Nevada nerdfighters ahoy!

Calling all battle born silver state dwellers! From my experience on yourpants, there aren't many of you, but that shouldn't stop us from assembling. ASSEMBLE, I SAY.

Comments

• IR591620IR591620 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭
    There are not many nerdfighters in this state. I think this should be changed. I bid you well for being one of the few.
    "I never said she stole my money."
    A phrase with 7 different meanings depending on what word you stress.
  • hippiepunkygeekyhippiepunkygeeky Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    IR591620 said:
    There are not many nerdfighters in this state. I think this should be changed. I bid you well for being one of the few.
    Edit: ignore my previous statement, if you happened to see it. I misinterpreted you #-o Nevada nerdfighter threads haven't been the same since the hacking of the first yourpants.org
    by hippiepunkygeeky
  • One of the many reasons that I strongly dislike it here in Vegas is that there are BARELY ANY NERDFIGHTERS AT ALL AND IT MAKES ME SAD.
  • One of the many reasons that I strongly dislike it here in Vegas is that there are BARELY ANY NERDFIGHTERS AT ALL AND IT MAKES ME SAD.
    Even worse in Reno, my friend. Ours is a state of Decepticons :(
    The thing I dislike most about being in Vegas is the fact that the Tour de Nerdfighting and all other tours by youtubers go to Arizona and California but they all pass Vegas. We never get any of the good people.
  • TedShafersTedShafers Posts: 32
    Nerdfighters in this area are few and far between, my friends. We must stick together.
    As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.
    So far (including myself) there appears to be:
    3 in Vegas
    and 1 in Reno

Any others like to add to the count?
  • elizendraelizendra Posts: 3
    Where my Vegas Nerdfighters at? It so sad that there's so few..  
    DFTBA, my friends. 
  • Add me to the Vegas count!
    Add me to the Vegas count!
    That makes:
    4 in Vegas
    1 in Reno
  • KimmylatschKimmylatsch Posts: 3
    Hey I'm moving to Reno in the Fall for college you'll have a new nerdfighter in your midst!
    4 in Vegas
    2 in Reno (as of Fall)
  • I can be added to the Vegas count too, although technically I live in one of the small surrounding towns. I travel to Vegas often enough to count though. 
  • andynowliandynowli Posts: 1
    Add another to the Reno count here.
  • KimmylatschKimmylatsch Posts: 3
    WOO HOO!
    Vegas-5
    Reno-3
  • Robert7160Robert7160 Posts: 2
    Reno 4 
    Vegas 5

• Robert7160Robert7160 Posts: 2
    You earned the First Comment badge.

Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! +2 points

Wow, a badge already!  I would like to thank all those who supported my efforts in earning this award,,, (sound of crickets chirping)...
    I say once we hit 5 in Reno, we go to the planetarium or something. 
  • tiffinywilsontiffinywilson Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Why hello there Nevada Nerdfighterians! My name is Tiffiny and I help to run a geeky girls group in Las Vegas, and the rest of our group should be joining us on here shortly. But I think that the rest of the Las Vegans should get together and do something this month sometime...any ideas?  ;))
    by tiffinywilson
    @tiffiny What is the mean age of your group? It would be easier to plan something if we know the demographic of the audience.

On that note, I think it would be awesome to plot a box and whisker chart of the ages of Nevadan Nerdfighters.
  • tiffinywilsontiffinywilson Posts: 3
    @IR591620 We have about 60 people in our group, and another 20 to 30 in the L33t Ladies, with ages ranging from 19 to our oldest at 55. Most of us, however, are about 25 to 40.

• TruckeebenTruckeeben Posts: 149 ✭✭
    I'm in Reno, however I wish I wasn't, cuz I used to live in Truckee and I always got carsick from the billboards when we went shopping. Also this sounds weird, but the air feels soooo thick here. I don't like how the air feels on my arms.
    I'm in Reno, however I wish I wasn't, cuz I used to live in Truckee and I always got carsick from the billboards when we went shopping. Also this sounds weird, but the air feels soooo thick here. I don't like how the air feels on my arms.
    Can't say I exactly blame you, there. I was in the Bay area a month ago, and the atmosphere (both socially and air quality-wise) was noticeable. But this thread exists so that we can make the best of being in a city not of our choosing :)
  • TruckeebenTruckeeben Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Truly. I am starting to make the best of it. I have a couple friends here now, finally.
  • There doesn't seem to be much activity from the Nevada nerdfighters.
  • rileybbeanrileybbean Posts: 1
    Hey! I am in Reno! 

• JohnJohn007JohnJohn007 Posts: 2
    This thread needs more people...
  • JohnJohn007JohnJohn007 Posts: 2
    oh and I'm a Vegas nerdfighter
  • Angela95Angela95 Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm new to this community. I thought I should say. :) Anyway, I live in one of the many small towns in Nevada. I live pretty close to Reno though, I go there every weekend so that would make over 5 for Reno and if you count the lovely group mentioned, many more for Vegas.