Post Lizzie Bennet

All good things will come to the end, but I'm nervous when LBD does end.  Yes, the story will end, but I feel like we really attached ourselves to the cast and the cast really embraced us; especially Ashley (Lizzie).  I know that they will be some part of Nerdfighteria, but is there any thing we can do to thank them?  And let's not forget Bernie, the writers and Hank.   Any chance they would be in future projects or would you only attach them as LBD characters?

Comments

• lavalivlavaliv Posts: 9
    I don't want the series to end, either. I think it would be really cool if they continued to make web series like this, maybe even with other classic literature. The writers and actors and everyone involved have done an awesome job so far! :)

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." -The Doctor

• bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    I agree, they should definitely remake other classic books :D This one has been such a success!

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• imarielleimarielle Posts: 356 Mod
    The only problem I see with doing other classic literature web series with the same cast is that much of the cast has sort of become their characters.  As much as I love the cast and would love to see them do more after LBD, it would be weird to see Ashley play another fictional character from a classic story in the same sort of way.
    Let's be friends!  Message me if you need anything!
  • phampantsphampants Posts: 8
    I adore Ashley.  Not only did Nerdfighteria adopted her, she really just oozes NF awesomeness. I wonder if she will make videos on her own like Mary Kate.
  • eltrut35eltrut35 Posts: 11
    I'd love to see them remake other classical literature! I love the format of this web series. I want to reread the book along with watching these videos again. I want to see the details from the book that they added in these videos because I feel like I've missed a lot of them. 

These actors and actresses are so talented. I hope the Lizzie Bennett Diaries has widened their career opportunities. 
  • KatelynKatelyn Posts: 22
    I definitely would love seeing other classic lit remade into vlogs, but it'd definitely have to be recast to fit specific roles. My concern would be that one of the entire ideas of Pride & Prejudice was the fact that Lizzie was telling things through her very biased eyes, which is what the vlog format helped to accomplish. I'm not sure it would make sense to have a vlog format for other books, like A Tale of Two Cities where there are multiple perspectives and so much information in the details of the scenery.

And funny enough, coming from someone who always favors the main characters, I *adore* Mary Kate Wiles / Lydia, esp. when she treats us with a rare MK video. Her voice is stunning! I loathed Lydia in the book but between MK and Rachel (the writer of Lydia videos), they make magic.
    The world belongs to those who show up.
  • JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I agree, they should definitely remake other classic books :D This one has been such a success!

Totally agree. Personally I would be quite interested in an adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird. Sadly To Kill a Mockingbird is the only book I can think of at the moment.
    by Joshua
  • The thing that makes me not so nervous about Post Lizzie Bennet is because the story may not end where Pride and Prejudice ends.  We live in a world where Lizzie still has to figure things out.  Her life doesn't just end because she has a romantic relationship in her life like it did back when the book was written.  So there are plenty of things that they could do with the show after the adaption ends.  I think we'll definitely see what Hank has in store when it gets closer to "the end" of the adaption.
  • ThisIsLissThisIsLiss Posts: 23
    The thing that makes me not so nervous about Post Lizzie Bennet is because the story may not end where Pride and Prejudice ends.  We live in a world where Lizzie still has to figure things out.  Her life doesn't just end because she has a romantic relationship in her life like it did back when the book was written.  So there are plenty of things that they could do with the show after the adaption ends.  I think we'll definitely see what Hank has in store when it gets closer to "the end" of the adaption.
    I think you make a really good point, sure the story in the book ends at a certain point but that doesn't mean that LBD has to end, since this is an adaptation they can go ahead and continue as much as they like (I hope) until they find a conclusion which they see as fitting. For example:
    In P&P there's a more obvious conclusion in MARRIAGE but obviously in nowadays Lizzie and Darcy getting together won't necessarily mean they'll get married, they'll date and then see what happens. I think it would be lovely to see how Lizzie would deal with actually being with Darcy and his (as he would say) "superior" lifestyle. That would be an awesome thing to explore and the writers would have more artistic freedom in some ways.

Basically I think there's a lot more they can do than just end the LBD story when the book story ends.

Oh and when it comes to more remakes UMMM YES PLEASE!!!  I would like to see my favourite classic novel Wuthering Heights, I think a POV of Cathy or Heathcliffe or even to follow the book of NELLY the original narrator would be awesome, so much to work with on that one.  Jane Eyre could also be adapted. I like my novels set in England ok, it's my homeland lol!
    French The Llama! 

This Is Liss!

DFTBA
  • I hope at the end they release a DVD of sorts. I'd buy it immediately. 
  • I am in love with this show. It's so great to see classic books being introduced to others in such interesting forms. Especially Pride and Prejudice which is an amazing one!
    The Post LBD depression will definitely hit a lot of us but we still have plenty of time before then :)
  • hpfan_8890hpfan_8890 Posts: 3
    I really enjoy watching this series and since I read the book 4 or so years ago, the details are a bit blurry which makes it fun when I suddenly get reminded of a character or an event.  It would be interesting if at the end, they explored the other characters a bit in this universe.  Maybe see more of Fitz or Charlotte interacting in their lives.  I can't wait for more of LBD!
    Arthur: Come on then. I warn you, I've been trained to kill since birth.
    Merlin: Wow, and how long have you been training to be a prat?
    Arthur: You can't address me like that.
    Merlin: Sorry... How long have you been training to be a prat, my lord?
    --Merlin 1X01 "The Dragon's Call"
  • I'd love to see more 'classic' novels done in the same way, especially Jane Austen. I am adoring TLBD and will sorely miss it when it's over. It's also inspired me to read the book, I have seen various versions of it but never gotten round to reading it, and I am so glad I am. I am thoroughly enjoying it.
  • claracmdclaracmd Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    I think that when the series ends they should create one based on Jane Eyre or one of John's books.
    by claracmd
    ''Darcy has the social skills of an agoraphobic lobster''
  • LaisLais Posts: 140 ✭✭
    I am in love with LBD, but I don't want them to continue after the book's story. I think it would be inventing too much. But I agree with the idea of adapting other books with other cast.
    Keep calm and Brazil on.
  • I hope at the end they release a DVD of sorts. I'd buy it immediately. 
    Me, too. Multiple copies, in fact...Christmas gifts for all!

I think it would be interesting to see a modern-day Emma - the shippers' queen.
  • KneazleRoseKneazleRose Posts: 11
    I would personally love to see them do a Shakespeare play. The prose and pentameter in which he writes can stop his stories from reaching many young people and as a teen Shakespeare geek I think this is unfair. Some of his stories are so incredible and interesting and I would love to see them convert one into modern times, especially one young people aren't often exposed to in English class. The Taming of the Shrew, for instance, or one of his tragedies. Parts are very dated, and they would have a lot to work with in modernizing it, but that didn't stop them from making P&P in to an internet phenomenon!
    "Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss.... But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.”
    -Wendelin Van Draanen, Flipped
  • ittakesiiittakesii Posts: 204 Admin
    It's so strange to me that this is "ending" and that it has a set ending that it's heading towards. The actors are so good you forget it's all fictional and based on P&P and that it can't just continue. 
  • ButtersButters Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had mentioned something like this in another thread. I had no idea it had a dedicated one! I think it would be awesome to see other literature come to life in the way that this cast and group of writers have done it. It took a book I had absolutely no interest in any other time I came across it and made it into something enjoyable that I look forward to. 
    Main Mafioso Manager
    Duckies!
    Land Of The Last Ones: Chef
    I make videos on the internet with some friends from right here on OP. You can watch them here!
  • ZacharySeptimusZacharySeptimus Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I really like the idea of adapting works from the literary canon into this format. I think it's really refreshing and a really interesting perspective. I think we have to be careful, though, in getting all excited about adapting ALL THE BOOKS! Not every book is right for this format. You have to be really careful in what book you choose, as I think Hank touched on in his intro video. While I would like to see more, I wouldn't want them to rush into starting the next one, or choose it by popular vote or something like that. I would like them to take their time and wait until they find the next story that needs to be told.
  • GenvieGenvie Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I hope that Hank and Bernie do other webseries, hopefully another adaptation! I know that I'll be buying the DVD of the entire series once it is over. I'll be very surprised if TLBD doesn't help all of the main actors and their careers somehow. I don't expect it to launch them into a Hollywood blockbuster but it might be a nice nudge in the right direction. I doubt that they'll get type casted because of this though. Mary Kate plays a very different role in Squaresville (another show you all should check out) and it's easy for me to forget that she's Lydia on TLBD.
  • BaileyBailey New England, USAPosts: 37 ✭✭
    Genvie said:
    I know that I'll be buying the DVD of the entire series once it is over.
    Will there be a DVD release though? I don't think they should do it unless they can somehow integrate all the extra content from Twitter and the rest of the web. That would be one complicated DVD menu.
    balailey.blogspot.com 

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/wj76/bring-emily-back-to-good-health <-- Please share this site for my friend! She's in pain and needs your help. This is an authorized GiveForward fundraiser.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    @Bailey Bernie Su said on his AMA that they were exploring different ways to intergrate the tweets and everything else. However they do it they definately will do it!  

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• BaileyBailey New England, USAPosts: 37 ✭✭
    Awesome! Can't wait!
    balailey.blogspot.com 

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/wj76/bring-emily-back-to-good-health <-- Please share this site for my friend! She's in pain and needs your help. This is an authorized GiveForward fundraiser.