The Last One to Post Here Wins

Comments

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,818 Admin
    NERDCOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to the stories when everyone gets back. Have fun!!!! :smiley:
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
    Which basically means I'm now impatiently waiting for stories. XD
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm back, but not from nerdcon :/ Just from studying, which I should still be doing, but trying to understand this one supposedly simple thing sends google down a fluid dynamics hellhole with more calculus than words, and i refuse to believe that understanding that is nessacery.
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

That sounds not fun...

I am back from NerdCon. It was really great. I took pics and have some vlog material, but when I'll have time to upload all the things is a different story. But it was great, and I wish it could've just been a little longer. I also had to miss the closing ceremonies so I could fly home, but oh well.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    @Vicki Yeah, that really doesn't sound fun. Hope you found the simple answer that should have been there.

@gnaist I hear the closing ceremonies made everyone cry. Someone Periscoped the opening and that made me cry. The video was really well done. I'm looking forward to that vlog! Even if it ends up being a year from now. :lol:

So this doesn't have NerdCon in it yet, but it has my vlogging my way there haha.
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭
    So I have officially been accepted into my number one choice for college, I am going to one of the best colleges in the nation to become a robotics millwright, Indian Hills CC, I was very surprised that a small community college in Iowa is one of the best but I am definitely not complaining. I am very excited for the next couple years.
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace

So I have officially been accepted into my number one choice for college, I am going to one of the best colleges in the nation to become a robotics millwright, Indian Hills CC, I was very surprised that a small community college in Iowa is one of the best but I am definitely not complaining. I am very excited for the next couple years.

DUDE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M SUPER HAPPY AND PROUD AND EXCITED FOR YOU!!! <3 <3
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @gnaist Yay! A Mikey vlog! I just saw a recording of John's closing speech today, and I tried very hard to not let the other people in the library see me cry. Very hard.

@Luke_Earl_Molle That's so awesome!!! Congrats!! You're going to be so amazing there!!!

Prince of the Last Ones
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭

So I have officially been accepted into my number one choice for college, I am going to one of the best colleges in the nation to become a robotics millwright, Indian Hills CC, I was very surprised that a small community college in Iowa is one of the best but I am definitely not complaining. I am very excited for the next couple years.</blockquote

@Luke_Earl_Molle: Congrats! Can I ask, what is a millright?

"This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭
    @Vicki A millwright is a person that sets up industrial machinery and assembly lines. I am going to school to set up automated assembly lines and industrial robots, like the ones that build cars. It isn't near as cool as Boston Dynamics but it is robots and I love robots.
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,492 ✭✭✭
    hi I've been gone for a while.. Everything has been... crazy? yea that's an okay word to describe it. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well!

@gnaist great videos! I hope you had a great time. And also sorry that your classes have been disrespectful. I always hated when other students started getting ready to leave while the lecture was still happening. It was very distracting for me, and rude to the professor. Hopefully they aren't doing it anymore!

@Luke_Earl_Molle congrats on your #1 school! Thats great! Also that sounds like a really cool and important and underappreciated job. I hope you enjoy it.

I see that no one has posted here in a few days, so I hope everyone is happy and healthy! <3

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

Glad you're back @BriRose23! I hope things get less crazy soon.

One of my classes was more respectful than the other. The majority of the people who come are nice, but there were just some who were rude, which was not fun but hard to control. Both classes are over, so they just have final exams to take next week.

And thanks! I still need to edit my second day of NerdCon, but really most of the action happened on the first day, since I couldn't stay for the whole second day. Things are just suuuuper busy, and I got nothin going on besides teaching, so that's why I've been MIA in posting. But I still check occasionally.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @gnaist I really hope that things get less crazy soon. This seems so early for exams... how do the semesters work there? I look forward to the next video, but take your time. I imagine you will be less busy after finals are over?

Anyway, I started a new medication recently, so hopefully things will get better once my body is used to that. If any of you are interested/use snapchat, I've been posting medical/health/life updates on there pretty regularly. Also, I get kind of desperate for communication sometimes so if you're ever bored... ;)

Okay, I'm done begging for attention. love you guys! <3

We have quarters at UCLA, so each quarter is 10 weeks long. There are three quarters in the academic year, instead of two semesters, and then there are two shortened summer sessions during summer quarter.

I actually will be even busier after finals, because my next quarter (April to June) will be my busiest quarter yet. Oh god.

I do have the snapchats but I don't check stories much. I'm gnaist on there though, if you wanna add me. I hope your body gets used to the medication soon! Sending positive thoughts and vibes!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    That makes more sense! I was thinking that you had a really long (and amazing) summer break.
    Why will it be such a busy quarter? do you have more classes?

Apparently I already added you on snapchat at some point because you're already on my friend list. I usually update my story pretty regularly though, especially when I'm not doing well. So if I ever disappear, snapchat will probably explain why haha.
    I seem to be adjusting some, but I'm still having some problems. I think I'm going to be going to my gp soon to see if there's anything else we should be looking into.

Thanks for the positive thoughts! I'll be sending some back to you for next quarter! <3

I am teaching two new classes I have not taught before, and I'm teaching a third class in the evening once a week, in a setting I never have before. Should be interesting but oh so much work.

I hope you're doing well!!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    That does sound like a lot of work, but I believe in you! Hopefully you'll enjoy teaching those classes! Are they still statistics classes? or something totally different?

I'm not terrible. Today wasn't a great day, but overall things are staying pretty consistent. Consistent but not really good... if that makes sense. haha :P

@BriRose23 I hope things get consistently better and then consistently good. I don't use Snapchat but maybe I should...

@gnaist Good luck with your next quarter! It sounds intense.

@MontannaPeach thanks! Since things only seem to be getting worse, I think I'll be going to the doctor soon. I'll try to keep you guys updated!

@BriRose23 Definitely do! And also, whenever you get desperate for communication, if I'm not here, message me on Twitter. That's the place I'm quickest to respond. ^_^

@MontannaPeach got it. Twitter.

@BriRose23 As is demonstrated by the fact that I'm back in Our Pants. XD

@MontannaPeach true, true. If you hadn't responded there, I would have moved to facebook. We are facebook friends, right? I don't really get on there much anymore...

@BriRose23 We are! I also haven't been on there much lately though. I haven't been doing much on the computer at all, apart from school work. I have Twitter on my phone though.

I've been avoiding most social media recently just because people are being so hateful right now. I get on sometimes though just to talk to people.

True. I haven't been checking Twitter much lately unless I get a notification for that same reason.

that's usually the only reason I even pick up my phone now. I've thought about getting rid of my phone and social media because so many people say that they get rid of their phone and they feel so much happier, but I don't think I could do it hahaha.