LeakyCon Portland 2013

2»

Comments

• rickycrickyc Posts: 89 ✭✭
    I went to Orlando and Chicago. I am going to do everything in my power to make it to Portland as well! :D
    Current and Forever Obsessions: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, All Things Joss Whedon, All Things Aaron Sorkin

My Theme Song for Life!

365nerds: a project to post a video for every day of the year
    Nerd count: 134/365
  • inwardpluminwardplum Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Sharing a hotel is definitely the cheapest and most fun thing to do. There are lots of ways to find people to stay with, like Leakyrooms.tumblr.com, and also by posting on the Leaky FB page! Everyone is extremely nice, and you'll find that as it gets even closer to the date, you can find people who are still looking to add more people.

In Chicago we had 6 people in our room haha.

Stay at the con hotel is the most convenient option, but you really aren't missing much if you stay at a different hotel.
    DFTBA!

twitter: audridavis
    tumblr: squidkitten - this is an obnoxious fandom blog and for that I am sorry
  • ChislerrdoggChislerrdogg Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Oh thats a good idea :] I'd really like to get more people in a room.
    by Chislerrdogg
  • bratpackbratpack Posts: 4
    I was in Chicago and next year I'm doing both Portland and London. I couldn't stop myself. SO EXCITED!
  • amelia9009amelia9009 NYCPosts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Leaky2012 was my first ever Con. I went with the intention to just go to one, since Chicago is relatively near MN and easy to get to, but now I'd absolutely love to go to Portland. I've bought my registration, but it'll still come down to the money. And VidCon conflicts with a theater festival that I hope to intern for, so that'll probably have to wait another year (hopefully just one,) so Leaky will be how I get my Con fix for the summer.
    Activate your force-fields and just keep going.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • AnnaAnna Posts: 9
    90% chance I'm going
  • inwardpluminwardplum Posts: 246 ✭✭
    @amelia9009 I was the same. I figured I'd go once and that I'd be good, but I hadn't even left Chicago and I was already trying to figure out how I could go to Portland. It sucks, because I really, really, REALLY should not be going, because I need the money…but I can't stay away!
    DFTBA!

twitter: audridavis
    tumblr: squidkitten - this is an obnoxious fandom blog and for that I am sorry
  • karakamoskarakamos Posts: 4
    @inwardplum Oooh, thanks for the leakyrooms site. 

I am going to LeakyCon Portland! Probably! I mean, I've registered, but I have no idea what I'll be doing for the summer in terms of a job. My plan right now is to just make it work. I'm lucky, because I'm close-ish, being from the west coast of Canada. Only I'll be traveling on my own (I went to LeakyCon 2011 with my dad, because I was 16), and I need to find people to room with. And pick which hotel. There are so many options, I'm not really sure where I want to be. Has anyone else picked a hotel yet?
    I need this to be sooner. I've just been thinking about how amazingly fantastic Chicago was and all of the really cool stuff that happened to me and I miss it so much.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • I'm planning on going, but I'm also planning on going to VidCon and PlaylistLIVE too, so it's a little stressful budgeting for three cons.

I really hope that they have John Granger back this year. I saw his talks at the last 2 Leakys, and even though they kinda shoved him in a corner in Chicago, his talks are always super interesting!
    "Who's scruffy-lookin'?"
  • dragonscales07dragonscales07 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I can't go...
      I'm only thirteen though, so maybe in a couple years.
     I really want to go, but my parents said no.
    Blah. I'll be watching it ALL online though, so you guys that are going, have an awesome time!
     ~DFTBA!
    Er. Yes, I'm a bit awkward. Just a bit.
    @dragonscales07 That's too bad, it is tough to go to stuff when you're young! I remember I REALLY wanted to go to the very first LeakyCon, but I was only 15 (I think?) It's hard to get the money/deal with chaperones when you're that young. Don't worry, like you said, there will probably be streaming again, and you'll have plenty of chances to make it to conventions in the future! I made it to Chicago for my very first con last summer, I'm sure you'll make it someday!
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • beccalynn311beccalynn311 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I'm sixteen and I am goin by myself. But I live in Portland so it's no big deal. I live a distance from the convention center but I am going to try and get a room with some people so I don't have to travel.
  • I'm going! It's going to be my first ever Leakycon. What hotels are people staying at? 
  • TheJessicersTheJessicers Posts: 19
    @ZacharyAWilson Hey I'm planning on doing all 3 as well. It's like the trifecta of online-based cons. It's super hard saving for all three though hey? I have a crazy spreadsheet set up for payments and stuff still owing and all that jazz. Hopefully it'll all work out!
    Find me on Twitter and YouTube: TheJessicers
    DFTBA
  • beccalynn311beccalynn311 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Hey guys!!
    I live in portland and I am at the convention center where leakycon is going to be!!!!!!!!
    ERMERGERD
  • Newtella77Newtella77 Posts: 3
    Can't wait! I'll be my first time ever going to Leaky and I'm super excited! :) Anyone got any advice?
  • subvertclichesubvertcliche Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Is there any way to still get tickets? I want to go, but when I first looked into it it already appeared to be sold out.
    @subvertcliche London is long sold out, but you should still be able to get tickets to Portland. The website's been down a lot lately though.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • Hey guys!! I live in portland and I am at the convention center where leakycon is going to be!!!!!!!! ERMERGERD
    What does it look like? I've only seen a few photos from google. 
  • oliverleeoliverlee Posts: 1
    i'm not going but i live in portland, if anyone wants to meet up and hang out!
  • I just got my pass yesterday! The Rockstar passes are sold out, but there are still regular and Lit passes left. 
  • So excited for Leaky! I registered with the Regular+Lit :D 
    This will be my first con, but i feel like a vet because I've been following Leaky since 2009..I can't wait to meet all my internet friends irl!!! Just look for a ginormous group of people with AVP3FCC shirts. <3 Can't wait to see everyone <3 <3 DFTBA
  • futuredudemanfuturedudeman Posts: 95
    Does anyone know of any cool stuff happening around Portland after Leaky? I may end up staying a few extra days, and I know sometimes people plan tours and shows around Cons.
  • iseegraceiseegrace Posts: 8
    I will be there! Oh how I love living in Portland!...
  • KeelyKeely Posts: 3
    I'm going to go! Yay! Only because I live near Portland.
  • floweradogfloweradog Posts: 4
    I'll be attending Leakycon Portland 2013!! :D