Coldplay

LunaticLOVEgoodLunaticLOVEgood Posts: 76 ✭✭
I didn't find another thread about them so: Any Coldplay fans out there?

My favorite album is Viva la Vida and my favorite song is Strawberry Swinging but I also love Speed of Sound which is the first song I liked with them.

What do you think?

Comments

• I'm a Coldplayer. Completely.
    My favorite album is X and Y and my favorite song is White Shadows, but I like ALL of their music. All of it. 

It's nice to see another coldplay fan on here :)
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes DING when there's stuff." -The Tenth Doctor
  • KO_The_DJKO_The_DJ Posts: 18
    Between X and Y and Mylo Xyloto for favourite album. Heard X and Y a lot because my Uncle had it in his car but the first ever Coldplay songs I heard were clocks and yellow. Can't remember exactly when though.
    I dream of one day creating a vlogbrothers inspired Pizza that has......NO EDGE!
  • UdaPrudaUdaPruda Posts: 4
    I guess I'm just going to make my mark here (and bump the thread and hope for more coldplayers).

My fav album is Viva la Vida, without doubt.
  • SeaSwallowedSeaSwallowed Posts: 75 ✭✭
    I'm a total Coldplay fan! Somehow I never made it to this thread before...

Viva la Vida is my favorite album.  I have a lot of favorite songs, but I'm going to go with Swallowed in the Sea because that's where my username comes from.
  • tofallandtorisetofallandtorise Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Love Coldplay! Especially Rush of Blood to the Head and Viva La Vida. I saw them in concert recently...wow......it was.....just.....I can't even.....
    For every human being who looks up at the moon in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever mankind.

• ConnorColmanConnorColman Posts: 1
    I love coldplay, I saw them live last year on their Mylo Xyloto tour and they were freaking amazing! My favourite album is probably Rush of Blood to the Head.
  • JustLoveLoveJustLoveLove Posts: 11
    Viva la Vida is by far my favorite in terms of both the individual songs and cohesion of the album as a whole. Favorite song though... "Life in Technicolor II", hands down. 
  • wrenabirdwrenabird Posts: 5
    I grew up with coldplay so I just love them. I can't pick a favorite album but favorite songs from each are Yellow, Clocks, Speed of Sound, Violet Hill, & Princess of China. Initially I thought it was so strange for Rihanna would do a duet with them but it's really grown on me.
  • GoingtothebeatGoingtothebeat Posts: 17
    Coldplay fan since Yellow. I guess my favourite album is probably Viva La Vida, but my favourite song is The Scientist

I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted.
  • My favorite album is Viva la Vida, no contest.

My favorite song is harder to pinpoint though. I'm really fond of Life in Technicolor ii, Paradise, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, White Shadows, Cemeteries of London, and Clocks.
  • Nickvk4Nickvk4 Posts: 12
    edited July 2013
    Coldplay is one of my favorite bands out there. Seen them live twice. Favorite album is definitely "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends", favorite song is somewhat more difficult.......but I'd probably say "The Scientist", followed by "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" and "Life in Technicolor" (yeah, the instrumental one).
    by Nickvk4
  • halogenhedgehoghalogenhedgehog Posts: 3
    My favorite album is Parachutes, but Viva la Vida comes very close...
    My favorite song is either the Scientist or Everything's Not Lost.
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to a lot of Coldplay, but Viva la Vida is one of my favorite songs.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • YeahIdontknowYeahIdontknow The NetherlandsPosts: 694 ✭✭
    Thought I'd start this thread up again, as Ghost Stories has just come out.

What do you guys think of the album? Do you like it more or less than MX, what do you think about the touring decisions, what's your favourite song on it, anything you can think about!

I personally really like the album. It's in my opinion a great mix of older and newer Coldplay, with also really its own sound and feel to it. It's definitely not my favourite album (nothing can top X&Y for me), but I like it a lot better than MX.

Anyway, what do you think?
    900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important.
  • jupiterrocks24jupiterrocks24 Amestris, of course!Posts: 26
    Eh, I think it's an improvement, but it still doesn't have that old Coldplay feel that old albums used to have, where they'd reinvent themselves to keep it fresh but it was still... Coldplay. I strongly dislike MX for being Coldplay's descent into normal pop melodies I don't want to concern myself with it.

But, of course, I'm going to be hipster and say my favorite album is Parachutes and my favorite song is We Never Change.

I've grown up a Coldplay fan. I can still remember being a three year old delighted by Clocks and Yellow coming on the radio; Clocks was rather new at the time.

"Now I see. You're jealous. You're jealous of humans aren't you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you're envious of that."

~Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

• YeahIdontknowYeahIdontknow The NetherlandsPosts: 694 ✭✭
    I've grown up a Coldplay fan. I can still remember being a three year old delighted by Clocks and Yellow coming on the radio; Clocks was rather new at the time.
    I wish I'd grown up a Coldplay fan, maybe my taste of music wouldn't shift every few weeks if I had.

Even though my favourite album is X&Y, my favourite song is Spies and Parachutes is my second favourite album. I get where you're coming from with MX, I feel the same way. There are really few songs on that album that I actually like and I'm (surprisingly) upset about Moving to Mars not being on it.
    900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important.
  • cazortcazort Jenkintown, PAPosts: 194 ✭✭✭
    I've never been a huge Coldplay fan but the group got my attention with the song Clocks.  It seemed different, catchy, and very beautiful.  I also had a friend who was a huge Coldplay fan.  I think the two of those things made me pay a little more attention to that group.

A lot of their music sounds sad to me, which I think is why I don't listen to it a whole lot.  It has a rich texture, sort of like a subdued version of an "epic" quality to music.  It can be very beautiful though.  Like so many of their songs sound like the soundtrack to a very sad movie.  For some reason their music invokes in me a feeling of past memories, happy times that are in the past, so it is a sort of bittersweet feeling that I have to be in the right mindset to want to experience...it's like I need to feel secure with where I am now to want to explore those feelings.
    Find me on: YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Cazort.net (my website) | Wizzley
  • Mafe15239Mafe15239 PerúPosts: 27
    cazort said:
    I've never been a huge Coldplay fan but the group got my attention with the song Clocks.  It seemed different, catchy, and very beautiful.  I also had a friend who was a huge Coldplay fan.  I think the two of those things made me pay a little more attention to that group.

A lot of their music sounds sad to me, which I think is why I don't listen to it a whole lot.  It has a rich texture, sort of like a subdued version of an "epic" quality to music.  It can be very beautiful though.  Like so many of their songs sound like the soundtrack to a very sad movie.  For some reason their music invokes in me a feeling of past memories, happy times that are in the past, so it is a sort of bittersweet feeling that I have to be in the right mindset to want to experience...it's like I need to feel secure with where I am now to want to explore those feelings.

I think the same as you. I mean, I like Coldplay and I love the sound of piano on their songs but everytime I hear them I feel a sense of nostalgy.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 599 ✭✭✭
    I like their early work. *Cringes at self*
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz