Any NPR listeners?

cassiea521cassiea521 Gainesville, Florida, USAPosts: 18
Hi!

I just wanted to see if there are any avid readers/listeners of NPR and NPR programs? I love the content produced by NPR. My favorite programs are TED Radio Hour and Latino USA.

Comments

• RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    I live in Australia; so all of the NPR shows I listen to are on podcast:

NPR Politics Podcast
    Car Talk
    Ask Me Another
    The Big Listen
    Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me
    The California Report
    Pop Culture Happy Hour
    This American Life
    All Things Considered
    Planet Money
    1A
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • cassiea521cassiea521 Gainesville, Florida, USAPosts: 18
    @Rollo Wow, it's amazing that you listen to all these NPR programs and you live in Australia! I sometimes listen to All Things Considered if I catch it when I turn on the radio. I have heard a couple podcasts of This American Life; my sister listens to it a lot so that's how I listened to it.

How did you get into listening to NPR programs especially since you live in Australia? I'm really curious about that
    In Australia we have two public broadcasters, the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) and SBS (Special Broadcasting Service). Both have nationwide television and radio networks.
    The ABC especially, has bought in stuff from the BBC, DW, NPR, CBC... so I have been listening to things coming from NPR for a long time.

NPR has the NPR One app; which means that you can find all sorts of stuff if you go down enough rabbit holes.

I have a long commute; so I listen to a lot of stuff from everywhere.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

• JembotJembot IdahoPosts: 3
    I was raised on NPR, especially Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me which remains my favorite. I have a soft spot for All Things Considered, Ask Me Another, Hidden Brain and StoryCorps.
    Jembot said:

Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me which remains my favorite.

Doug Berman, "Benevolent Overlord" of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me is the same Doug "the subway fugitive, not a slave to fashion, bongo boy" Berman of Car Talk.

Also, Ask Me Another's house musician Johnathan Coulton is also responsible for the song Still Alive in Portal.

I haven't listened to Car Talk much, but that's interesting, He must be quite a character to warrant such fun nicknames.

That's super cool, I didn't know he did Still Alive.

Peter Sagal did a documentary series about the US constitution, driving around on a American flag motorcycle, it was weird to see him and not just hear his voice.
    @Rollo Ahh okay. That's really cool. I love the NPR One app!! You can really just listen to great stuff and not do anything.

Well at least you are being entertained in your long commute.

@Jembot I need to start listening to Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me. I have heard nothing but good things about the show.

There are so much to listen to and so little time! (I am a big fan of podcasts so I also listen to several other podcasts including Dear Hank and John.)
    It's super funny and informative. What other podcasts do you listen to? I actually haven't listened to dear Hank and John, but I'm a big fan of Welcome to NightVale, and I sometimes listen to Not Too Deep.
    @Jembot One of the podcasts I listen to is Welcome to Nightvale! I love the show because it's weird and I like the format of the show. I didn't know what I was getting into when I first listened to the program, but I really like it now.

You should listen to Dear Hank and John if you have time. It's really funny and insightful. It's basically the videos but in audio form, and the two are together every episode.

I am also a fan of Serial. I recently finished the first season, and Im gonna start the second season soon.

What's Not Too Deep about?