Discuss the Most Recent Episode

Comments

• aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    10 minutes 10 minutes 10 minutes...

I have a few hopes for how today's episode will go down...
    Lizze will open with a melancholy "It's Valentine's Day..."  They haven't had the nerve to look at the website in a few days but know that today is D-Day.

Then Darcy will show up, stupefying Lizzie, insisting that she take a look at the website.  Lizzie is of course horrified, assuming that he's cold-blooded and a heartless robot, but eventually she does it anyway, and is bewildered to find that it has been taken down.  And then Darcy unveils how it all went down.

I really want to see a confrontation between Darcy and Wickham, but it would take a LOT of balls for Wickham to show his face anywhere near the Bennett residence, so I don't think it would happen.  If it DOES, though, I think that George would force his way in and insist on watching the video not realizing that it has been taken down, and then Darcy would come in ("the door was open, so I let myself in") and also insist on watching the video, throwing Wickham off and adding to the drama.

I cannot wait!!!

EDIT:  Why is the spoiler system so problematic?  To clarify, the above is PREDICTIONS/HOPES and not actual spoilers!
    by aSnowyEvening
  • Bee12Bee12 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited February 2013

[spoiler] Eeee, yay for sisterly love/warm happy feelings. I really, really want to know how everything went down with wickham/darcy. I really loved the way Gigi was included in this, for her to know that she helped put an end to all of the shenanigans must have been so empowering for her! I'm so afraid Lydia is going to say "Oh, well, George must have taken it down because he loves me" or "He didn't really put up the website in the first place, I should call him and apologize". I really, really hope that doesn't happen. I don't think it will because it would leave so many things open in the end for us to wonder (worry) about. I'd love to see a confrontation between Lydia and George though, maybe him trying to get her back and her realizing she's too wonderful and awesome for him. This post was much longer than intended haha.

by Bee12
  • johnhmaloneyjohnhmaloney Whiting, NJPosts: 300 ✭✭✭
    While I'm, of course, glad that the tape won't be released, I kind of wish that we could see what Darcy had to do to convince Wickahm to take the site down. Granted, it was probably just a matter of cutting him a big enough check, but I like to imagine that it was a bit more violent than that. lol
  • ArielAriel Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for today's Pemberly Digital video especially after all the Gigi Darcy Twitter action.
    edited February 2013
    [spoiler] I wonder if they'll ever find Wickham's body haha. Is Fitz going to Fiji a little random though? I mean I love that he's going on a trip with his bf but the fact that it's Fiji...I mean that's sort of random, wouldn't Disneyland or Wine Country be a little more affordable haha. Let the Darcy wooing Lizzie commence!
    by Bee12

@Bee12 On the Fiji topic... it take 15 hours to fly there from San Francisco. Not exactly appropriate for a weekend.

• johnhmaloneyjohnhmaloney Whiting, NJPosts: 300 ✭✭✭
    IMO, Fiji is obviously a cover and Fitz has been tasked with disposing of whatever remains of Wickham.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Fitz is so awesome he can probably just teleport.

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• geekacrossthestreetgeekacrossthestreet Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy that Wickham took the site down but at the same time I want to know how Lizzie will react once she finds out that it was Darcy. I'm so ready for the two of them to get together already

@geekacrossthestreet ME TOO! I can not wait for tomorrow's episode!
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Figi  Fiji was picked because Fitz/Gigi is referred to as "Team Figi" and so it was a throwaway joke for the fandom.
    by Knyx
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    It's spelled "Fiji." :P
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
    Insomnia thoughts?

Lizzie implied Lydia would be away from the camera aka no Lydia episodes and the Domino demonstration is over. Does that mean I have to wait until Thursday? What is this?
  • nickcurrynickcurry Posts: 139 ✭✭

I dunno about anyone else but I kind of don't want Jane to get back with Bing because I think Jane is too awesome for someone who 1) drops her like a hot potato (granted, Darcy may have influenced him and all but there are certainly more gracious ways of calling a relationship off like he did), 2) has no guts to call her, and 3) because Jane is just.too.awesome.for.him. 

I get what you are saying but Bing is so adorable. I want him to be happy in the end :).

I definitely do not want (book spoiler ahead)
    Lydia and Wickham to end up together. Now that the video thing had been resolved with them not getting together, I want them to stay apart.

Ughh @Ariel i'm with you, I really don't want that to happen. Also, @nickcurry I definitely understand where you're coming from on that. Maybe Bing will come to his senses, grovel at Jane's feet and woo her properly. I think he has a lot to make up for as in this version Jane has really come into her own instead of sitting at the window with her needlepoint pining away, or hoping he'd stop by.

Wonder if they'll do anything today since Lydia and Gigi won't be vlogging? Actually I'd be really interested in Bing having his own vlog briefly to win Jane back haha.

@Bee12 This Bing idea is pure brililance.
    edited February 2013
    @Ariel I just think it would be so neat to see! It'd be a good way for him to grovel as well ;) and admit how silly it was. I think it's easier to forgive him in the book (and movie adaptations). 

[spoiler] as much as I want them to end up together (i'm going to be super sad if they don't), I think Bing has a lot more to make up for as this sort of behavior is a lot less acceptable now than before (if that makes any sense?), especially since Jane has carried on living her life. Bing had better be spectacular with his apology.
    by Bee12
    @bee12 I feel like this Bing has messed up a lot more than other versions but also is a lot more clueless. It's hard to imagine Jane is a gold-digger given that she's not even chasing after Bing but also if she was searching for a rich husband do you really think she would seek to date Bing and not Darcy?
    @Ariel I absolutely agree. I wish we would get more of his perspective, maybe that would help?  Darcy we've grown to love as we've been able to see more of him realizing he was a jerk. Bing needs to do some serious dammage control. 
    Bringing this thread back because 

DARCY DARCY DARCY! I have been waiting for this since the first sexually tension filled encounter.
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I really loved Monday's episode...  It took a lot of liberties from the book, but it seemed to work.  It feels like they've deviated more from the original story as the characters have changed (especially with Lydia) but none of it really bothers me, which just makes it all the more impressive.  It's sad that it's ending, but hopefully there will be more of a similar variety (new series?).
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
    OMG the episode today was so wonderful!
    Who else squee'd at today's episode?

Tell me I am not the only one!
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
    Who else squee'd at today's episode?

Tell me I am not the only one!
    I squee'd! I was so excited! :D
    I am a mess. I don't even..I can't...I have lost the ability to form complete sentences. Today's episode was just so perfectly done in my opinion. God, all of the feelings!
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
    Bee12 said:
    I am a mess. I don't even..I can't...I have lost the ability to form complete sentences. Today's episode was just so perfectly done in my opinion. God, all of the feelings!
    My roommate thought I was going crazy, I was so excited! 
    I was on my lunch break but still at work, so I couldn't react too loudly.  But OH GOODNESS I LOVE WHAT THEY DID!
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Perfection.

That's all I have to say. 
  • LottieLaneLottieLane Posts: 3
    So, hours after the latest was released, I am still freaking out. SOO GOOD. This post made me so glad I was not the only one xD