colors

just wondering. What is your favorite color? and what do some colors mean to you?

Comments

• Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 621 ✭✭✭
    I generally prefer dark colours, dark green, dark blue, wine red, even brown and dark grey. I think dark green and wine red are my favourites. I tend to go for dark green on my everyday clothes, while wine red feels more like a colour for more special occasions.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • AnFaAnFa Hessen, GermanyPosts: 77
    I don't really have a favorite colour. I like most colurs. Maybe I like blue a bit more than other colours... Mostly dark blue, and not a shade that has some purple in it.

I don't like pink. When I was about 6, pink was my absolutely favorite colour, I wanted to only wear pink all day every day, but now I'm sick of it. I think there was a time where I downright hated it, but nowadays I just feel repulsed by it. I think it reminds me of primary school, where I was bullied and didn't have any friends. Every friend I thought I had during that time was actually talking bad about me behind my back and never really acted like an actual friend otherwise. Also it reminds me of gender stereotypes, which I hate. That doesn't make me hate blue though, probably because blue is not as much of a "boy colour" as pink is a "girl colour". Wearing blue is considered a normal thing for everyone while boys, especially when younger, are often made fun of for wearing pink. Also I wasn't personally socially pressured into loving blue when I was little. That might also have a lot to do with it. I don't really like purple either, probably for similar reasons, but purple is not as bad as pink.