Discuss the Most Recent Episode

Comments

• vadermolt1vadermolt1 Posts: 10
    Darcy is back, and soon. Oh my god I'm so excited!

• LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Pemberly day!! One hour and 45 minutes left till next episode! SO EXCITED!

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• Bee12Bee12 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I really hope i'm not the only one that let out an "Eee!" during today's episode. I'm a huge fan of P&P and i'm just so amazed at how much love and care they (everyone involved in it) has put into each episode. IMHO this episode was just absolutely perfectly done. Just when I think the episodes can't possibly get any better, they do this! :D
    That. Episode. Was. AMAZING! :D I may post a coherent response later but that's all I can manage for now!

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• powerofawesomepowerofawesome Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Episode 78. I can not even, oh my goodness that was an AMAZING episode. Re-watched over and over again. PURE AWESOMENESS. When Darcy showed up I literally screamed (not like the really loud one but more like a squeal) and when Lizzie touched Darcy's arm for a moment I was like, "Oh my goodness what is this what is whattt." I can't even speak. =)

NOTE: I love how Gigi ships Dizzie or Darcy and Lizzie. She's awesome! They're all awesome. :D
       I also love how Darcy and Lizzie almost said the exact same thing simultaneously.

Dancing  :bz
    by powerofawesome
  • thewasofshallthewasofshall Lynnfield, MAPosts: 5
    Bee12 said:
    I really hope i'm not the only one that let out an "Eee!" during today's episode. I'm a huge fan of P&P and i'm just so amazed at how much love and care they (everyone involved in it) has put into each episode. IMHO this episode was just absolutely perfectly done. Just when I think the episodes can't possibly get any better, they do this! :D
    I did. I might have started flailing around as well.
  • ArielAriel Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I love Darcy in episode 80. He is so proud of himself when he pulls out the bowtie and hat.

I couldn't even handle the suspenders, then he added the bowtie and hat?! I'm pretty sure they should have sent out inhalers and brown paper bags to everyone before they aired the episode. *swoon*

Now that i'm done fangirling...I really enjoyed this episode! I'm curious if they know when the last episode will air (I feel the need to prepare myself haha)

@Bee12 I'm pretty sure that Bernie Su recently said in an interview that it will end around the end of March. :( I know. It sucks.

@Lucyisalive and @Bee12 that's what I've heard. At one point they (Bernie or Hank, I can't remember) said it would last about a year. So I guess I look at the first post date and it will be around that day in 2013

Oh man! That's so soon!

Side note: is anyone else experiencing Charlotte/Fitz/Collins withdrawals? I feel as though it's been forever since we've seen them!

Fitz is my favorite! I love him.

Also, I hope Lydia turns out ok.
  • CheritheCherithe Posts: 7
    Darcy's hat and bowtie today just slayed me.
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    This episode was absolutely wonderful. One of my favorites.
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
    How cute is Gigi?
    I absolutely love Gigi! I would really like for her to have a blog, or a vlog. I also find it interesting that they decided to leave her out of the Wickham storyline since that was so important in that scenario in the book.

I really, really hope Lydia will be happy and that he doesn't turn into a massive jerk, right now he's redeeming himself a little bit (but part of me feels as though maybe he's just manipulating her?)
    He definitely has the charm on overdrive. The idea that he might have a redeeming side to his story rather than many of the other interpretations where he simply does not.
  • well, that was certainly awkward...in the best of ways.

I love how Bing is finally looking like he might start running his own love life for a change and here is hoping that he calls Jane.  I might have to watch it over again, cause i spent almost the whole time gigi was on camera thinking that i really want her dress. 

(also, the whole Bing/video thing could go really well...or he might decide to never talk to Lizzie again--I am still convinced that he is going to call Jane, no matter what, and they are going to live happily ever after...and no one is allowed to burst my crazy romantic bubble) 
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Bee12 said:
    I absolutely love Gigi! I would really like for her to have a blog, or a vlog. I also find it interesting that they decided to leave her out of the Wickham storyline since that was so important in that scenario in the book.

I really, really hope Lydia will be happy and that he doesn't turn into a massive jerk, right now he's redeeming himself a little bit (but part of me feels as though maybe he's just manipulating her?)
      I'm not convinced they have left Gigi out of the story line, as it is crucial in the book that she doesn't tell anyone about that, even Jane, which in some ways allows Lydia to be seduced.  I think they just haven't told us all of what is in the letter yet.  And, I hate to crush your optimism, but it's next to impossible to see a way that Wickham could come out nice, while staying true to the story. But I completely agree that I want Gigi to have her own videos or whatever...

A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
    edited January 2013
    @knyx I think that we can have optimism.
    They have been true to the story, but I think that there is a way to not make Wickham as cruel. Much in the same way that Mr. Collins offers a partnership rather than proposes or Darcy tells Lizzie she loves her but did not propose. Wickham could be simply be a little silly or harsh but not as mean.
    Additionally
    What do you think will happen to Lydia exactly?

by Ariel
  • RaibeanRaibean Oceanside, CAPosts: 144 ✭✭
    Ariel said:
    What do you think will happen to Lydia exactly?
    I think she'll end up in jail, but it's not looking like they're going that way since her whole character development revolved around her growing maturity...
    edited January 2013
     [spoiler]I think they've been pretty true to the story, but have also made it so that things can be different, like @Ariel said with the proposal. I don't believe Darcy will propose marriage in the end (that would be quite shocking nowadays IMHO. I agree that it's possible Wickham is just playing Lydia, though it would be nice for her to have a happy ending, and if they ended up together it would still be keeping to the book...they'd just be actually happy together instead of ending up in a marriage to cover up a scandal. I personally love the way they've developed Lydia's character, I think if Wickham ends up being a bad guy she won't stick with him. I really hope the "spoiler" tag works haha. [spoiler]
    by Bee12
    Sorry @Bee12 I don't know what IMHO means
    @Ariel it's in my humble opinion :)
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I still think that having him turn out good would be too much of a change, yet I've been unsuccessful to find a satisfactory way to carry the scandal into modern day terms, and maybe you guy's are right.  Regardless, I look forward to finding out.

A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.

One thing I have thought of for Lydia, which maybe is just indicative of how I was raised and/or the part of the country I am from is to have Lydia get pregnant, and then Darcy can force them to do what he imagines is proper, aka force them to marry.

• RoisinClarkRoisinClark Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Bee12 said:

There you go.

"Nothing is etched in stone. Well, till it is."
    This episode just stomped on all of my feelings. It was so well done, I'm always in awe of this cast.
    I love Gigi. I love that compared to the book, they made her a real active character. In the book, she is sweet but harmless. In LBD, she is brave enough to tell her story and crafty enough to wrangle her brother's love life.
    I'm so happy they made Gigi tell the story! It just shows how brave she really is - plus it was probably the only way they could reveal it that made sense as no-one apart from her could reveal something that private. In a way I'm very glad that the writers didn't make their back story some kind of scandalous event - just a very emotionally abusive relationship that eventually showed just how much of a douche Wickham is. It makes me even more worried about what will happen to Lydia.