Any aspiring writers/ content writers?

Hi, hello, how are you!

A friend of mine has recently started a website for nerdy news, reviews, quizzes etc and we're doing really well (getting a few thousand views a month) but we need more writers that can offer a wider depth of knowledge and interests - It's not a job, it's unpaid as we're not making any money from the site but that also means that there are no deadlines, no minimum hours to put in and no pressure. Happy to answer any questions and such. If anyone would be interested in helping out or would just like to have a look at our site it's rollthedice.org.uk (rollthedice DOT org DOT uk) Hope you guys don't mind me putting this here. My writing name for the site is Autumn Blackstone if you want to see my work :)

Best Wishes,
DFTBA <3

Comments

• AmandaKayCornAmandaKayCorn St. Louis, MOPosts: 7
    Hey,
    I might be interested, I looked at the website and it looks cool. I've never done any writing, aside from school and journaling. I'm unsure if I would be any good, but would be willing to at least give it a try (then you guys can say not bad or this is not going out on the website it's awful). I like this no pressure and it seems like it could be fun and something I might enjoy.

A little about me is I'm a Forensic Toxicologist living in the US. I have a wide variety of interests (sometimes I feel like I can't even keep up with them all) the most "intense" being science, soccer (football), Harry Potter, and traveling. Not sure if those interests align with what you guys want, but let me know.

DFTBA
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,902 ✭✭✭
    Nominally I write about 10-15 posts of about 1200 words a month.

What sort of content do you want?
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • PeculiarLeahPeculiarLeah Bellingham WAPosts: 3
    I'm working on a novel length fiction based off of The Secret Garden. It involves the adult lives of the characters in the original novel, particularly focusing on a disabling injury which Colin receives during the Great War. There is war, romance, and history, all the makings of a novel. I'm looking for an editor, I've published parts of it on FF.com (story title "When the World Turned Upside Down") I have six chapters published but about double that written. Is anyone interested in helping? I can help with your stories as well!
    Thanks,
    "No matter how bad things get you got to go on living, even if it kills you."
    Sholem Aleichem
  • HannahMollieHannahMollie Posts: 16
    Rollo said:

Nominally I write about 10-15 posts of about 1200 words a month.

What sort of content do you want?

We're happy with any kind of content provided it's vaguely nerdy (in any way) and isn't offensive (We're very pro-LGBT, Anti-Racism etc)

As we're so new, we're really just exploring how well all different types of content goes down with our audience and are hoping to support some newer writers in gaining experience.
  • HannahMollieHannahMollie Posts: 16

Hey,

I might be interested, I looked at the website and it looks cool. I've never done any writing, aside from school and journaling. I'm unsure if I would be any good, but would be willing to at least give it a try (then you guys can say not bad or this is not going out on the website it's awful). I like this no pressure and it seems like it could be fun and something I might enjoy.

A little about me is I'm a Forensic Toxicologist living in the US. I have a wide variety of interests (sometimes I feel like I can't even keep up with them all) the most "intense" being science, soccer (football), Harry Potter, and traveling. Not sure if those interests align with what you guys want, but let me know.

DFTBA

Most of the writers on the site have little to no experience, one of the aims of the project is to give people a platform on which they can gain experience and grow as a content writer. I'd never written for anything before and I'm now one of the editing team so it's less about who has the experience and more about having the desire to give it a try :) We're super supportive so would be happy to help out with any editing and stuff for newbies ^_^

If you want to get in touch with us we're on Facebook/Twitter as Rollthedice2016 :)
  • nerdykitkat04nerdykitkat04 Posts: 46
    Hi, I have a separate project that I'm doing about mental illnesses, could I possibly write about that?
    Thanks!!