The Last One to Post Here Wins

Comments

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭
    edited April 20
    @gnaist I like your priorities. Related: Your INFJ is showing. ;)

How do you feel about spring semester coming to a close? Are you going to teach any summer courses?
    by MontannaPeach
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,831 Admin
    Wait, what about liking medals is INFJ related? :P

I'm on the quarter system, so I have another 7 weeks to go... It's still sooo much work. I'm teaching three classes during the first six weeks of summer (luckily mostly the same as what I've already taught), and then I have the second six weeks off. Whew! But then my sister and sister-in-law are both having kids in June and July, respectively, so August will likely be pretty busy and filled with babies.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    Wow! You really are busy!

It was because you're more focused on how cute the medals are than just getting a medal. I don't know. It just sounded a lot like something my other INFJ friends would say. XD
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Hmm, I thought my obsession with medals was a rare thing. But I guess INFJs are rare too!

I hope everyone is doing well!! I'm busy as always, but I'm around still!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,560 ✭✭✭
    Hi! I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I'd update you non snapchatters. <3
    I'm doing so much better that I was(yay finally)! I'm still having some (mostly normal for me) problems, but other than that I'm doing pretty well. :smiley:

Mikey, I hope you aren't too busy!

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

@BriRose23 Yay! So glad to hear it!!

I guess we're all pretty busy eh?
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I guess I am.. kinda.. My parents went on vacation last week so I've been taking care of everything while they were gone.

I'm still doing pretty well as far as my health so hopefully it will last a while. :)

@gnaist I'm not busy at all. Well, I've been busy watching Chris Pine movies. I meant to go on a Star Trek marathon, but I took a really long detour. XD And I'm going to my best friend's wedding next week. Then I'm back to trying to fill my time till summer classes start.

@BriRose23 Yay for doing pretty well!

Anybody doing anything nice for Mother's Day?

Chris Pineeeeeee <3 I love the new Star Trek movies so much. I haven't seen the last one yet though.

Are you already on break? I still have 3 weeks + finals week before summer. VidCon happens to be during my one week of summer before summer classes start.

I hope things stay good for a long time @BriRose23!

I'm having brunch with my parents and siblings for Mother's Day. I think that's all we're doing. I likely will have to come back and work afterwards. :|
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @gnaist My university (I know I graduated last year) has finals in the last week of April. Yours has silly quarters and messes up the schedule ;P But at least you get to go to vidcon! I've always wanted to go but its so far away! :(

For mother's day I got mom some pretty flowers and her fav candies. Then we all went out to dinner. I just got back a little while ago and the power was out at my house. :( Not sure why but my guess is the wind, it's pretty strong. But it's back on now so all is well :)

I hope y'all are doing well! Been awfully quiet around these parts lately.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I suppose I could give a brief update :P

I was recently nominated as the chairperson for my lodge's charitable givings committee. So that's kept me pretty busy compiling a list of local charities to donate to. I've got a pretty good list now, I just have to figure out how much money we have to give away. :) Last year we totaled $20,000 in donations, so hopefully I'll be able to give a good amount of money to everyone.

Also, my aunt has moved back from Florida. She's been having a hard time recently in many areas of life, so we are trying to get her the help that she needs. She just got here last night, and today we moved her into one of my parents' rental properties, so hopefully she'll be comfortable. :)

How is everyone else doing?

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭
    It's still exam season, so that's all I'm doing at the moment. My summer starts in a week, which is quite nice - though I am coming back up here by July to spend some time in the lab working on my dissertation. It should be fun, but it's also a little bit terrifying.
    Mothers day was the other side of Easter ... at least for not-americans :P
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

I still have two weeks of lectures and then finals week. Then I kind of get a week off, but it's also when my (first) niece is born and VidCon is. I start teaching summer classes the Monday after VidCon. I barely have time to think that far ahead though.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @Vicki @gnaist You guys have such exciting plans coming up! I hope you enjoy your summer breaks!

• SydneySydney Seattle WashingtonPosts: 3
    Hello all! This is only my second post on here. I'm so happy to have joined this forum!
    Sydney said:

Hello all! This is only my second post on here. I'm so happy to have joined this forum!

Welcome Sydney! Glad to have you here!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @Sydney hello and welcome! :)

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 32
    I'm new here, but this sounds really cool. I'll be back!
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?

I'm new here, but this sounds really cool. I'll be back!

Welcome welcome! We'll be here!
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • SydneySydney Seattle WashingtonPosts: 3
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm really happy to have finally joined this forum.
    @hermionegranger Welcome!

I'm so excited to see more activity here and new people! yay!

Y'ALL. GO SEE WONDER WOMAN. IT IS AMAZINGGGGG!!!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    gnaist said:

Y'ALL. GO SEE WONDER WOMAN. IT IS AMAZINGGGGG!!!

I've heard really great things about it! I don't like to/shouldn't go to movie theaters (because they are infested with germs). So I will have to wait until it is ondemand or on netflix or something to see it. I reserve movie theater trips for favorite book adaptations and harry potter related things. :)

I don't usually make time to go to the theatre these days, but I made a special point to see it during opening weekend to support female superhero movies and female directors. It seems like it didn't even need my help though haha.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    Yes, several people have encouraged me to see it in the past few days and I know a few more who really want to go see it.

Update for non-snapchatters: today has been a not awesome (notsome? that's a thing, right?) day. My oxygen had been inexplicably low, my heart rate can't make up it's mind, my temperature has been high and isn't responding to meds, and I am having a lot of weird pains. This happens sometimes and usually stops in a day or two. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow.
    ps. you guys are missing so many cute snaps of my pets. ;P

pps. What happened to @Sydney and @hermionegranger ?? Come back!!! <3

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 32
    I am back! I am going to watch Wonder Woman soon (hopefully).
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?