100 days challenge buddies? I'm trying to get healthy too!

I am celebrating a victory today!
I've had a chronic auto-immune condition since I was 11 and it wasn't under control until I was around 18. In 2015 we found a drug regime that actually worked, but was a pretty big risk - BUT IT WORKED! I got my life back! I was even able to eventually come off of the medications, I finished uni, moved away from home and got my first job as an occupational therapist! Woohoo! I achieved some amazing things, but I got a work place injury, and then my employer started trying to make me quit and basically it all fell apart at the beginning of 2016. My disease came back and was worse than ever, I lost a lot of function in both my arms due to the injury and had to move back home because I couldn't dress myself. So it all around sucked health wise. Now I am a bit paranoid about my health.
But I found a good physio near my home town and stuck to them like glue - I got the use of my arms back after a lot of trigger point therapy and pain and did two semesters of physiotherapy led pilates. The pilates is amazing! My insurer will not pay for another semester - why would they? I can now lift a jug of milk and scrub pans and dress myself! And as I am currently out of work I probably can't do it anymore - but I found it amazingly helpful - My fatigue from the drugs is less, my mood improves every day I do it and I am able to figure out what exercises I need to do to loosen up my arms when they are sore.
So at the beginning of my week I wrote out a clinical pilates routine - I am a health professional so I have some idea what I am doing - and looked at it and cried. To do what I was doing in class I had to write a whole page of exercises. It had been a few weeks since my last pilates class so I had pretty much turned into a human slug hybrid in the muscles department.
But I put together an exercise playlist and tried it.
And I Did it! it took me an hour and a half and many breaks but I did it! I was super proud of myself - my family didn't seem to get that it was a big deal to me, but I did it! Today is day 3 of my pilates routine and I already feel so much more healthy and like my well self. I'm aiming to do it five days a week. I'm also considering joining along with the 100 days challenge. Is anyone else in a similar situation and looking for a healthy start? I'm basically looking for a fitness buddy for the 100days challenge who gets it - I'm never going to be able to run a marathon because my knees would turn into big fluid filled soccer balls, but I wanna get healthy! Who else is in the same boat?

Comments

• MissDoomNGloomMissDoomNGloom Posts: 3
    I looked at the video and thought "Well I guess it's about time I do something, huh". 40+ hours a week at the ER and 17 credit hours this semester, perhaps physical activity will help me stay sane. I'll update as I journey with you.

Cheers,
    MDG
  • MissDoomNGloomMissDoomNGloom Posts: 3
    I went ice skating to exercise today. 2 hours of fantastic activity with friends, but slipped getting off the rink and concussed myself. Perhaps not the most beneficial to my health overall.
  • THE_MONGOLSTHE_MONGOLS KING OF EVERYTHING ULANBAATARPosts: 328 ✭✭✭
    HEY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET FIT:

DANCING (TOTALLY NOT A SPORT SO GET OVER IT) IS BETTER FOR YOU THAN JUST GOING TO THE GYM.

THINGS LIKE DANCING, SWIMMING, PLAYING FOOTBALL, RUNNING OUTSIDE ET CETERA WORK MORE DIFFERENT MUSCLES THAN JUST DOING REPS ON A MACHINE.

DON'T GO TO THE GYM ANYMORE. GET OUTSIDE! THE WORLD IS AN AMAZING PLACE - RUN THROUGH IT!
    NOBODY STARTS A LAND WAR IN ASIA AND WINS UNLESS YOU ARE... WAIT FOR IT... THE MONGOLS!
    WE'RE THE EXCEPTION!
    https://twitter.com/TheMongols_