Survey about ALL the books!

124»

Comments

• flyingdandelionsflyingdandelions PigfartsPosts: 29
    List all of John’s books you’ve read in order from most favorite to least favorite: 
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Will Grayson, Will Grayson
    Looking for Alaska 
    An Abundance of Katherines 
    Paper Towns 
    But GOD they are all amazing. None of them are bad at all, and it took me forever to put them in order...I haven't read Zombicorns yet.
    Favorite Cover: Looking For Alaska. I get chills when I look at it.
    Favorite Male Character: Augustus Waters. That's all I have to say.
    Favorite Female Character: Hmm...I'd have to say Hazel Grace Lancaster.
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): ...I'll get back to you on this one.
    Favorite Narrator: The third person narration in An Abundance of Katherines was done really well...but if you mean character, I'll have to say Pudge (Miles) in Looking For Alaska.
    In what format did you read the books? 
    LfA- IRL (Actual book made of paper) 
    AoK- IRL book
    PT- IRL book
    WG,WG- IRL book
    TFIOS- eBook - I have way too many notes that I wrote on it. I love having it on eBook, but now I need a real copy.
    In what order did you read them? The Fault In Our Stars, An Abundance of Katherines, Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, Will Grayson, Will Grayson
    Where did you first hear about John Green? The Scholastic powered website The Stacks - there were two Nerdfighters on there discussing TFiOS.
    "Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." -Louisa May Alcott

DFTBA.

• rouxroux Posts: 3
    List all of John’s books you’ve read in order from most favorite to least favorite: 
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Let It Snow 
    Favourite Cover
    Paper Towns
    Favorite Male Character: Augustus Waters 
    Favorite Female Character: Alaska 
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): Either
    a) "It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined."
    b) “It is saying these things that keeps us from falling apart. And maybe by imagining these futures we can make them real, and maybe not, either way we must imagine them.”
    Favorite Narrator: Q 
    All actual paper copies. 
    In what order did you read them? Let it Snow, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking For Alaska
    Where did you first hear about John Green? My Ex-Boyfriend
  • TerahertzTerahertz Posts: 35
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Looking For Alaska
    (Only just started it, but so far) Will Grayson, Will Grayson
    Paper Towns (I feel so guilty that this is at the bottom, I loved it, but I think I like the others more.)
    Favorite Cover: I love TFIOS's cover, surprisingly enough, despite hating it at first.
    Favorite Male Character: Pudge, but this may change to one of the Graysons as I get further into the book.
    Favorite Female Character: Hazel.
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): Impossible.
    Favorite Narrator: Hazel by far.
    Everything normal book except Zombicorns, for which I nicked my brothers Kindle.
    In what order did you read them?
    Looking for Alaska
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Paper Towns
    Where did you first hear about John Green? I'm a long-time Nerdfighter, so through the VlogBrothers channel.
  • Ev8Ev8 Posts: 39
    edited May 2013

List all of John's books you've read from favorite to least favorite:

The Fault in our Stars
    Looking for Alaska
    Favorite Cover:
    TFiOS
    Favorite Male Character:
    Hassan
    Favorite Female Character
    : Hazel
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know):
    the entire TFiOS. Today: That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt
    Favorite Narrator:
    Hazel or Will (David's)
    TFiOS hardback; Others paperback
    Looking for Alaska, TFiOS; An Abundance of Katherines; Will Grayson, Will Grayson
    Where did you first hear about John Green?
    Goodreads
    by Ev8

• Floo_Powder_PowerFloo_Powder_Power GallifreyPosts: 86 ✭✭
    The Fault in our Stars
    Looking for Alaska 
    Paper Towns 
    Favorite Cover: Paper Towns
    Favorite Male Character: Augustus Waters or Pudge 
    Favorite Female Character: Hazel Grace or Margo
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): Either "I'm a motherfucking fox." or "I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace."
    Favorite Narrator: Hazel Grace or Colin
    All in book form, most borrowed from the library. Except TFIOS. I bought that one :3
    In what order did you read them? TIFIOS, LfA, AAOK, PT.
    Where did you first hear about John Green? I stumbled upon a vlogbrothers video.

• marox14marox14 Posts: 47
    The Fault in our Stars
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska 
    Favorite Cover: The Fault In Our Stars (instand sentimentality) 
    Favorite Female Character: Margo Roth Spiegleman OR Hazel Grace
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet (omigod, I want a poster of this or something)
    Favorite Narrator: Hazel 
    I read them all from an actual physical book- the libray is my home c: 
    In what order did you read them? tfios, aaok, wg, pt, lfa
    Where did you first hear about John Green? tumblr- I loved David Levithan and found out he wrote a book with John Green- so I HAD to find out who this guy was :)
  • List all of John’s books you’ve read in order from most favorite to least favorite: 
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Looking For Alaska
    An Abundance of Katherins
    Favorite Cover: Looking for Alaska 
    Favorite Female Character: Alaska 
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): "What a slut time is. She screws everybody"
    Favorite Narrator: Pudge
    In the book format... like a physical copy..
    In what order did you read them? TFIOS, AAK, LFA.
    Where did you first hear about John Green? From Charlieissocoollike
  • claraoswaldclaraoswald Hogwarts Posts: 120 ✭✭
    List of John’s books you’ve read in order from most to least favorite: 
    Looking for Alaska
    Paper Towns
    The fault in our stars
    Favorite Cover: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
    Favorite Male Character: Isaac(tfios)/Agustus
    Favorite Female Character: Margo
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): 'if people were rain, i was a drizzle and she was a hurricane'
    Favorite Narrator: Q/the Will Garysons
    LfA- IRL, PT- IRL, WG,WG-IRL, TFIOS- IRL
    In what order did you read them?TFIOS, LfA, PT, WGWG
    Where did you first hear about John Green?Vlogbrothers

_.•__WE THINK TOO MUCH AND FEEL TOO LITTLE. 

(_______. + ‘ ¯ ‘ +.

_‘ + . _ .  ‘ ____•._))

• BroekhartBroekhart Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    List all of John’s books you've read in order from most favorite to least favorite: 
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska 
    Favorite Cover: TFiOS
    Favorite Male Character: Tiny Cooper 
    Favorite Female Character: Margo
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): "that's the thing about pain it demands to be felt" but really that is a very hard question that I find nearly impossible to answer
    Favorite Narrator: Q
    In what format did you read the books? All irl
    In what order did you read them? Paper Towns, Will Grayson, Will Grayson, Looking for Alaska, Abundance of Katherines (Currently Reading), TFiOS (Saving for Last)
    Where did you first hear about John Green? Alex Day, or Charlie I can't quite remember

by Broekhart
  • mollymuppetmollymuppet Posts: 2
    The Fault in our Stars
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska
    An Abundance of Katherines 
    Zombicorns 
    Favorite Cover: TFIOS
    Favorite Male Character: Miles 
    Favorite Female Character: Hazel
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): I fell in love like fall asleep. Slowly, then all at once.
    Favorite Narrator: Will Grayson and Will Grayson 
    In what format did you read the books? Hardback books, irl, all of them, but Zombicorns on web
    In what order did you read them? Tfios, paper towns, AAOC, LFA, Zombicorns, wg, wg
    Where did you first hear about John Green? A Tyler Oakley youtube video that said I should read it
  • AnaLisaAnaLisa Posts: 2
    List of John's books you've read in order from most favorite to least favorite:
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Looking for Alaska
    Paper Towns
    Favorite Cover: Paper Towns
    Favorite Male Character: Augustus Waters
    Favorite Female Character: Alaska Young
    Favorite Quote (Hard Question, I know): "When adults say, 'Teenagers think they are invincible' with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations."-Looking for Alaska
    Favorite Narrator: Pudge
    In what format did you read the books? I read them all as real books. I'm old school like that :P
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Looking for Alaska
    Paper Towns
    Where did you first hear about John Green? I finished reading a book and it had one of those "If you liked this book, you'll like these books" sections and Looking for Alaska was on it. I didn't actually read a John Green book until I came across the Fault in Our Stars on Barnes and Noble.com and I read the first chapter. Then I found him on youtube.

• Queenie59Queenie59 Posts: 29
    The Fault in our Stars
    Looking for Alaska 
    Favorite Cover: the black one Looking for Alaska with the candle
    Favorite Male Character: Augustus
    Favorite Female Character: Hazel Grace
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): hmm, “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 
    Favorite Narrator: Hazel Grace
    In what format did you read the books? 'real' books
    In what order did you read them? The fault in our stars, Looking for Alaska
    Where did you first hear about John Green? tumblr?

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home. ― Anna Quindlen

• sophialovesweetssophialovesweets Posts: 20
    edited July 2013

by sophialovesweets
  • AlexanderGreatAlexanderGreat Posts: 14
    List of John's books you've read in order from most favorite to least favorite:
    Looking for Alaska 
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Paper Towns
    WGWG
    Favorite Cover: Looking for Alaska 
    Favorite Female Character: Alaska Young
    Favorite Quote (Really hard): Either:
    1) If people are rain, then I was a drizzle, and she was a hurricane -- Looking For Alaska
    2) I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace -- TFIOS
    Favorite Narrator: Hazel 
    In what format did you read the books? I read them all as real books. 
    LFA 
    Paper Towns
    WGWG
    TFIOS
    Where did you first hear about John Green? School, where a wonderful teacher introduced me to LfA and from then onwards, I went from one infinity to the next. 
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska
    The Fault in Our Stars
    Favorite Cover: Looking for Alaska with the cigarette smoke
    Favorite Male Character: The Colonel
    Favorite Female Character: Margo Roth Spiegelman
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know):"Yes I can see her almost perfectly in this cracked darkness"
    Favorite Narrator: Q
    In what format did you read the books?All paper books
    In what order did you read them? LfA, Paper Towns, TFIOS, AAOK
    Where did you first hear about John Green? Crash Course
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • LinaLina Posts: 2

PT TFiOS LfA aAoK
    Fave Cover: Looking for Alaska (daisy one) 
    Fave Male Character: Augustus Waters 
    Fave Female Character: Margo
    Fave Quote : ''If people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane.'' 
    Favorite Narrator: Pudge  
    All real paper books except for TFiOS I read that on a pdf file from my phone
    In what order did you read them? TFiOS PT LfA AAoK
    Where did you first hear about John Green? one of my favorite writers on wattpad put on her profile that her favorite writer was John and TFiOS was starting to go viral and the movie was going to come out so I read the book because I wanted to finish it before the movie was out and then I got hooked on John's writing and read the rest of his novels in 2 months, fast. 
    fun fact : I used to watch crash course and vlogbrothers before but only Hank's videos, never thought about watching the so called John and then I found out that Hank's John is like my favorite writer John MIND BLOWN for a week
  • IbokIbok Posts: 6
    The Fault in our Stars (read 35ish times!!!)
    Looking for Alaska
    Paper Towns

Favorite Cover: An Abundance of Katherines
    Favorite Male character: Augustus Waters
    Favorite Female character: Alaska Young
    Favorite Quote: (This relates to me so much!) "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
    Favorite Narrator: ...
    Format: LFA, PT, and AOK are paper copies. TFIOS I got the paper copy but I had to read it everywhere so I now almost exclusively read it as an ebook.
    Order: PT, TFIOS, LFA, AOK
    First heard about John Green: Crash Course U.S. History.
  • PrincessBPrincessB Posts: 12
    Looking for Alaska
    The Fault In Our Stars
    Will Grayson Will Grayson
    Paper Towns
    Let it Snow

Favorite Cover:Will Grayson Will Grayson & Paper Towns (couldn't decide)
    Favorite Male Character: Q
    Favorite Female Character: Hazel
    Favorite Quote (Hard question, I know): ONE of my favs....I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly & then all at once.
    Favorite Narrator: Will Grayson(both of them) I love books from different character perspectives.
    In what format did you read the books? Physical Books of course!
    In what order did you read them? I have to guess.....TFIOS, L4A, Paper Towns, Abundance of Ks, Will Grayson Will Grayson
    Where did you first hear about John Green? I found TFIOS at the library I believe.

Sooooooo pumped to hear him read from "a thing he's working on" soon on P4A!!
    DFTBA (:
  • CoraCora Ontario, CanadaPosts: 5
    Sorry if the post is a little old to reply to - but I couldn't help myself.
    List all of John’s books you’ve read in order from most favourite to least favourite:
    The Fault In Our Stars
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska
    Let it Snow
    Will Grayson Will Grayson
    Zombiecorn
    Favourite Cover: The Fault In Our Stars.
    Favourite Male Character: Augustus Waters
    Favourite Female Character: Tie between Hazel and Alaska
    Favourite Quote (Hard question, I know): Probably the one I relate most to: I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once.
    Favourite Narrator: Hazel.
    The Fault In Our Stars - Audio Book (with John reading), ebook, paperback
    Looking for Alaska - ebook, paperback, french paperback
    An Abundance of Katherines - ebook, paperback
    Let it Snow - ebook, paperback
    Will Grayson, Will Grayson - ebook, paperback
    Zombiecorns - PDF
    In what order did you read them? (This is only covering the first time reads which was all ebook - I've lost track how many diff times I've read them all.) TFIOS, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, Will Grayson Will Grayson, Let it Snow, Zombiecorn
    Where did you first hear about John Green? A friend suggested I read TFIOS - the obsession exploded from there.
  • triskaidekaphobiatriskaidekaphobia Posts: 4
    The Fault in our Stars
    Let it Snow
    Paper Towns
    Looking for Alaska

Favorite cover: Looking for Alaska 10th anniversary edition
    Favorite Male Character: Quentin
    Favorite Female character: Hazel
    Favorite Quote: "It's funny what people will do to be remembered" AAoK p.201 or "Someone should tell Jesus. I mean, it's gotta be dangerous, storing children with cancer in your heart." TFioS p. 16
    Favorite narrator: Colin
    In what format did you read the books? all printed except the first time I read TFioS which was PDF and I think in Spanish
    In what order did you read them? TFioS, PT, AAoK, LFA, LiS, WGWG
    Where did you first hear about John Green? A friend almost physically forced me to read TFioS and then I started reading the rest of the books because of what I call the "John Green addiction" and then I started watching vlogbrothers and listening to Dear Hank and John, and now I'm here