The Last One to Post Here Wins

1753754755756757759»

Comments

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    @Vicki That's hilarious. Have you seen the SNL opening Chris Pine did about that a few weeks back?

Thanks! Yes, I did! It took a little over four hours on Adobe Illustrator. I'd never drawn a woman, anything below the waist, or even hands before, so it had its challenges. XD But it was so much fun.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,830 Admin
    You're amazing @MontannaPeach!!

I hope everyone is doing well! Summer is busy, but less busy, sometimes different busy, and SUPER HOT! Hope y'all are staying cool!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 25
    @MontannaPeach I wasn't even aware there was a nerdfighter zine, so thanks for leading me to it.
    @gnaist I find myself staying indoors until 6:30 to solve the problem of heat in July.
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    @gnaist @hermionegranger I can't imagine how hot it would be farther south. Even now I do all of my running very early in the morning because that is when it is cooler.
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,560 ✭✭✭
    hello strangers. Or perhaps I'm the stranger? It feels like I've been gone a while...

and yes, this heat has been awful. I have been mostly trapped inside because of it. also the pollen and air quality in my area have not been cooperating. so I am still very pale :(

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    We had the worst of our heat about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was super gross. Admittedly it's the thinnest one I own, but I am wearing a jumper right now because it's gone down to a lovely 14 degrees !!! (Which I think is mid-fifties for you strange americans :p )
    by Vicki
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

@Vicki that weather sounds lovely! My area is still in the mid 90's (mid 30's for those of you who use reasonable measuring scales). I'm very ready for fall weather soon! I know it's going to be a while but if @gnaist has already found christmas trees, then a girl can hope!

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,830 Admin
    I LOVE CHRISTMAS IN JULYYYYY XD
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    Yesterday I boxed up all my christmas decorations for moving house next week ... Summer christmas is the best
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 25
    edited July 13
    We should have an extra Christmas in July, so then the holidays are spread out a little more evenly. (Also, more presents!)
    by hermionegranger
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
    So ... the new doctor! Thoughts!

I'm (I think pleasantly) surprised they've gone for a female doctor, but I know if Stephen Moffat had tried to do that he would have made an awful. I think I'm tentatively optimistic, but seeing as I've never seen her as a major character in anything, or seen anything Chris Chibnall has written, I don't really know.

• MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    My summer is sweltering! I'm in Florida, so it's very uncomfortable at the moment. I'm taking three summer classes right now, which is intense, but also a lot of fun. I'm particularly enjoying my public speaking course. The professor is awesome.

@Vicki
    I'm not really surprised it's a female. They've been preparing the fanbase for it for a while with Matt Smith's Doctor thinking he was a girl right after his regeneration and then the Master becoming a woman. I've seen the actress before, and she is good. The role I saw her in wouldn't be fitting for the Doctor, though, so hopefully she can do more than that. I'm honestly pretty worried. Of course, I'm always worried when a new Doctor comes in. I don't like all the people saying "Finally! I can watch Doctor Who again" though. Like, just because it's a woman doesn't mean it's going to be good. Wait to see how she does first. And I think it takes away from Peter Capaldi's time there. I thought he was really good, and I don't think it's fair for people to ignore what he brought to the show.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
    hi again everyone! new doctor thoughts:

I don't feel particularly entitled to thoughts on the new doctor because I know very little of that world (I'm working on it!). But I do know somethings and I think it's great! I've heard some people say that it was sort of led up to? Again, I have no idea what I'm talking about. But John Barrowman said that the doctor can regenerate into anyone so there's no reason it can't be a woman.