Death Note movie on Netflix

cassiea521cassiea521 Gainesville, Florida, USAPosts: 19
Hey everybody! I wanted to discuss Netflix's movie adaptation of the famous anime, Death Note. The full trailer just came out. IF you haven't watched it already, here is the link.

I wanted to discuss it and hear from different people and their opinions on it and hear from fans of the anime. To be honest, I don't know what to think of it. The movie is not out yet, it comes out August 25, but still, people are already commenting on the movie just based off the trailers.

This movie adaptation is made for an American audience because there will be action scenes and it looks like a thriller. The movie is not out yet, so I can't compare the characters of the Netflix movie to its source material, but it looks like the characters in the Netflix movie are not completely loyal to the source material. The Netlfix movie definitely looks interesting and looks well-made.

I will give this movie a chance when it comes out.

What do you think? What are your thoughts on the adaptation and any aspect of it?

Comments

• RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭
    As you said it's not out yet. Apperently there is also another sequel to the original live action adaptation of the anime. People are calling it Death Note 3 but it would actually be the fourth live action Death Note movie though the third one was absolutely terrible and had nothing to do with the Death Note. The only time it appears in the movie is in a flash back were L writes his own name and details how he's going to die.

Anyway this Netflix version I thought was going to be a series not a movie. We already have a live action movie adaptation of the anime and I don't think Netflix can really compete when the sequel to that trilogy is being released at the same time. I much prefer the anime to the movie versions but I don't think Netflix could possibly do better than the original movie.

Death Note 1 was damn near identical to the anime. It's only in the sequels where things really get much different. 2 had a much different ending than the anime but was still good. It's only 3 that I hated. 4 from the trailers is going to focus on N and either a new character who was never in the Anime or tat girl from the Anime who got a Death Note after Light did. If it is her I can already tell one major difference from the anime and that's the fact that Light was still alive when she got her Death Note but both he and L are dead at this point in the movie universe.

Anyway I'm going to watch both the new Netflix version and the Japanese sequel when they come out. Death Note is one of my favorite anime next to Full Metal Alchemist.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!