the person above me, below me, and i

Comments

• RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭
    ^ It's night time so no. I should be sleepy but considering my night/day cycle is reversed I'm generally not.

> I literally just got out of the shower and started my laundry... and then I went and spilled yogurt on my last clean pair of pants. Seriously? At least they're black like all my pants so I don't think anyone can really tell but that's just horrible timing.

v What's the dumbest thing you've done recently?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 393
    Tried to open a door on the wrong side recently...

I don't like dark chocolate, but white chocolate is the best!

what's the third most attractive thing about someone?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • TrishaTrisha Posts: 298
    ^smile
    >I am very tensed and confused right now.
    v What are you tensed about right now?
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 393
    edited May 2016
    The dog is barking, my sister who stole my room for the 5 and a 1/2 weeks while she visits has a baby and it woke me up 3 hours early and I can't get back to sleep, and this spare bed is uncomfortable, and nobody will get their PIZZZAA oven timer, I'm just trying to rest :s

I've decided I hate babies and am adopting a teenager at best.

How did any baby survive?!?! They constantly cry and are safety challenged at best, I don't understand how a baby wouldn't get it's family or itself killed or disadvantaged a lot at least.
    by the_one_on_the_left
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ To be honest I really don't know. Not because of the crying thing but because people are such a-holes and babies can't defend themselves so I don't know why there isn't more baby murder with all these a-holes running around.

> "IT" did not wake you up three hours early because your sister's baby is not an "IT". He or she is a tiny little person not an inanimate object. It annoys me when people refer to babies or children like they're not even human.

v How would you like it if I called you an "IT", why don't you use the proper pronouns?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    ^ To be honest I really don't know. Not because of the crying thing but because people are such a-holes and babies can't defend themselves so I don't know why there isn't more baby murder with all these a-holes running around.

> "IT" did not wake you up three hours early because your sister's baby is not an "IT". He or she is a tiny little person not an inanimate object. It annoys me when people refer to babies or children like they're not even human.

v How would you like it if I called you an "IT", why don't you use the proper pronouns?
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    ^ ...I don't think anyone knows what a baby's preferred pronouns are at this point given that he/she/they can't even talk. I mean, it's not an inanimate object, but it's not like we know what gender identity the baby has yet, only their biological sex.

> I've just gotten obsessed with Steven Universe. It's just- why is it so adorable and fantastic?!

v What's your stance on standardized testing? Do you see it as a waste of time or something useful?
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    ^ It could be useful in some instances but in terms of how it's actually being used, I don't think they're using it in a way that would make it useful.

> Proper pronouns have nothing to do with sexual identity when you're talking about someone who like you said, isn't old enough to have one yet. The proper pronouns are always based on biological sex until the individual says otherwise. And if you don't know the sex because the baby hasn't been born yet, the proper pronouns are hu, hum, or hus which means human. There are other gender neutral pronouns but I like these because they're based on the word human and are easy to remember. You never refer to someone as an "IT".

v Does anyone besides me think that home work should be abolished? Like I've seen a lot of kids I use to work with doing home work in the summer while they're suppose to be on vacation. Kids don't really have time to be kids when they're constantly spending every waking moment doing school work.
    Tough question, the answer in part at least is that homework should be assigned but it should be more information based, not necessarily more gruelling work. Math homework you don't know how to do is useless, math homework you can do easily is also useless, only for people that need more practice is it useful. If it was something like a lesson primer for the next class it would be more useful to everyone.

My dog, a golden retriever, is 10 years old.
    And I refer to it as an "it" because it dehumanizes the little devil and I take some small comfort in that

Want a tomato?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ Not really... It's not that I don't like tomatoes, it's just that I don't really want one right now and it doesn't really make sense to offer me one over the internet... too messy to send threw a computer... also we can't send food threw the computer...

> Well technically dogs aren't humans... but we usually just call them dogs in place of a gender pronoun. And while they're not objects, unlike people, we can actually own them so I really don't care quite as much...

v After I saw the original Willy Wonka when I was a kid, when I saw something on T.V. I really wanted, I tried to reach in to grab it like it was Wonka vision. Anyone else ever just want to reach into your T.V. or computer to grab things as if they were real? (News Paper and Magazine adds too if anyone still gets those.)
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    ^ I can't remember wanting to or trying to do that...

> I think that @the_one_on_the_left 's comment was two separate points, though I could be wrong.

v Are you/do you think you could ever go vegetarian? Why or why not?
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    ^ I am not a vegetarian. However I prefer to remain in a state of blissful ignorance when it comes to food. I'd starve to death if I think too much about where food actually comes from. Even plants can be gross if you really think about it. There are often bugs in there you don't even know about, animals have most likely gone to the bathroom on them, the only part about being vegetarian that's any better from meat is that plants don't feel pain so you don't have to feel guilty about eating them. But it's still gross. Everything is disgusting if you know too much about where it comes from.

> When I was a kid I saw fish packaged in the super market whole. It's the only animal I've ever seen packaged that way and I looked directly into it's cold dead eyes. That's the first time I realized food came from animals... and I was traumatized. I have never and will never eat any sea food because it's the only meat products that are sold and prepared in a way that prevents me from remaining ignorant about where it comes from. Steak, yeah I know it comes from cows, but I can't clearly see what part of a cow. Same thing with bacon, it doesn't look like an animal so even though logically I know where it comes from, as long as I can't see it, it doesn't bother me.

v For some reason, I don't know if they still teach this or not but back then we were taught that fish were not meat which never made sense to me. Anything that comes from animals is meat, fish are animals, there for fish is meat. It's not a plant there for it's meat. Why did schools back in the 90's insist that fish isn't meat?
    ^ In medieval times barnacles were a type of bird so I think that improper food categorization has been a universal problem for humanity

> I'm finally done standardized testing at school! :)

v One irrational fear you have?
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,887 ✭✭✭
    ^ Swimming.

> I also don't much like the beach either. It is a horrid place where you get sunburnt and then stung by a godzillion grains of sand on the wind.

v What is the best place that you have ever been, starting with the letter H?
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
    Hundred mile house, everything is lovely when it's covered in snow.

I've opted for suicide in the event of a zombie (or some such) apocalypse

Is it just me or would a zombie apocalypse not be as deadly as people think it would be? provided its the walking dead speed and not world war z or left4dead super human running speed
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ As long as the number of people who are turned is small enough. Also as long as they're not able to get through doors and have no fine motor skills

> Zombies don't really seem like the type that would be able to use doorknobs

v Do you ever have trouble coming up with questions for this game?
    ^ Yes, all the time!

> I also agree with the zombie discussion. Unless you find yourself surrounded by them or up against a wall, in most situations, you don't even really need to run from them. Those slow zombies aren't really scary when you can just walk away from them.

v Does anyone besides me think that Chucky was never really scary because he's just a doll? I find a lot of people are terrified of the Child's Play movies but those were the only horror movies that never scared me, even as a kid.
    No. You are alone in that regard.

I hate horror movies to this day.

why are people so loud? :'(
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,887 ✭✭✭
    ^Because Jennifer Lopez told them to.

>Then again as someone who was born in the interregnum period AJ and BH (After John; Before Hank), I don't much like loud noises or music either.

V Am I being overly paranoid and sensitive because I refuse to sit next to any member of the female sex, on public transport?
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
    ^ Yes

> My personal opinion of the whole bathroom debate is that I don't really care if you're a man, a woman, or a transgender, I hate public restroom stalls. Anyone who wants to watch me poop is going to creep me out. That's gross, if you're into that sort of thing do it with someone that's willing to let you, but I don't want to be in a restroom and find someone standing on the toilet in the stall next to me trying to spy on my private time again... Yes I said again because that has already happened to me. A lot of places already have private restrooms and I think every restroom and changing area should be a private unisex space rather than these public spaces separated by gender. That would solve the problem of do you use the restroom of your birth gender or the gender you identify with because it won't matter. Restrooms should all be unisex.

v Why do so many people have this stupid idea that undressing in front of your own gender is some how inherently safer than undressing in front of the opposite gender?
    edited May 2016
    ^ Over 90% of the population is straight, so it's a matter of being afraid of being checked out by 90% of the people around you versus 10%.

> It's a transgender person, not just "a transgender," also transgender in itself isn't a gender identity. There's male, including trans men, female, including trans women, and nonbinary.

v Why is it so hard to sing the Star Spangled Banner? And also why is it the U.S. national anthem if it's so hard to sing?
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    edited May 2016
    ^ Personally I don't sing. Although Benjamin Todd seems to communicate ONLY in song which I find embarrassing. So I don't really think it's any more complicated than any other song... except who let the dogs out because that song is literally just who the let the dogs out, who who, repeated over and over again.

> Being a straight man, I don't worry about the 90% of straight women who wish to check me out. I would if I had a girlfriend because I don't think she'd like other women checking me out but being single, any woman can do whatever she wants with me. It's the 10% of gay men I worry about. As long as it's two consenting adults I don't care if a man is gay or not. It's only when that man is watching me undress without my consent that I actually care about the fact he's gay. And actually it's not even the openly gay guys I worry about because I know I don't want to undress in front of them, it's the ones who are still in the closet secretly wanting to check me out that I worry about. So yeah, I still don't understand why people are more comfortable undressing in front of their own gender than the opposite gender.

v Does anyone else think that the reason people are more comfortable undressing in front of their own gender than the opposite gender is because even though they claim to be gay hating straight people what they really are is gay people in denial about their own sexuality? In other words I don't think it's actually 90% straight and 10% gay. There's just 80% of gay people who claim to be straight because they're too afraid to come out of the closet. Maybe the 10% of straight people who don't hate gays for no reason are the only people who are actually straight.
    by RialVestro
    ^ It's definitely a possibility that there are more gay people than just the ones who come out at some point during their lives. For example, in the District of Columbia and Hawaii, which are both pretty accepting of gay rights, the percentage of the population that's LGBT is 10.0% and 5.1% respectively, meanwhile, in Mississippi, which has one of the worst track records for gay rights, only 2.6% of the population identifies as LGBT+, and in North Dakota it's only 1.7%. So I definitely think that a gay person who's been conditioned all their life to believe homosexuality is horrible and immoral would never realize that they're not exactly straight and instead try to repress those feelings, and even if he or she did figure it out, they certainly wouldn't tell anyone.

> Honestly, I can't see why anyone would want to check someone out in a locker room or other public place. It's just creepy.

v Why do people who are against trans people using the restroom they identify with always base their arguments around trans women and never/almost never around trans men?
    ^ Double Standards. It's the same reason why the topic of rape is almost always a man on woman crime. With boys we grow up being made to believe that being a virgin is a bad thing. Think about it, even in media we have movies like the 40 year old virgin that make men feel bad for not sleeping with tons of women. Meanwhile the double standard teaches girls that having sex is a bad thing so they end up not doing it even when they really want to. Girls are called sluts and whores when they have sex too easily but boys are praised for the same thing.

> It's because of the above mentioned double standard that I made the mistake of sleeping with the first girl that showed any interest in me when I was 23. Not because I really liked her though I believed at the time that I did, but really I just didn't want to be made fun of for being a virgin anymore. I think my life would be a little bit easier if we didn't have these double standards. I might still be a virgin but without the pressure to lose it I don't think I would care as much. Obviously it's still going to be a factor in having a relationship but it's kind of sad I had to make that mistake before I realized it's not the ONLY thing that matters.

v Why does anyone care so much weather or not other people are virgins, how is that even any of their business anyway? (Unless you're sleeping together in which case they should know if you have any STDs but in any other situation why do people care about the status of their virginity?)
    Tradition, history, views on 'purity', literally once in a lifetime event, sacrifices to our dragon overlord for another year of safety, and it's really not their business most of the time.

I'm a bit sadistic (bdsm fun only which is perfectly healthy) and it's enjoyable, gives me a wonderfully interesting perspective on things and people.

If you have an interesting preference and don't mind sharing, what is it? If that's understandably too much for you then alternatively you can answer: trump?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ I don't really feel comfortable talking about my preferences in the bedroom... especially on a forum where the majority of it's members are far too young for me... That's something I only discuss with the person I'm actually having sex with... which right now is no one. So to answer the alternate question... HELL NO! Not just no, but HELL NO! If Trump gets elected I renounce my citizenship to this country and demand to be deported to England.

> Trump says make America great again but in reality he is the living embodiment of everything that is wrong with America in the first place. The guy is a bigot who wants to go back to the way things were when only rich white male land owners had any rights. Ironically a lot of his supporters are living off government programs Trump want's to stop funding and those people are barely getting by with the help, without it, they'll be living on the streets. Having someone I care about with disabilities, his family is one of those at risk if Trump gets his way. I don't really like Hillary either but I feel like she's the lesser of two evils in this situation. Honestly I'd love to see the first woman president get elected, I just wish we had a different female candidate. I don't think someone who's married to a former president should even be eligible to become the next president. There's a conflict of interest there. Couples tend to talk and make decisions together... not always but that's always a possibility so it's kinda like she's already served two terms. This is basically just a way to cheat the system and get Bill back into the White House. Their time is done, no more Clintons. That being said, I do agree with Hilary's plan to make the rich pay more taxes. I kinda wish she was also cutting taxes for the middle class but at least they won't be going up... unless you're Trump.

v Why are people actually supporting Trump? Don't they realize that Trump is quite possibly worse than Nixon? (Nixon being the only president to actually be impeached from office. Though Bill Clinton was a close second that one never happened.)
    They hate Hillary more, honestly that's why my friend in the state's mother is voting for him. Personally me and my friends are hoping he gets elected because we predict assassination or impeachment or various health related issues and then you guys can have a new election.

I have two dogs and my sister has a dog and my other sister has a dog and my other sister has a dog and a baby and my other sister has a dog and a cat and a fish. I'm very happy we don't all live in the same house.

Why is "the land of the free" with one of the most diverse cultures and heritages one of the most discriminatory democracies?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ I've been asking the same question for years. Still don't know the answer to that one.

> I started this thread a while ago but it kind of died off and now I have to share this link to try to revive it so I can get a million dollars. http://nerdfighteria.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/363478#Comment_363478

v Did you check out my link before you replies, will you check it out after replying, or are you not even going to click on it?
  • FizzywaffleFizzywaffle Gainesville FLPosts: 132
    ^ I just went to that thread

> I just went to that thread

v what is that thread?

"We can never be certain"-Me

^ A Million Dollars But...

> I wish the money was real, I could really use it. I'd probably spend about $20,000 on myself and give the rest to charity.

v Do you know you're suppose to say something random about yourself on the middle > part not answer the question from the last post twice?