film adaptation).

If you like biographies and memoirs, I'd suggest reading Christopher Hitchens' "Hitch 22." It's incredibly written, and he was also a really interesting guy. Lit by Mary Karr is also very good.

Some books I recommend to anyone who asks:

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
    A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace
    On Beauty by Zadie Smith
    The Collected Stories by Amy Hempel
    The Broom of The System by David Foster Wallace
    Freedom by Jonathan Franzen

Hope this is helpful!

by Lavache_Beadsman
    @Lavache_Beadsman Thank you so much!! I'll definitely check these out and I'll let you know whether I liked them or not!
    Cheers :)
    ~SnitchWitch
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 605 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    If you like dark fantasy, I can recommend the Coldfire trilogy by C.S. Friedman. It was a long time since I was so consumed by a book as by these ones, and I'm waiting impatiently for my order of another one of her books to arrive at the bookstore. The wonderful thing is that you don't know whether they'll live or die, like you know with certain other authors, but you're left with a combination of hope and fear until either they die or the book ends and they've survived.
    by Gara_the_engineer
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
    @Gara_the_engineer yess I will read them! Do you know if they're available as ebooks? Thank you so much! <3
    ~SnitchWitch
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 605 ✭✭✭
    I'd guess not, they were published in the 80's... But it's probably worth to check anyway!
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • _Mphangela__Mphangela_ Lusaka, Zambia Posts: 24
    If you're into dystopian fiction then I'd recommend Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor. It's a refreshingly new take on the genre.
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Let me start you down a rabbit hole:

Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death - MC Beaton.

You've only got another 26 books in the series to go!
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo