Trunk or Treat ideas...HELP!

I don't know if anyone's familiar with the trunk or treat concept. Basically, it is an event that churches and community groups do to provide kids with a safe alternative to trick or treating. People decorate cars and hand out candy from the trunks. Some of these events also have other things like games, photo booths, or even free donuts and cider for everyone.

My church does one every year (which is awesome because it debunks the myth that Baptists are boring) and last year I signed up at the last minute and quickly came up with a theme based off of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. It was the 50th anniversary of that and I am a bit of a Peanuts fan. And apparently so are a lot of people at my church because two other people did the Great Pumpkin theme and the youth pastor used some things from when we did A Charlie Brown Christmas for a float in our town's Christmas parade and did a Peanuts theme (he and his wife even dressed up as Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty).

Here's a photo of what I came up with. It was rather last minute but it was still rather cute because a lot of kids were reading the speech bubbles on the ghosts and everything. PS. The speech bubbles were quotes from the trick-or-treat scene in the special (and yes, I had a rock next to the Charlie Brown one)

My issue is this: I have no idea what to do this year! My mom did say to me that I should start planning early and I do want to stick with the fun pop culture style themes but I don't know what! I was thinking Minions since Despicable Me 3 comes out this summer (plus I love the Minions) but I don't know how I'd do it and I don't know of any other ideas.

I'm open to suggestions, Nerdfighers.
"There's nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.”--Matthew Perry :D

Don't forget to be awesome <3