The Last One to Post Here Wins

Comments

• BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,560 ✭✭✭
    @Vicki
    I definitely liked the first two series better than the third, but I don't think that the third was terrible or anything. As for the new episode, I feel like shes not really dead. I think it's a trick or whatever. It just felt too sudden and not dramatic enough. I think I only read one or two of the original stories, so I don't have much to compare it to. I don't know what they are going to do this season, I just hope it doesn't turn into a bad show.

@gnaist hahaha just don't get too power-hungry! :tongue:

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭
    @sackclothandaisies Thanks!

@gnaist Congrats!

@Vicki and @BriRose23
    I also feel like she's not actually dead. I'm hoping not anyway. I've really liked Sherlock up to this point, but that episode concerned me a bit. It just didn't feel like what I've come to love about the show. Hopefully it'll be okay though and tonight's episode will be better.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭

@sackclothandaisies Thanks!

@gnaist Congrats!

@Vicki and @BriRose23

I also feel like she's not actually dead. I'm hoping not anyway. I've really liked Sherlock up to this point, but that episode concerned me a bit. It just didn't feel like what I've come to love about the show. Hopefully it'll be okay though and tonight's episode will be better.
    Have you two seen the next one yet? Thoughts on the spoiler?
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭
    @gnaist congrats on becoming an admin!
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace
    @Vicki @MontannaPeach

I just watched the new one yesterday. It felt more like Sherlock but I'm still not convinced that she's actually dead. I feel like/hope that she comes back that the beginning of series 5. Also I didn't trust the therapist but I wasn't expecting the ending.

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,831 Admin

@gnaist congrats on becoming an admin!

Thanks Luke! Good to see you here! I hope you're doing well!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    BriRose23 said:

@Vicki @MontannaPeach

I just watched the new one yesterday. It felt more like Sherlock but I'm still not convinced that she's actually dead. I feel like/hope that she comes back that the beginning of series 5. Also I didn't trust the therapist but I wasn't expecting the ending.
    Is there a series 5? I don't think asking that is a spoiler.

Also, I don't think the end made a lot of sense. If she really was his sister, he'd have recognised her.
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart

@Vicki @BriRose23 Well if you've seen the last one...
    now you know why he didn't recognize his sister. I also wondered about that after watching the second one. I thought the last two were both really good. The editing wasn't great on the last one, but I still loved the story. Also...REDBEARD! Didn't see that coming.

And from what I've heard series 5 isn't confirmed and if it ever happens, it'll be a very long time from now. :cry:
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

@Vicki @MontannaPeach I haven't seen the last episode yet but I heard a while ago that they'd signed a contract for series 4 and 5. Of course anything could happen in the next several years so who knows what's going to happen.

edited January 17
    @MontannaPeach @Vicki
    The ending seemed very final, but I'm not convinced. haha BUT WHY DID THEY KILL THE GINGER?!? THEY ALWAYS KILL THE GINGER! my heart! :( I think the show will be back /eventually/ hopefully sooner rather than later.
    by BriRose23

BriRose23 said:

@MontannaPeach @Vicki

The ending seemed very final, but I'm not convinced. haha BUT WHY DID THEY KILL THE GINGER?!? THEY ALWAYS KILL THE GINGER! my heart! :( I think the show will be back /eventually/ hopefully sooner rather than later.
    It seemed like a nice place to leave it. I almost want it to be final.

Only related in that it may involve talking about spoilers, but ... has anyone seen A Series Of Unfortunate Events?

@Vicki I haven't yet, but I do want to watch it. Was it good?

• sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 406 ✭✭✭
    *inserting myself back into conversation*
    @Vicki I haven't watched it yet, but I read like all the books, when I was 12.
    has anyone else read them?
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
    @sackclothandaisies @BriRose23 Yes, it's surprisingly good. Kind of makes me want to go back and read them, but the ones I have are in my parents house, and I have a feeling they won't be as good nine (?) years later. Sorry, I've just realised I was 12 9 years ago and feel very very old.

@Vicki @sackclothandaisies I read the books in fourth grade (I think) so I would have been 8 or 9, which was 13 years ago (I can't math well right now). I didn't read all of the books though, only a few.
    I started watching the series. I was surprised how good it was, but I thought there were some fun parts left out? Of course I could be remembering the books wrong and I know they can't make it exactly like the books. It felt rushed though. Idk.

@BriRose23: I started reading them in year 3, so I'd have been 7 (which is far far far too long ago, like 15 years ago) but the final one didn't come out til I was in secondary school. I've technically got them reserved up to a hypothetical 18th book at the council library near my parents house, because i wrote a whole stack of reservation cards with "book the eleventh" etc on when I finished the 10th one and they didn't have the next one. 8 year old me was a very big nerd :D

7 +15 is 21, right? My mental maths is not on it today

Vicki said:

Uh...
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    @Vicki and @BriRose23 it's good to hear that the series is good. I'll probably watch it after I am done watching what i currently am. I actually never finished all of them I stopped at like the 8th one, my school library didn't carry anymore! Maybe I'll go to the public library and read the rest of them.
  • KelliKelli TexasPosts: 2,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Hello again! (:

I'm super late to the party but congrats again on becoming an Admin @gnaist!! Started at the bottom and now you're here!
    I make videos 
    "Nerd like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff."
    I live in the land of the Last Ones

• KelliKelli TexasPosts: 2,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gnaist said:

Vicki said:

Uh...
    Lol. 7+15 = 22 @Vicki :smile:
    I make videos 
    "Nerd like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff."
    I live in the land of the Last Ones

I haven't seen A Series of Unfortunate Events yet, but I definitely want to. I read all the books. They were so good. They're like the iconic series from my childhood. Those and the Warriors series. But more Unfortunate Events. I don't remember exactly when I read them, but I think it was around 2nd or 3rd grade. I also want to reread them. XD

Hi @Kelli!

So I was giving a midterm review in lecture today and my students started packing up en masse 2 minutes before the end of class. What do I have to do to get some respect?

Sigh. Maybe I'm too nice to them.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    gnaist said:

Vicki said:

Uh...
    Opps ... I meant 14. Definitely 14.

*pretends she can add numbers like a real human*

@Vicki It okay! Honestly my dream is to have a mathematician on hand like John

@Vicki It okay! Honestly my dream is to have a mathematician on hand like John

And that would be me. :D :D
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ;)
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

Lilja said:

;)

HEY BERGLIND!! :D

Lovely new profile pic! <3
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @gnaist People do that during my classes too and it frustrates me. It's not even me they're disrespecting. XD You should just have a pop quiz in the last two minutes that counts for 50% of their grade. (Don't do that. They'll hate you forever.) Also, can we start referring to you as Our Pants' Resident Mathematician, Mikey?

I'm definitely not going to have pop quizzes, but I'm gonna have to be a little more stern at some point. Respect is important, and I get pretty upset when people don't have common courtesy.

And sure! I think I've been the resident mathematician/statistician for a while now! XD
    Prince of the Last Ones
    It is upsetting. Hope it gets better! You're too awesome for people to keep being disrespectful towards you.

I feel like you have as well, but for some reason I haven't been using the term. XD