Post something good that happened to you today

Comments

• MsSonyfanMsSonyfan IndiaPosts: 544 ✭✭
    Have fun ;)
  • romy16romy16 The Netherlands Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭
    My sister gave me some gift that she bought in London including a mini lego Yoda, a copy of paper town and a new bra from victoria secret :D

edited May 2015
    Hank's new video (quadragocon) made me happy (and also the fact that a few people thought it would have something to do with dragons :P)
    It reminded me of their 1st reunion vid - 11th June Surprise
    by MsSonyfan
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Got married yesterday to the most wonderful guy ever. And we have tons of cake and cookies left over after the coffee afterwards...
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
    OMG congratulations !! Smiley I'm so happy for you Smiley
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 608 ✭✭✭
    @MsSonyfan Thank you! :)
    When a friend does a few little things that makes one happy, and none of one's anxiety issues pops up and instead I'm free to linger in the sense of joy and wonder. Can't really describe it, even. Words are too small.
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    After being sick/injured for all of the past year (sometimes too sick to get out of bed) I've just run a mile in under 15 minutes! I'm super excited to be back to exercising!

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

edited May 2015
    IT'S TIME FOR THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST FIRST SEMI FINAL, GO THE NETHERLANDS :D
    by romy16

The joy of spending hours in the evening with a friend who understands your fears and who can support you in a way that literally leaves you speechless...
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    I FINISHED THIS STUPID PROJECT THAT ONLY LIKE ONE OTHER PERSON IN MY CLASS HAD TO DO AFTER LIKE 3 MONTHS!!!! It was a history project. I hate history. Sorry for the all caps I'm just excited. Also 3 day weekend :)
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

• MindInTheStarsMindInTheStars EnglandPosts: 6
    edited May 2015
    @ZoaThePerson Congrats on completing your project! The satisfaction of something like that is always a cause to celebrate, so yaaay 3 day weekend :D
    by MindInTheStars
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    Thanks @MindInTheStars ! What good thing(s) happened to you today?
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

• MindInTheStarsMindInTheStars EnglandPosts: 6
    @ZoaThePerson Well, it's been a quiet day for me, but I am proud that I held my head high when some random internet trolls appeared and didn't let them bother me so they just went away :) (this is the first time it's happened to me, and fingers crossed the last)
  • PresidentJokoPresidentJoko Seattle, WashingtonPosts: 23
    Really, this past month has been just awesome! We raised a whole bunch of money for the Red Cross on Friday, I got accepted into a whole bunch of activities next year, and so on.

• SmsgbxSmsgbx A galaxy far far awayPosts: 17
    Final exams are over! I am free to do whatever all day.
    Follow @hexagons_and_road_trips on Instagram!
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    I just started an amazing book- "Speaker for the Dead" by Orson Scott Card 
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • turtlemcnuggetsturtlemcnuggets Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    @KGB_the_Russian_Spy Speaker for the Dead is in my top 5 all time favorites, such a good book
    by turtlemcnuggets
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    @turtlemcnuggets I know!  It was amazing from the first sentence!!
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    Oh, and another thing, this didn't happen to me so much as it was something I found out about, but on the Wikipedia Talk page for Agloe, New York, there was THIS:

fyi, whoever Edits this - the Population of agloe Will actually be One until may 29th at Noon.

The above notice, with the same wording but variable capitalization, has been added here roughly once a year since October 2008. I've gathered all the responses to it in this single section. —Tamfang (talk) 01:29, 14 November 2013 (UTC)
    What a difference it can make
    when you've fallen behind the group
    and your friend turns around
    To see where you are

I was so tempted to fall back into my old behaviour, of slowing down and take another route to avoid them instead. Not because I didn't want to go with them, I really wanted to, but because that's how I've always used to do whenever I feel left out from a group: leave them, ignore them, act like it didn't happen. Because it's just too darn hard to admit that it matters when you don't feel a 100% sure that they want you there (I know I have no reason to doubt, but I always do anyway), it's so much easier to pretend that everything's fine and just the way you want it to be. But this friend... He almost made me cry, in the best of ways. To have someone who shows that he cares.
    And yes, I ran and caught up with them. Because he had noted my absence and cared about it. And that was all it took for me to dare.
  • TurquoiseBlueTurquoiseBlue Posts: 89
    @Gara_the_engineer I definitely agree with you on that! It's always so nice to know that someone cares like that, but unfortunately it doesn't always happen. I also really love the way you wrote it! "What a difference it can make / when you've fallen behind the group / and your friend turns around / To see where you are"
    "I’m scared of everything. And I’m crazy. Like maybe you think I’m a little crazy, but I only ever let people see the tip of my crazy iceberg. Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and socially inept, I’m a complete disaster." Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
    I went to the Rijksmuseum and it was amazing and very busy

Thank you, @TurquoiseBlue ! :) I wrote it that way because in my head, there was definitely a pause before the last line. I felt that pause when it happened, like a short but infinite moment when he turned his head around to look for me. And so it felt like the right way to write it without making it weird. Probably uninteresting info, though :P
    Have had a wonderful friend visiting the last few days. I was scared that I'd feel really sad now when he have left, but the good bye-hug and his positive answer to my comment that he's very welcome to visit again gave me a warm fluffy feeling inside that's stronger than the sadness of missing him. And at least right now, I'm more looking forward to see him again whenever we may have the possibility than I'm sad that he isn't here.
  • KingssiKingssi Posts: 1
    I picked up a hitchhiker today and she turned out to be a lovely girl. That was my first time picking someone up and it was awesome
  • VoyagerSTVoyagerST Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I got to hang all my posters and pictures back up next to my bed after repainting it, and, while this is not strictly today, I am excited about starting an online, college-level Java programing course.
    That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering [...] every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our speicies lived there - on a mote or dust suspended in a sunbeam. -Carl Sagan
  • Hung out with a friend, had a few drinks and watched some live music by the sea :D
  • undumbblondeundumbblonde CanadaPosts: 555 ✭✭✭
    I finished my summer coop work term and while it was a spectacular experience, I am SO PUMPED to sleep in again next week before school starts up again :D
    I finaly graduated :D