The Last One to Post Here Wins

Comments

• BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I am back! I am going to watch Wonder Woman soon (hopefully).

yay! I hope you enjoy it!

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    NERDY TUMBLR    GOODREADS    TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM

• BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! I just found this place and was wondering if I could join? You guys seem really cool (but what else would I expect from Nerdfighters). I finished school about a week ago so I actually have some free time now.
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,836 Admin
    There's no exclusion here! Welcome! Congratulations on finishing! Any fun break plans?
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    @gnaist Thanks! I'm going to be working in a lab at a university near me, which I am really looking forward to. Aside from that, just writing essays for college applications. How about you?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    Fun! Good luck on applications!

I'm on the very far other side from where you are haha. I teach at a university, so I'm just finishing up giving finals to my students and having to grade them. Then I have to prep for teaching summer classes too.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    YAY! New friends! :)

• SumitRTSumitRT Posts: 3
    Haha, good idea for post engagement.
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also going to watch wonder woman soon ... Does it matter that I'm not really into superhero movies/have only seen antman because they filmed part of it at my uni? Not exactly asking for spoilers, just if it will still make sense?
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 44
    Some of Antman was filmed in Georgia...where I live. Where do you go to uni? San Francisco or Georgia? It would be cool to meet a nerdfighter near where I live.
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
    edited June 16

Some of Antman was filmed in Georgia...where I live. Where do you go to uni? San Francisco or Georgia? It would be cool to meet a nerdfighter near where I live.

No, this is in England :/. The building that is the avengers base at the end of the film is an art museum on campus. I think it might have been in ultron as well, but I haven't seen that one.
    by Vicki
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 44
    Oh, cool. I haven't watched any superhero movies in a really long time, but I knew about Antman (didn't watch it).
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
    WONDER WOMAN IS AWESOMEEEEEEE
    Prince of the Last Ones
    so the Six Flags park near me has already made a wonder woman ride. its just like the swings ride but it goes a lot higher. I was kind of disappointed bc i think all of the other super hero rides are roller coasters. But it's still pretty cool!

Oh yeah I've heard people talking about the Wonder Woman ride. I don't think the one near me has it, though. Actually my grade was supposed to go to six flags on the day for physics students, but we didn't get to go sadly.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    edited June 18
    You get to go to a theme park? For school? ... kids these days :D
    by Vicki

@Vicki I had the same reaction. It's because six flags has a day where the rides are free for physics students I believe
    Mors vincit omnia.
    in 6th grade one of the history teachers took students to Hershey Park if they got an A on their final paper. It wasn't like a school sponsored trip or anything and we still had to pay for our ticket, but i guess it's similar lol

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭
    Hi! I've missed you guys! I went to Canada for a week right after my break started, and I've been travelling around visiting family since then. And I've got summer classes starting Monday. XD Wonder Woman is amazing. And I've gone to theme parks for school field trips before, but it was similar to what @BriRose23 is talking about. It was sort of as a reward, and we all had to pay our own way. It was discounted because of the group size, though.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
    Yay! Welocme back! How was Canada?

MIKEY! I SAW YOU ON JOHN'S SNAPCHAT!!!! ( @gnaist )

It was absolutely amazing! I got to see so many people I hadn't seen since we moved away over two years ago. It was kind of overwhelming but in the best way possible.

Also, @gnaist, YOU WERE ON JOHN'S SNAPCHAT?!?!?!? That's so cool!
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

That's great! And I know what you mean about it being overwhelming but in a good way. I get like that anytime I see more than one friend at a time.

And yes! I had to re-watch it to make sure, but I got a little excited!

"And why did you not immediately download Snapchat to see for yourself, Haley?" you might ask. I don't know, friends. I don't know.

Yeah. Me too. And I was seeing about a hundred at once. So. Intense. It made it even more so because the vast majority of them didn't know I was coming. It took some of them a bit to recognize me, but as word spread, more people would come up. I couldn't hold a single conversation for very long before someone else interrupted it.

I would not have been able to handle that. I probably would have found a nice quiet corner and curled up in a ball.

So, I finally saw wonder woman. It had it's moments, but I don't think it was really my thing.

edited June 26
    @Vicki Aww. Sorry it didn't meet the expectations we set for you.

In related news, the newest issue of The Green Light is going to have Wonder Woman on the cover. Not because of the movie though. That thing took me four hour to make.
    by MontannaPeach

I still have not seen wonder woman but it seems like the hype is starting to die down...

That definitely happened. :D

And your The Green Light cover looks awesome @MontannaPeach!! Yay Wonder Woman!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    @gnaist Awwwww! It could not possibly be a better picture to be in! Thanks for sharing it. ^_^ And thanks for the compliment! That thing took so long to do. I kind of surprised myself by actually not doing a terrible job. It's really easy to impress yourself when you have low expectations. XD The zine for July isn't actually finished yet, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get it done. I'm so busy with school now. :cold_sweat:

@MontannaPeach No worries. I saw it with my sister, and she loved it. Whereas it took me half the movie to realise Steve Trevor isn't Steve Rogers/Captain America :P

The cover looks great, did you draw her?