the person above me, below me, and i

1323334353638»

Comments

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 393
    Ya!

I believe that more specifically the middle line is a line for personal use which could be appropriated for such tasks but is recommended for talking about yourself. Because I added "I believe" to the beginning of this shpeal it's okay even if you disagree with me!

Trick question time! The previous statment is false
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    ^ That wasn't a question.

> I'm really excited for the American Gods adaptation. It's one of my favorite books, and I'm sure the TV show will be jut as amazing.

v Your thoughts on Brexit??
    by KGB_the_Russian_Spy
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 393
    edited June 2016
    I know rather little about the politics surrounding it but it sounds like a rather bad idea to me.

There's an American gods adaptation? Cool, I honestly didn't like the book when I read it, but that was when I wasn't quite old enough to truly understand and appreciate it. Upon reflection it was probably a great book.
    As for something else about myself, I like incredibly sugary lemonade

I love epic fantasy and hard sci fi books, what about you?
    by the_one_on_the_left
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • KGB_the_Russian_SpyKGB_the_Russian_Spy The Actually Rather Divided States of AmericaPosts: 3,668 ✭✭✭
    ^ One of my favorite genres.

> I tried French Pocky! It's pretty good.

v Favorite book you've read this year?
    "Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"  ~Neil Gaiman
    peter and the starcatchers. as well as the next two books in the series, but the first was the best I think.

I don't like people who say "sex is an unimportant part of a relationship" and expects everybody to subscribe to that worldview or else they're a shallow and generally bad person. Now I have no problem if this is true for yourself, it's only when people try and force it upon everyone. Personally I'd be extremely dissatisfied without such elements (been there done that life genuinely sucked), but I understand not everyone is the same way.

Ever wondered what it would be like to jump off a cliff and die?
    (Not in a suicidal way, just genuine curiosity about the unknown)
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • PeanutCatPeanutCat Orlando, FLPosts: 5
    Yes, I wonder if the falling sensation would be pure fear or if that fear would melt into some other emotion (a calmness, maybe.) However, I mostly wonder if that is dependent on the length of the fall.

I have just recently realized that i spent my entire first year of public school(as a high school junior) suppressing my nerdiness for petrifying fear of being mocked or ridiculed or crushed. Even with all of my efforts, those things still happened a little bit. But, I beleive that the pain from that didn't stem from them but stemmed from me trying to make myself someone i simply cannot be and inserting myself into groups of people I shouldn't have. Hank and John and this comminity have inspired me to accept my nerdy awesome and not hide it. SO I will no longer being suppressing the nerd.

What was the best dream you've ever had?
    A hug. A pure, simple, love filled, hug with someone I cared about. (They live across the world so such a hug isn't realistic).

70% or being very physically attractive for me is not being too out of shape and the other 30% is being not ugly

What's something you like (physically) in a person?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭
    ^ Being a real woman... and by that I mean natural everything. None of this fake cosmetic crap that the media tries to make women think they need to look attractive. Women who refuse to leave the house without make up, breast implants, fake nails, hair extensions, and all those other "beauty" products I think make women look ugly. Plus having actually worn make up before, I hate the taste of lip stick, I don't want to kiss anyone who's wearing that crap. And I hate eye liner just because of how hard it was to wash it off my face. If you want to wear it every once in a while for special occasions or whatever I don't mind it that much but generally I want to see your real face. Also as someone who suffers from constant pain I don't like things that cause physical harm even if for you it's only temporary pain, it still bothers me to the point where I can't be attracted to someone with body modifications... This includes tattoos and piercings. (Except ear rings because they're so common I don't think there is anyone my age that doesn't have them. But I do ask that you don't mess with them in front of me.)

> I also have an odd attraction to oddly colored eyes I can't really explain. My last girlfriend her eyes seemed to change color depending on the light which is really weird. I also once met a girl who had heterochromia which if you don't know is when each eye is a different color. It's rare in humans but very common in cats. To make this even more odd, I'm color blind so most people who have this I can't even tell that they have it. I found a list of celebrities who have this but only one of them actually has it to where I can see they are different colors. Having said this it's not really necessary for a girl to have weird eyes... it's just a bonus.

v What's something you find attractive that isn't a physical feature?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    I'm going to avoid the usual list such as intelligence etc. I find meekness very attractive, especially when that person is meek to placate me. Because my sleep and eating habits are terrible +teenage hormones, I can get moody af without realizing it and when someone is meek to calm me down it is the most lovable thing. (That and I'm highly dominant so it's nice in the day to day).

I have no idea who my father is and I don't think my mother does either, at any rate I've asked once or twice and she always avoids it. I get the feeling I was a drunk one night stand with a stranger from celebrating/breaking down after divorcing my four sister's father. I don't really care though. I do know he was definitely a white guy XD. I don't tan, I burn...

What's your natural speaking pitch?
    Personally I'm bass/low/deep
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ When I hit puberty my voice never actually changed like most kids do around that time. That is to say my natural speaking pitch is still the same as it was when I was a little kid. Rather than changing my tone it changed my vocal range. I was able to mimic any voice almost perfectly but now I'm more limited in what I can actually do. Due to the fact that I naturally sound like a kid and hate the sound of my own voice, I actively speak in a lower tone to compensate. I can't go too low because it hurts my throat to do that on a regular basis but I try to speak as low as I comfortably can. So basically I never actually use my natural speaking tone. As someone that's always wanted to be a voice actor, losing half my vocal range is one of the worst things that ever happened to me.

> I could literally say that the world is my stage. I hide my real voice, I hide my pain, and though not intentional, most people still think I'm someone else entirely. So it's kind of like I'm playing a character... and occasionally break the 4th wall to remind you I don't really exist.

v Were you expecting such a simple question to lead to such a complex answer?
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • DieWithDustinDieWithDustin Fort Nelson, BCPosts: 16
    ^ Nope

> I'm from way up north and its cold...

v how do you get the downwards arrow?
    ^ I'm guessing you figured it out cause you just did it.

> I just got my first and probably only Japanese exclusive Transformer. They're usually more than I could afford. I only managed to get this one because I was willing to get one that was incomplete. (It's missing stickers and accessories.)

v What's the most expensive thing you own?
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    ^ Mazda 2 (I assume you mean tangible thing).

> And because I live in Sydney, I'm part of the first generation of people where buying your own home is no longer a viable option.

V What is the coolest thing you could find if you got off the train or bus, three stops away?

"I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
    ^ That is the hardest question I have ever had to answer in this thread because I can't remember off hand where I would even end up and need to grab my bus schedule to look it up. It's also going to have a longest answer I've ever given in this thread because I think it's far more complicated than you really intended it to be.

First off since you mentioned train, the only train around here is the one in rail town which was used in Back to the Future 3. That train station isn't really used for transportation anymore. Because of the lack of funding the tracks have gone into disrepair and as such the train can only go a few feet in one direction and back again for a quick little tourist ride. They use to take people on longer rides before the Governator of California cut the funding for all our state parks.

Secondly if I leave from my house I'd end up in Courthouse Park. Being that it's December it's quite possible I could find Santa's Workshop set up there cause there's usually a portable set up in that park around this time of year.

Finally if I leave from my ex's house I'd end up in a place that I've never really spent time in despite the fact I've lived in this same area all my life. I'm not sure what I would find interesting there. I drive by there a lot but never really paid much attention to what's there. I kind of want to try this some time.

> I just realized something very odd about my family. We visit my grandparents once a year and they live 200 miles away from us but I have an aunt and uncle who live closer yet there seems to be fourteen years between visits with them. Seriously the last time I saw my mom's siblings was at my great grandmother's funeral in 2004. Before that I hadn't seen them since I was four. My uncle Carl isn't local, I really don't know where he lives so he might be even farther away than my grandparents. Lori moved to Florida for a while but recently came back and I still haven't seen her since she's been back in town. Eddie has been local all my life and yet I almost never see him. I usually tend to forget what he even looks like and then don't recognize him whenever I do see him.

I usually think my mom's side of the family is pretty normal compared to my dad's messed up family but realizing this I think makes them about even.

v What's the most messed up thing about your family? (As in a weird odd kind of messed up not a violent emotionally damaging kind of messed up.)
    ^ Hmm, my grandfather committed some horrible crime and I'm the only one unaware of what it was. I know it was horrible enough for him to go from well off and making good money as a construction person of some kind, to dirt poor pastor.

> My best friend told me I'm one of the worst people he knows, but he still enjoys my company the best.

v Do you prefer outdoor or indoor activities?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
  • MeroviusMerovius Zürich, SwitzerlandPosts: 23
    ^ I usually have more fun outdoors, but not enough to incentivize me to go outside, so… indoors?

> I "quit school" in tenth grade for ~2 weeks, until they called my mother. We had a huge fight, in which I persevered in insisting that I want to become a writer. The next day I went to go look for a job to pay rent, but the prospect of looking for a job and actually work was so dreadful, that I instead went back to school then and there. My life changed that day, when I decided, that I *want* to go to school :)

v What is the most interesting place you ever traveled to?
    I guess Disneyworld is what most people would pick in my position, but honestly it's not very interesting to me. It is exactly as you'd think of it. Great, but not super surprising. I think I'd have to go with a local hike. It's a brutal hike if you're a beginner, but the view is like a compilation of amazing mountain views all rolled into one.

Now that I think about it, my grandpa was not a reasonable person for making me go on this hike at the age I did the first time. Downright irresponsible and mean. Jesus that hike was far too hard for anyone but the 1% of super fit kids at that age. I have no idea how i managed to do it, crazy

Anything you look back on in your childhood that makes you pull a completely dumbfounded face?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!
    ^ Yes, all of it... I'd rather not go into details... Basically it's why I'm in so much pain as an adult.

> I'm turning 31 in four days...

v Can I turn 29 again instead and continue to go backwards until all the physical damage has been reversed but keep the adult intelligence so I can avoid making the same mistakes the second time around?

Sure, but first you have to go forwards far enough to invent a device capable of doing so.

For someone who supposedly has his own room I've slept on a couch for a surprisingly large number of days because as the youngest I'm always kicked out of my room when someone visits for more than a day.

What's one of your hobbies?
    42*10^42^42.  NUMBERS!