Dealing with Depression: A video Diary.

MellyVKMellyVK Chepstow, WalesPosts: 25
So about a week ago (About a week ago!)

I came up with an Idea to get myself out of this.. very bad place i've been in for over a year. I never want to be there again and I don't want anyone else to be there.

This idea has turned into an experiment of sorts.. and honestly, its working. My confidence is growing, My mood is growing, I am meeting new people and talking etc. But I realised I want to help others, I want to make them feel better too. Make them smile or just.. inspire.

TLDR?: I did a thing, Heres the thing, Please comment about the thing on how I can improve it.

Playlist:

Comments

• HowToFixCinemaHowToFixCinema Posts: 3
    I like the idea! I'm usually hesitant to read or watch things on the topic, in case the subject gets my depression going, but it sounds like your videos have the goal of being ecouraging, so I'll check them out!
  • MellyVKMellyVK Chepstow, WalesPosts: 25

I like the idea! I'm usually hesitant to read or watch things on the topic, in case the subject gets my depression going, but it sounds like your videos have the goal of being ecouraging, so I'll check them out!

No pressure at all! I am looking for feed back and I will be the first to admit they are not the best quality but I want to learn. The first one is at a bad point last week. But The later are definitely less likely to 'Trigger' something.

I don't want to depress anyone and it's the furthest thing from my mind, Rather I really do just want to make everyone smile! :D Hope your having a wonderful day!
    Hey guys, I am on my twelve video! would still REALLY appreciate some feed back. Anything from editing to angles to music!

https://youtu.be/h2i9LqlBLPI
  • TurquoiseBlueTurquoiseBlue Posts: 89
    Hi! I just went and watched a few of your videos. I like the music a lot - I think it fits your videos well and it makes the video more interesting to watch. One suggestion relating to this is to find some similar songs because it gets kind of repetitive having the same song in every video. Another suggestion would be to try to edit the videos down to about 4 mins. I tend to get distracted with other things when I'm watching a video that's longer than that (but maybe that's just me, I don't watch anything on youtube besides vlogbrothers so I've gotten used to their time frame). But my favorite part of your videos is at the end when you say, "So Dear Diary..." I don't know why I like this part so much, but it's really great and you should definitely keep it up! (And maybe even make the rest of the video sound more like you are talking to a diary instead of an audience?) Also, it might seem insignificant, but I think the cover thumbnail images for your videos are really cool!
    "I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster." Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
    THANKYOU @TurquoiseBlue for the feed back! I have been desperate for the feed back! I will keep that in mind for tomorrows video! Under 4 minutes, Change of music and make the Dear diary more prominent, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was talking to an audience (as I don't have one!!) It was more me talking to myself but this is valuable feed back and I will change how I speak and I appreciate it so so much! And Thankyou for the compliment on my thumbnails ^.^ You have made my day!
  • nerdykitkat04nerdykitkat04 Posts: 42
    edited October 2016
    Hi! I'm starting a campaign against the stigma associated with mental illnesses, because I suffer from mental illness. It would be great if I could have a conversation with you. Also your video idea is really great and I would love to talk about using some of your videos with my campaign.
    Love ya, stay strong.
    by nerdykitkat04