Florida Nerdfighters!

Comments

• Platypus12Platypus12 Posts: 2
    Anyone in the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area?
  • BatstrokeBatstroke Orlando,FlPosts: 3
    I am new to Nerdfighteria! I currently live in Orlando,Fl and I was thinking of hosting an event here. I host game nights pretty regularly where we play anything from Settlers of Catan to Dominion to Carcassonne to Munchkin. Would anyone be interested in something like that I am also completely open to other ideas!
  • MommyDuBellMommyDuBell Oviedo, FLPosts: 54
    Hi everyone! I'm in Oviedo, FL/ East Orlando... about 5 min. from UCF. 
    J6ulia said:
    I'm in Oviedo, the geographical anomaly that's 15 minutes away from anything useful and an hour away from anyplace worth visiting. Suburb of Orlando.
    I'm in Oviedo too! Alafaya Woods area :) I'm new to the area, but I like it here!
    What do you do in Oviedo? Are you currently in school?

Batstroke said:
    What do you do in Oviedo? Are you currently in school?

Me?? Hahahaha!!! No. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to 3 little munchkins. I mostly spend a lot of time in my car, driving them places.
    Wow! Thats awesome! how old are they? I am a semi-recent college graduate (actually I just realized I graduated two years ago, time just doesn't stop). I work for universal at the moment, which is obviously less interesting and engaging than your profession, but I like it well enough. How did you discover John/Hank Green and Nerdfigteria?
    Batstroke said:
    Wow! Thats awesome! how old are they? I am a semi-recent college graduate (actually I just realized I graduated two years ago, time just doesn't stop). I work for universal at the moment, which is obviously less interesting and engaging than your profession, but I like it well enough. How did you discover John/Hank Green and Nerdfigteria?
    My kids are 7, 5, and 3. What do you do at Universal? I have friends that work/ed there, do you know Josh and Heather Lamboy? I first saw a vlogbrothers video last year... I want to say is was posted to UpWorthy.com, but I'm not sure. I've JUST started going back and watching all the old videos in order... I'm almost finished with 2009 now. 
  • Pinellas County anyone else?
    DFTBA
  • St. Petersburg, FL, here!
    me too!
    DFTBA
  • amazingaileen13amazingaileen13 FloridaPosts: 12
    Fort Lauderdale!! (sigh)
    Hey me too! :) Right now I'm in Gainesville attending UF. 
    *requests to join the Gainesville and South Florida Nerdfighter Facebook Groups*
    :)
  • alchiassonalchiasson Posts: 1
    Hi!

I'm a new nerdfighter but long time Green brother fan from Jacksonville, FL!

If anyone wants to start a project or group meet, I'd totally be happy to help! I've also been trying to find the time to start an HPA chapter, if anyone wants to help?

Happy Changing the World!
    Amber
  • BigJake0097BigJake0097 USAPosts: 5
    Hail from the Big Potato!! A cookie for you, if you know where/what it is without searching it.
    "The best way to win a fight, is to make the other party forget that there was an argument."
    -Me

• jianalijianali Cocoa, FloridaPosts: 3

Cocoa, florida here!

• marbaimarbai Posts: 1
    Hey guys! I'm in Gainesville at UF. I joined the FB group but it doesn't seem very active...
  • sartysarty Posts: 4
    Anyone in Pensacola?
  • Representing Clermont!
    I was lost before this. I'm still lost, but now I'm happy.
  • ade102ade102 Posts: 1
    Jacksonville! 
  • HappyPonyofDoomHappyPonyofDoom Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    Hey. I am from the Wellington/Palm Beach area? Anyone around there? Even Vaguely?

Capitalizing vague for extra emphasis on how vaguely you have to be near me. Apparently. It was technically an accident.
    by HappyPonyofDoom
  • dftbatimedftbatime Posts: 1
    Pensacola (and as far as I can tell, there are absolutely no nerdfighter groups anywhere near it)
  • Payton2001Payton2001 Posts: 1
    Boca Nerdfighters!?!
  • MoeFritz904MoeFritz904 Posts: 1
    Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville!!! I'm a huge vlogbrothers fan. I actually was turned on to them when I met the love of my life. He's gone but I've still got the vlog. I guess I win no matter what!
  • theal8rtheal8r Posts: 3
    Citrus county... Anyone?
  • KiarKiar Elsewhere Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party, but I recently moved to Melbourne, FL for a job as I just graduated college last year. I don't suppose there are any gatherings or meetups of which I'm unaware?
    "A ship is always safer at the shore, but that is not what it is built for."
    My writing project
  • AprilDawn351AprilDawn351 Middle of Nowhere, NE FL USAPosts: 10
    Keystone Heights here. almost halfway between Jacksonville and Gainesville.
    I'm gonna need a bigger flowchart!
  • RuntimeErrorBoyRuntimeErrorBoy Posts: 9
    I'm from Jacksonville Florida. Send a message if you want to hangout at Video Game Rescue.
    Anybody > @RuntimeErrorBoy said:
    > I'm from Jacksonville Florida. Send a message if you want to hangout at Video Game Rescue.

I'm not sure how to do that. Also, what's video game rescue? I'm not much of a gamer lol
    Video Game Rescue is a store in Jacksonville that specializes in retro gaming consoles like Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis, table top gaming, and anime. They're Nerdfighters who realize they're Nerdfighters.
    That actually sounds pretty cool. The last game I was any good at was sick hunt lol
    Wow, a game I've never heard of, gg. I mean a game of which I have never heard! Nailed-it.

VGR is pretty cool. If anyone comes to Jacksonville we should meet up there, and then head over to Chamblin book mine around the corner! Then beers and lunch! Jacksonville is a pretty nice city if you can look past all the confederate statues.