The Last One to Post Here Wins

Comments

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've thought about it too. I mainly keep the social media stuff on my phone for The Green Light because it just makes it so much easier to keep up with everything. I probably could be as effective just on a computer though.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,538 ✭✭✭
    I think I would mostly miss the ability to look stuff up on the go, you know? and being able to ask siri for directions is really nice.

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

haha Very true! I do have some people I can only really talk to via phone too, and those conversations are important to me.

Hey @gnaist, do professors ever check the ratemyprofessor website? (I kind of hope the answer is no because college students can be cruel.)
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

yes, I have my "skype only" friends. I also have some friends that facebook is our only connection. Those friends make up most of my closest friends.

I'm interested in this answer, @gnaist Also, do professors actually read the teacher evaluations?

Yeah. My best friend actually lives relatively close to me, but I have no transportation and she's busy getting ready for a wedding, so text is really the only way to talk to her right now. I'd probably go crazy if I lost that.

aww! I have several friends in other countries, so I rely on the internet to communicate with them. Texting internationally is too expensive and I'm broke hahaha

haha Yeah. I used to live in Canada (Have I told you that before?), so I totally get that. The internet can be such a wonderful thing.

NO! That's pretty cool. I don't actually have any Canadian friends. But I did talk to one of my British friends about Canadian healthcare once. We blamed all of the problems on kinder surprise eggs. It was more of a shot at American government for not allowing them. hahaha so yea, I guess you are as close as I get to a Canadian friend. <3

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,827 Admin
    There are probably some professors who don't read ratemyprofessor, but I do. I have evaluations on there from 2005-2006, when I also was living in Canada for grad school.

And yes, I read every single one of my teaching evaluations. Most of them are very nice, but the harsh ones can be harsh. I try not to read into the negative ones too much, unless they are constructive.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    Why has everyone lived in Canada? I stayed in a hotel in Canada for a few days... does that count?

I always tried to be constructive when writing my evaluations, even for the professors that I thought did really well. I also made sure to say some nice things! It's always nice to hear something positive. I hope you don't get too many negative ones! <3

edited March 30
    @gnaist WAIT! YOU'RE the Michael Tsiang from the University of British Columbia?! Because of our discussion, I typed in your name and only saw that one. I was going to ask if you knew there was another professor with your name. XD

Edit: I just started reading some of your reviews, and I just had to point out that one of the very first things said is that you're cute. XD Oh, college students.

@BriRose23 That totally counts. ;) Also, the kinder egg thing is pretty hilarious. That was a very common joke in Canada.
    by MontannaPeach

@MontannaPeach @gnaist One of the reviews also says "kinda nerdy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'm just a little bitter that we don't have kinder eggs in America. I always wanted to collect the little toys.

And an update for you non-snapchatters: I've had a fever for a few days now and my breathing is pretty bad. I'm not really sure what's going on, but if I don't feel better by tomorrow, I'll probably go see a doctor.

@BriRose23 So I voted up your comment after reading the first two sections and then saw the third section isn't as good. Definitely go see a doctor if you need to. This would actually be a great spot for one of Rosianna's self-care bunnies.

I also thought that nerdy comment about @gnaist was pretty funny. And Kinder eggs are awesome. I assume. I never actually got one. But they seem awesome.

@MontannaPeach a self care bunny would be lovely! I went to urgent care last night because I could barely breathe. After waiting almost two hours the doctor basically said I wasn't trying enough and sent me home. I went to the hospital this morning and spent about 4 hours in the ER. I got a few breathing treatments and some steroids to help open my airways. I'm feeling slightly better now but still not breathing very well. If I'm not better in a few days, I'll go back. They said I don't have an infection or anything to cause concern so hopefully I'll be better soon. ❤❤

@BriRose23 Yay for no infection, but what is up with that doctor?! How could someone suggest anyone isn't trying hard enough to breathe? I'm pretty sure that's something we all prefer to do. :P

@MontannaPeach yea... he didn't seem to really understand how the lungs work... I may not have a medical degree, but I've been through enough lung tests to know that he didn't do the exam properly.
    Anyway. I'm feeling a little better now. My breathing is kind of getting better and I'm working on (slowly) clearing the extra mucus out of my lungs. I'm getting there! :)

@BriRose23 Yay! How are things otherwise?

Things are okay I suppose. I don't have much going on now. I need to start looking at options for grad school though.

What do you want to study?

Right now I'm looking at programs for family therapy.. but we'll see how that goes.

Ooh! Cool! Do you think there's going to be a problem with that?

No, I hope not. I just have to find a program that I like and get accepted.

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭✭
    @BriRose23: Good luck! Hope you're slightly more able to breathe and grad school hunting is going well.
    There was something else I was going to say, but I've forgotten it :/
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

@Vicki Thanks! My breathing is slowly improving. I'm getting back to my baseline (if you don't know what that means, its like my version of normal) So things are looking up :)
    I hope you remember what you were going to say! It's been a while since you've posted in here!

:)
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    @gnaist I will never understand how you vlog while running, but good job! I really want to participate in one of these kinds of challenges sometime because it seems fun and awesome!

Vlogging is kinda hard while running tbh hahaha, especially since my phone is a huge phablet, so it takes a lot of strength to hold up. That's why I switched hands during the vlog haha.

I finished my 10k today. :)
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I definitely couldn't hold up my phone or talk while running... I can barely run :tongue:

@gnaist Congrats on finishing your 10k! I saw that on Twitter. You're so awesome!

Thanks @MontannaPeach! I run 5k pretty regularly as my weekly (sometimes biweekly, in both definitions of the word), so it wasn't a big stretch to run 5k twice in the week. I rarely run 10k all at once - I've only done it twice since my marathon last July.

I'm signed up for some virtual Disney 5k runs this summer (cuz they have cute medals), and a couple 10k's at Disneyland. The Disney ones are more expensive than the other runs, but the medals are cooler and hopefully they have good swag hehe.
    Prince of the Last Ones