Carnegie Hall

Anyone planning on going to see John, Hank and the Mountain Goats? 

http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2013/1/15/0700/PM/John-and-Hank-Green-An-Evening-of-Awesome/
Oh, now what's this, then? I love this. A big, flashy-lighty thing. That's what brought me here. Big, flashy-lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually, but give me time... and a crayon.
--The Doctor

Comments

• CatherineCatherine Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    Tickets purchased! I'm so psyched!
  • someday42someday42 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    Me too :)
    Oh, now what's this, then? I love this. A big, flashy-lighty thing. That's what brought me here. Big, flashy-lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually, but give me time... and a crayon.
    --The Doctor
  • NowWeAreAllTomNowWeAreAllTom Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I'm currently leaning towards going! Not 100% sure yet.
    Sig nature.

I am on a weekly podcast about the Harry Potter books. It is good and you would like it.
  • edwardedward Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Sorry, but it has to be said: how incredibly awesome is this?
  • isabelraeisabelrae Posts: 67
    I don't think I'll be able to go, since it would involve $200 in flights and missing two days of school. If it was a weekend, I could probably get a drive, and then it would be a lot more affordable, so I'm sad it's not :(
    "When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books"
  • imarielleimarielle Posts: 356 Mod
    @isabelrae I agree!  I wish it was a weekend too! It's only going to cost me lie $28 to get there and buy the ticket but it's 8.5 hours of sitting on a bus round trip and I really can't miss class =( I'm considering it though, I just wish I knew what classes I'd be missing but I don't have next semester's schedule yet because some of my professors don't record their lectures so if you're not there you're screwed!
    Let's be friends!  Message me if you need anything!
  • CatherineCatherine Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I'm still on winter break then! I live in MA, and go to school in CT so if I had school it'd be iffy.
  • amandafinlawamandafinlaw Posts: 49
    I'm going! I'm probably taking the train up, as I live in South Jersey (closer to Delaware than anything) and it's kind of difficult to drive to NY.  I'm so excited though! This will be my first time seeing John and Hank. I'm going to have to miss the first day of my second class on Tuesday, but it's with a professor I've had two times already, and he should be okay with it. My tickets are in row S of the first seating area.
  • inquisitioninquisition Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Gaaaaaah. >____< I want to go desperately but I have no way to get there. Also, you know, no money.
    But! I think there's going to be a livestream, so I can be there virtually. :)
    "The atoms that make up the universe are formed inside of stars. Nothing really dies. Everything is transformed."

NOBODY expects the reference!
    (Ahahaha yes they do. >____>)
  • tali_dancestali_dances Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    California. Darn California. Why you so far away from Carnegie Hall?
  • HowWeGotAntsHowWeGotAnts Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I'm going! I'm probably taking the train up, as I live in South Jersey (closer to Delaware than anything) and it's kind of difficult to drive to NY.  I'm so excited though! This will be my first time seeing John and Hank. I'm going to have to miss the first day of my second class on Tuesday, but it's with a professor I've had two times already, and he should be okay with it. My tickets are in row S of the first seating area.
    Totes got tickets in row T. I'm thinking of giving at least one away. Seems like a nice thing to do.
  • HowWeGotAntsHowWeGotAnts Posts: 79 ✭✭
    You get VidCon!
  • I'm going, but alas, I may not be able to participate in a gathering beforehand, since I'll probably have work. Still psyched though!
    Artist, nerd, writer, autodidact, procrastinator. 
    I just bought a ticket, now let's hope the universe is kind and doesn't let one of my professors schedule a quiz for that day so I can go!
  • brittfieldsforeverbrittfieldsforever Posts: 316 ✭✭
    I would love to go, but a flight from Minnesota to New York is pretty pricy... not to mention the hotel, food, transportation...

If I can talk my parents into a family vacation in New York, it might happen... otherwise, I'm just going to have to settle with the livestream.
    |tumblr|twitter|facebook|youtube|deviantart|Strangerhood 2.0
    I fell into Nerdfighteria the way you fall asleep - slowly and then all at once.
    @valerie2776 what seat are you in the theatre?
  • AReasonToWriteHomeAReasonToWriteHome Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to go, but my job just laid off a bunch of people and now I can't afford to spend any money :(
    Brandon.  Nerdfighter.  Editor-In-Chief of the Anglerfish.  All around liker of things.

• JunePollardJunePollard Posts: 23
    I'll be there! Row S, staying in a hotel not too far from Carnegie Hall.

I've been listening to The Mountain Goats nonstop since I found out about this (which is, in all honesty, not so different from my life prior to that).
  • OldRedInk Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    by OldRedInk
  • patl64patl64 Posts: 30
    I ordered my tickets!
    I'm pretty much the most awesome person I know.
  • christinachristina Posts: 41
    I came home for thanksgiving a couple days ago and we only just got internet/tv/phone services back, so I only heard about this in the morning when my mom said she'd heard about it in an email alert and got tickets as my Christmas gift. She mostly told me so I don't go emptying my bank account. I can't seem to figure out what seats I have, but I'm hoping halfway decent because if I can't see things well I can't easily enjoy it because I can't focus (obviously it isn't a huge issue here rather than things like classrooms, but it's still a hope). 
    I also hope that I have a place where I can take some nice photos without spending the evening through my viewfinder. 

No matter what, I'm stoked. Never thought I would see these guys again so soon (it was four years between the last two times). 
  • valerie2776valerie2776 Missoula, MTPosts: 264 Admin
    @imarielle you probably learned this from elsewhere already, but center balcony, row H seat 115!
    @valerie ok so you're with zack I'm center balcony row d seat 117 (i think) same row as arka but a few seats over since that was all I could get there
  • I am planning to travel from Michigan for the event.
    Anyone else going from the Midwest that would like to bus with me?
  • adaroseadarose Posts: 2
    They announced this just as I was planning a trip to go visit my friend who lives in NY for THAT VERY WEEK. I am the most excited that the timing turned out to be so perfect :D

I'm in row N. Anybody near me?
  • BelisariusBelisarius Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    This. But Canada.
  • Thank Goodness it'll be streamed over Youtube. I wanna see John and John (Main dude in the Mountain Goats) right next to one an other.

Source about streaming: http://www.indystar.com/article/20121119/THINGSTODO03/121119006/John-Hank-Green-taking-brother-act-Carnegie-Hall?odyssey=nav|head

• dyaizondyaizon Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I am jealous much. If I was in North America anyway I might have gone, and I'm probably going over in February (though admittedly to the west coast rather than east). Damn being a month out!
    by dyaizon