Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

SHIELDagentAubreeSHIELDagentAubree Usually in a bookPosts: 8
Anyone here watch agents of SHIELD? It's my favorite show, if you can't tell by my username. I'm really pumped for season 4, it's going to be about ghost rider! I can't say I know too much about him, but I really like the personality of the guy that is playing him!

Also is anyone else really upset that they cancelled Marvel's most wanted? Do you think they will bring Hunter and Bobbi back?

Comments

• CobaltBookwormCobaltBookworm Home of Venus FlytrapsPosts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭
    I've watched all three seasons with one of my friends and I gotta say I was super bummed about the last finale since it killed off one of my favorite characters after only a season and a half of rushed development. I'm still looking forward to season 4 though.
    I didn't know they had canceled Marvel's Most Wanted though, I hope they bring Hunter and Bobbi back even for just one episode in the future. The dynamic between those two was always awesome.
    "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books."
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭
    When you say you don't know much about him are you talking about Robbie Reyes specifically or Ghost Rider in general? Robbie Reyes isn't the only Ghost Rider so it's kind of confusing the way you said that.

Personally this is the first time I've ever heard of Robbie Reyes. When I heard that Ghost Rider was going to be in this season I was expecting Johnny Blaze.

Johnny did end up in the series but was never named on screen. I'm fairly sure that was Johnny Blaze who passed the Ghost Rider to Robbie Reyes when he retells his origin story. We also never really get a clear shot of that Ghost Rider. So not only do I think that was Johnny Blaze but I also think they never showed his face because they wanted to tie in the Nicholas Cage movies without actually having to pay him massive amounts of money to appear in a TV series.

I had to do some digging and though it's not confirmed the actor playing Robbie did tweet out an image of a comic book cover featuring both Robbie Reyes and Johnny Blaze right after the episode aired and the costume used for that episode appears similar to what Nicholas Cage wore in the Ghost Rider movies when he was portraying Johnny Blaze. This might not confirm anything but it's strongly hinted at that those movies are part of the MCU. If that does end up being the case, because neither movie was produced by Disney and the first Ghost Rider was actually made before Ironman the first official entry into the MCU, that would mean that Nicholas Cage's movies are the first pre-existing Marvel films to be added into the MCU rather than rebooting the franchise like they did with Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-man.

A lot of people don't like the Nicholas Cage Ghost Rider movies but I do and would be totally fine with including them in the MCU... although I liked the first one better. The sequel for some reason decided to give him a different motorcycle which is missing the skull on the front rather than using the one that was custom built for the first movie and is so much more accurate to the comics. I think they also had a different director and the guy who made the first movie was actually a fan of Ghost Rider who tried to make things as close to the comics as possible while the sequel just completely screwed everything up. I suppose we have to accept both movies if we accept them at all... but if it's at all an option I'd rather pretend Spirit of Vengeance never happened and only take the first Ghost Rider as part of the MCU.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • jessiaca123jessiaca123 Posts: 1
    i love marvel movies.... just download terrarium app to watch all the marvel movies. click here to find more