Mental Illness Does Not Define Us

Hi
I am working on something. I am trying to start a mental illness campaign to to lessen the hate and shame associated with mental illness. The reason I am posting something here is because I need some help.
First if anyone has a mental illness they are okay talking about, your story about your life and what it's like living with a mental illness would be great. I would also like to know how you are treated by others who are aware of your mental illness and what you want to change about your treatment. I also want to know the ideal world you could live in with your mental illness.
Next, I am probably going to be starting a blog and/or vlog to promote this idea. Reading/ watching these will help, and once they get stared I will notify anyone who reads this or is interested.
If anyone is really creative or artistic, I need to design posters and other things like this to promote this as well.
Any of these things or any ideas to help me with this will help.
Thanks
by nerdykitkat04

Comments

• nerdykitkat04nerdykitkat04 Posts: 46
    I also want this to be a place where people can openly talk about mental illnesses and their struggles. I myself struggle from mental illness and would like to have access to a place like this.
    A twitter account for this has been created. It's called @Not_our_Illness. If anyone wants to have a post on this account please message me.
    Even if anyone who views this page thinks they have nothing to offer and may want to help, please reach out to me so we can have some sort of conversation related to mental illness. I want to get many different opinions and stories.
    A tumblr page has been made, search notourillness and it should come up
    I am going to be starting my original posts and stories soon, probably next weekend or so, just so everyone knows and can check them out
    I am so behind in my project, if anyone has any information, please feel free to share,
    also if anyone is willing to be interviewed I will also gladly accept that.
    Just so ya'll remember this is what I'm doing
    Hi
    I am working on something. I am trying to start a mental illness campaign to to lessen the hate and shame associated with mental illness. The reason I am posting something here is because I need some help.
    First if anyone has a mental illness they are okay talking about, your story about your life and what it's like living with a mental illness would be great. I would also like to know how you are treated by others who are aware of your mental illness and what you want to change about your treatment. I also want to know the ideal world you could live in with your mental illness.
    Next, I am probably going to be starting a blog and/or vlog to promote this idea. Reading/ watching these will help, and once they get stared I will notify anyone who reads this or is interested.
    If anyone is really creative or artistic, I need to design posters and other things like this to promote this as well.
    Any of these things or any ideas to help me with this will help.
    Thanks
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Just a tip: many don't look in this "projects, creations and brain crack" part very much, so if you ask in general discussions, more people may see it. Not that it necessarily will give you much answers anyway, because people need both to have a mental illness AND be okay talking about it AND have the time/energy to do so to be able to help you... but maybe worth a try?
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • Okay thank you!!
  • I want to help! I'm happy to explain my story if/when you're interested.
    United against worldsuck
    edited November 2016
    I am interested!! @YoureJustAsSaneAsIAm
    by nerdykitkat04
  • PrincessBPrincessB Posts: 12
    I am willing to help & share my story!
  • @nerdykitkat04 Sorry I'm so late to respond! Still interested?
    United against worldsuck
    @PrincessB and @YoureJustAsSaneAsIAm
    Yes I am still here and interested. And you do not nessisarilt need me here to share your story.
    But feel free to send me a message and we can get started or comment about your story. If you want me to write the questions in a comment just tell me to do so and I will.
    I'm just really glad I am reaching out to people and having them respond positively
    I swear every time I see that someone commented on this or messaged me I get so excited to hear about other people's stories.
    So thank you guys a ton
    edited January 23
    @Gara_the_engineer
    I just realized I completely missed a thing you said.
    You don't have to have a mental illness to be involved in this discussion. You just have to be curious about them. I just feel like conversations about mental illness aren't done enough, so anyone can join in.
    by nerdykitkat04
    I did a thing and I am really really happy!!!!

even though it's not great I m super glad that it is done