Discuss the Most Recent Episode

A general discussion thread. Just post here about your comments on the most recent episode!
I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.

Comments

• CellistPondCellistPond Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    Well today's was unexpected

I mean Caroline randomly back in town? I'm sure that won't cause any trouble
    Oh look! A wild signature!
    If I'm not posting here, I might be tweeting
    or sleeping or working
  • sashlerysashlery Posts: 53
    Since this thread is SPECIFICALLY about the most recent episode, I'm not sure if this warrants a spoiler warning, but just to be safe...

I was super proud of Lizzie in this ep. She was so confident while calling Caroline out on her lies. I just wanted to give her a high five.
    Basically the human embodiment of a blobfish.
  • ButtersButters Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was actually my least favorite episode so far. It was the only time the acting seemed awkward or forced. Plus there was almost no story line progression. 
    Main Mafioso Manager
    Duckies!
    Land Of The Last Ones: Chef
    I make videos on the internet with some friends from right here on OP. You can watch them here!
  • TasselTassel Posts: 2
    I'm kind of amused that you thought so, Butters... It was probably my favorite episode so far. Maybe the awkwardness you saw in the acting was the awkwardness I attributed to Caroline's manipulation and Lizzie's confusion (and subsequent pwning). I thought Caroline suddenly became a fascinating character in this episode, and I loved watching the two of them trying to outmaneuver each other.

Interesting difference of opinion. :)
  • DewdewDewdew Posts: 25
    I found it an interesting episode as it is the biggest deviation from the book so far.
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

Butters said:
    This was actually my least favorite episode so far. It was the only time the acting seemed awkward or forced. Plus there was almost no story line progression. 
    While not my favorite episode ever (although definetly not my least favorite), I have to say that there was huge development of Caroline's character.
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    This is one of my favorite episodes. My least favorite was the Ricky Collins VidCon episode.
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
  • This episode, to me, was one of the most interesting by far because  

Caroline's character shows lots of development. And it's really great to finally see Lizzie see the other side of Caroline, too. All in all, a great episode.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes DING when there's stuff." -The Tenth Doctor
  • nedamarienedamarie Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    About Ep. 64 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! ugh, amazing acting, SO much of it. Lizzie showing up at the door and chiming in with that question is probably one of my favorite moments so far AAAAAAAAAAAAAH  ...I wish I could be more articulate but just. Amazing acting, amazing writing, just. A+ episode.

by nedamarie
    lover of peace, hope, and Jennifer. 
  • Episode 64 

OH MY GOD THAT WAS AN AMAZING EPISODE. Caroline's expressions while Lizzie and Charlotte were interrogating her were perfect, and it was amazing to finally have Lizzie see Caroline's true colors. Charlotte and Lizzie asked the perfect questions, and now we know so much more about Caroline's character. Lizzie's face while Caroline was criticizing her family and her financial state was perfect as well. There's even more mystery surrounding the letter now, especially as it seems to be the main focus right now. And Caroline's attitude towards Lizzie makes me think about Darcy's reaction if he sees the episode. All an all, A GREAT JOB
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes DING when there's stuff." -The Tenth Doctor
  • QLCQLC Posts: 53
    But OMG what happened when-
    the papers flew everywhere?
     I hate it when Charlotte edits good stuff out!
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    This one was very, very good.
  • JEDavazJEDavaz Posts: 16
    The venom in Caroline's voice when she said "I look forward to our next encounter." SO perfect. At first I wasn't sure about Caroline, but now I'm completely sold. She's awesome.

• MarielleMaddenMarielleMadden Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    @JEDavaz if by "awesome" you mean an amazing actress who plays a profoundly hateable character, then I completely agree. XD Fanfreakingtastic, this series.
    You can just call me Elle, it sounds much friendlier~!
    [my tumblr image my youtube]

• JEDavazJEDavaz Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    @MarielleMadden that's what I meant - the actress is awesome at portraying an un-awesome person xD
    by JEDavaz

• nargleynargley Posts: 42 ✭✭
    My only real problem with the previous episode (63) 

was when Caroline had made the excuse of saying that she heard Mr. Collins calling her name, and had to go. I mean, that's one of the oldest (and lamest) excuses ever, and I felt like Caroline would've been a lot smarter about choosing what to say. Although, I guess that isn't really a fair argument, especially with her failure to cover up the fact that she had been watching Lizzie's videos ...

The rest of the episode was as fantastic as usual, though!
    "The world may be broken, but hope is not crazy."
  • MYLitLove9MYLitLove9 Posts: 2

Right, well I want to talk about episode 68 which was posted about an hour ago. Since most of what I want to say involves comparing it to the book, I'll put it in a spoiler tag. So if you don't mind being spoiled or if you have read the book, please read and reply. :-)

So in the video, we finally hear the other side of Darcy's letter that concerns Wickham. However, I can't really be sure if it is just incomplete or if they're changing the contents because of the setup. Those of you that read the book will know that part of what made Wickham so nefarious was his treatment of Darcy's sister. But only the financial aspect of Wickham's bad character was mentioned, not his treatment of Georgianna. My question is this: Was Lizzie editing the letter to protect Darcy and Georgiana's privacy, was that part of the letter just left out of the story completely, or will Lizzie find out the rest of what Wickham did sometime later? Thoughts?

• ColetteColette Posts: 33
    edited November 2012
    @MYLitLove9

I think that she left out the Gigi part because if someone will tell that story to the internet it should be Gigi. It is not Lizzies story to tell. Also I think to the story that Lizzie said comparing Wickham and Darcy's story that is all that really needed to be said. It has been said in the past that Gigi stopped swimming. I think that have a correlation with the Gigi/George story. Or maybe Darcy did not put the Gigi/Wickham story in the letter and Gigi and Lizzie will have a heart to heart later on and it comes out.

by Colette
  • MYLitLove9MYLitLove9 Posts: 2

@Colette

Ok good, that's kind of what I'm hoping for. I knew that either way, Lizzie wouldn't tell the internet about what happened to Gigi, but it would be kind of cool if she confessed it to Lizzie herself. Also, I can't wait for Lizzie to meet Gigi! lol

• aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    I have a question relating to some spoilers I've read in the comments, and now something that @Colette has said as well.

I hadn't realized that Gigi also was, at least at one point, a swimmer.  Is this somewhere on the twitter feeds?
  • ColetteColette Posts: 33
    @aSnowyEvening
    [spoiler] it was said in the A new Buddy. Ep 56, episode while Lizzie was pretending to be Catherine that "it was too bad that she gave up swimming." So I think that that is when Wickham and Gigi saw each other again and she gave up swimming after all the drama happened. It's about 3 minutes in. {/spoiler]
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Aahh thank-you @Colette!
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    @colette
    In my memory of the original story, Lizzie doesn't tell her family about the whole Gigi bit.  So, it makes sense for the story that Lizzie didn't put it in a video which Lydia et all would watch.  Also, ethicly that's not something you would say to the internet.

A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • I feel like even though Darcy has reason beyond the financial in the LBD, maybe he didn't include these reasons in his letter to Lizzie. I feel like in the book, the reason Wickham went after Georgiana was in response to the fact he couldn't get money any other way. Maybe he has similar motivations in these videos but at the moment my guess is that he wouldn't. I don't think the modern Wickham would want to get married which would be the only way to get money out of the relationship. So if Lizzie was only concerned about the inheritance and the inheritance doesn't have as direct of a relation to the Gigi and Wickham debacle as I am assuming than maybe it wasn't in the letter out of respect to Gigi. 
    tl;dr: I don't think Darcy included Gigi's story in his letter to Lizzie.
  • QablunaQabluna Posts: 13
    A prediction, based upon a recent seemingly-benign comment of Lizzie's and the upcoming chapters in the book:

I wonder if the 'company in England doing cool things with media integration' will take the place of the Pemberley visit in the plot, as in the second-last video Lizzie seemed to be planning to stay at home while working on this next independent study project. I suspect that the team at this company will fill the role of the adoring housekeeper and staff @ Pemberley, who allow Lizzie to see Darcy in a different light.

Thoughts?
  • randomradiationrandomradiation SingaporePosts: 392 ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait for the next episode of LBD! It's a major event in P&P and I want to see how they've modernized it!
    Please @ me if you want to say something to me! | Instigator of the Last Ones | I live in the Land of the Last Ones

"When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him."    -Isaac, The Fault in Our Stars, John Green 
  • celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    So.....
    I love Mary's impersonation of Lizzie! Now I'm curious, since Wickham doesn't seem to have gone to the birthday party what's going to happen.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭

About todays episode (Episode 73)

First of all, I think it's absolutely brilliant! - one of my favourites so far and the writing and the acting was complety superb!

I think that the relationship between Lizzie and Lydia has always been very strained - as it is in the book. While Lizzie has always loved Lydia, they are very different people and don't I think always understand each other very well.

Personally, I'm all behind Lizzie on trying to get Lydia to mature a little (even though it obviously wont work) - particularly considering what we know is going to happen soon. Lizzie obviosly has Lydia's (and her family's) best interersts at heart so I completely agree with her motives (even if her method was not very tactful at all). But at the same time - I totally get Lydia's point of view! This is completely different to book where it is obvious who's in the right and who's in the wrong. From where Lydia's standing - it looks as though Lizzie is taking the side of Darcy - a person Lydia thinks Lizzie hates (and also the person who has caused so much misery for Jane) over her own sister.

I'm very glad they did this episode as it shows Lizzie gradual shift to understand Darcy's point of view. But obviously that makes it very sad for Lydia and all her fans. I think it shows how much more complicated this story is in the modern world - and it shows the difficulty the writers are going to have in bringing down a Lydia that is so much more deep and likeable than the one in the book.

Sorry for making that so long! Made me think a lot of things! 

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    After Lydia's video, I am VERY worried about tomorrow's episode. I know what's coming, but I still dread it.
  • nargleynargley Posts: 42 ✭✭
    I think I'm going to try and let the events of today's episode sink in before I say anything .... I'm pretty sure right now it would be an incoherent mess. Needless to say, I am extremely excited for the next episode!
    "The world may be broken, but hope is not crazy."