What games would you like to watch Hank play?

AReasonToWriteHomeAReasonToWriteHome Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
So, what games would you like to watch Hank play?  I, for one, would love to watch Hank play Skyrim.  Sure, the traveling in between missions could get boring, but he could cut those out or talk in between. 
Brandon.  Nerdfighter.  Editor-In-Chief of the Anglerfish.  All around liker of things.

Comments

• identityborrowridentityborrowr TexasPosts: 15
    I'd like to watch him play an old-school survival horror... this might be kind of mean on my part because I think Hank's reactions would be pretty funny when something jumped out at him.
  • scsjscsj Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 2.
    I WOULD PAY REAL MONEY.

Also maybe Myst and/or Riven and/or Myst III.
    by scsj
  • CombustibleLemonsCombustibleLemons Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I'm all for the survival horror and hank should play either one of the early resident evil or fear or even left for dead 1 or 2 plus he should have a face cam so we can see his hilarious expressions 
  • KruglordKruglord Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    My favourite game of all time Baldur's Gate is getting re-released at the end if this month, so I would be pretty stoked to see him play that. I do have reservations though, since it's a long open world RPG and some of the best parts of the game are completing the side quests, which Hank is not known for pursuing.

A much more practical suggestion would be Rayman Origins (for the wii) or Rayman Legends (for the Wii U). It's by far my favourite current generation 2D platformer (yes, even better than New Super Mario Bros Wii). It has some incredible aesthetics, better shared screen co-op than NSMBW (the screen doesn't pause when someone gets hurt or a power up) as well as fun and fast pace gameplay. 

Edit: I'd just like to point out that I'd still like to see Hank and Katherine play New Super Mario Bros U, and I don't mean to sound down on the game. I'm just recommending  Rayman as a good 2-4 player 2D platformer if they're looking for one to play after New Super Mario Bros U.
    by Kruglord
  • griffiegrrlgriffiegrrl Posts: 5
    I'm sure there could be found SOME way to play it...... ;)
  • I_am_the_ImpalaI_am_the_Impala Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I know its so old, but I would really get a kick out of seeing @Hank play Final Fantasy 9! It was my first FF and still my fave. It would be awesome just to see what he named everyone, let alone the actual gameplay. :))
    Even if you quote me, please @ me so I get a notification. :)
    The Opposite of War isn't Peace...it's Creation!
    - RENT the musical
  • inmylife228inmylife228 Posts: 36
    What about Dishonored?
  • QEDQED Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Kruglord said:
    My favourite game of all time Baldur's Gate is getting re-released at the end if this month, so I would be pretty stoked to see him play that. I do have reservations though, since it's a long open world RPG and and some of the best parts of the game are completing the side quests, which Hank is not known for pursuing.
    I'd just like to +1 for this as BG is one of my super, ultra, mega favourite games of all time. Seeing someone else struggle to and then feel the elation of arriving safely at the Friendly Arm Inn would be awesome to the max!
  • VyctorianVyctorian Posts: 90 ✭✭
    I'd like to see a survival play through of Minecraft
  • syue1984syue1984 Posts: 30
    I've been watching Team HyperCube's Channel play Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii.  I think that'd be hilarious to watch / listen to Hank and Katherine and .... someone else play that game.
  • CombustibleLemonsCombustibleLemons Posts: 68 ✭✭
    @Vyctorian i was thinking the same thing i think it would be hilarious to watch him play minecraft and he should have a face came so we can see his expressions. i feel like i'd go a lot like how toby plays minecraft
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Might just be that I'm obsessed with the series right now, but it would be really cool to see Hank play some Mass Effect.  The game is all about having to make decisions, some more difficult than others, many a matter of life and death (as my husband eloquently put it, ANYbody can make it to the end, but NOT EVERYbody WILL make it to the end).  I'm curious about the kind of decisions he would make.

On a more lighthearted note, I support @Kruglord's suggestion of Rayman Origins.  We have it for the XBox and it was so much fun to play.  I'd like to see him and Katherine go after those Tricky Treasures.  If he got The Katherine and potentially others to join in, oh the insanity, it would be glorious.
  • I'd love for Hank to play Dark Souls. The game is so hardcore but, really satisfying when completed. That or a one off of Bomberman. 
  • mirndamirnda Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Slender!

Also, Katamari Damacy as a one-off, maybe. Once you've seen one level you've kinda seen 'em all.
  • KaiVradokKaiVradok Posts: 3
    Alright, I know this is an older thread but...
    StarCraft (original or SC2; original can run on any computer lol)
    Any C&C game, although I have a special love of Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge
    Battle For Middle Earth--first RTS game for me, and still really awesome :D
    Mount & Blade: Warband, since I've been obsessed with it lately...
    Oooh, do a play-through of All the Half-Life series :D <--You can only use the crowbar and rocket launcher; have fun!
    Frozen Synapse with John or Katherine (exclusive since one can only play 1v1 or co-op with one other person...)
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
    Ace of Spades 0.75 (the DEMO, still supported by community since Jagex took over and crapped all over us lol); free d/l can be found here: http://buildandshoot.com/
    And yes I'm a bit of a PC elitist, lol. Enjoy :D
  • iSamQuickiSamQuick Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see @Hank playing Kingdom Hearts! I think that would be brilliant :D

Or perhaps Grand Theft Auto. I know it would be unlikely to happen, but imagine the commentary! He'd be all apologetic whenever he killed someone or stole a car xD
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Seconding @iSamQuick with Kingdom Hearts!  It would be awesome!
  • iSamQuickiSamQuick Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I reckon he'd love it, he'd get all excited by the Disney characters ;)
  • vicky_bvicky_b Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    The impossible game. I don't think I've yet seen a proper ragequit from Hank (except for coming close in various mario bros vids) and I think it would be hilarious. Edit: also mario kart. Obviously. 
    by vicky_b
    From dream to dream and rhyme to rhyme I have ranged
    In rambling talk with an image of air:
    Vague memories, nothing but memories.
  • Wadjet_EyeWadjet_Eye Posts: 12
    I'm sure it's already been suggested, but I just want to throw my support behind Mario Party. Also, Mario Kart would be nice.
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be fun to watch @Hank play some of the old-school games we played in elementary school computer class--Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, Dangerous Dave, Oregon Trail, etc.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
  • conzolanzoconzolanzo Posts: 2
    Hank said:
    scsj said:
    ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 2.
    I WOULD PAY REAL MONEY.

Also maybe Myst and/or Riven and/or Myst III.
    I would totally play Rollercoaster Tycoon if I had a computer that could run it!
    You could even play the original Rollercoaster Tycoon if you have a computer that works with win xp/95 games.
  • im1000applesim1000apples Posts: 16
    Surgeon Simulator 2013. It absolutely needs to happen
  • Skyrim, The Last of Us, Dishonored, Slender, Minecraft,  or Plants vs. Zombies are some that would be fun.
  • MorboMorbo Posts: 69
    Any Bethesda RPG. Fallout 3, New Vegas. The Elder Scrolls Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.
    Especially Fallout 3 or Morrowind. And I would pay money to watch Katherine play New Vegas on both Master and Hardcore at the same time. That would be hilarious. Any of these needs to be a long term endeavor, lasting until they beat every mission and area. 
    I fear for Night Vale. I fear for all those caught between what they know and what they don't yet know they don't know.
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk South Bend, IndianaPosts: 92 ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Alice: Madness Returns
    It's an older game but fun to watch.

by JasmineSkunk
  • un_beknownstun_beknownst Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I'd love to see Hank, Katherine, Sarah, and John play Left 4 Dead together.
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk South Bend, IndianaPosts: 92 ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    On second thought, I think I'd like to watch him play a game I made myself on Sploder. I only made two, but it was fun. You guys can check them them out if you want. (This is not spam, I don't get paid and the games are free to play and make)

The first one: 

The other one:

I would prefer to watch him play the Fool's game because it's more like a real game. The other one is just my silliness. :)

by JasmineSkunk
  • georgef61georgef61 FloridaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Might be cool to see Hank play an old school AD&D session a la Tabletop with Felicia Day & co...(geekandsundry).