What's your thoughts on Brexit?

I strongly believe that a mistake. What's your opinion and why?

Answers

• RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,886 ✭✭✭
    I think that the entire debate is either a proxy for Boris Johnson to challenge for the premiership or for Nigel Farage to tap into the undercurrent of racism that exists and ask for a change to the voting system in the House of Commons.

I don't think in any way shape or form, that this actually have anything to do with, or is motivated by the UK's relationship with Europe.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    From a political aspect I agree with you, but as a British person, the level of racism in this country against Eastern Europeans and people from the Middle East in particular is staggering and really is the driving force behind why the argument has gained any traction and why it is such a close fought issue.

From a logical perspective staying in the EU is a no-brainer, but racism isn't logical.
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Well, as of almost 5 in the morning in London, they are almost definitely leaving. This can't be good.
  • NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    This is a dumb idea. They choose immigration over not just their economy, but the world economy also.
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    It is several weeks on and so far the world hasn't ended. It is also entirely possible that they will never act on the referendum. Seems to me like the biggest issue stems from either Northern Ireland or Scotland leaving the UK.