The Future of HankGames: Would you Rather...

Comments

• EnderJonesEnderJones Posts: 2
    HankGames stays just the way it is.
    Splitting up HankGames into a bunch of different channels would be like having a channel for you and a channel for John on vlogbrothers
  • HankGames stays just the way it is.
    I'm happy the way it is, everything in one spot. :) 
    There's one sad truth in life I've found/While journeying east and west/The only folks we really wound/Are those we love the best./We flatter those we scarcely know,/We please the fleeting guest,/And deal full many a thoughtless blow/To those who love us best. ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox
    While I mainly watch Hankgames for swindontown, if a different video pops up in my sub box that looks interesting I'll watch it but I would subscribe to an entirely new channel for it
  • beccalynn311beccalynn311 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I think by subscribing to a Game channel you understand that there are going to be a bunch of different things on there. And Can't us Nerdfighters adapt. I mean if I don't want to watch FiFa I can just ignore it :)
  • kscribblekscribble Posts: 2
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    I don't really like watching people play video games, but I like John plays FIFA because it's more talking than just making remarks about the game. So I always immediately X out the Hank videos as soon as they come in my sub box because it's not really my thing. John having his own gaming channel would be really helpful to me personally. But it's also not that big of a deal, and it seems like most people are in favor of keeping it the same, so that's fine with me too. 
    I like the way it is totally. Playlists are the source of navigation 
  • therisingtithestherisingtithes Trinidad, W.I.Posts: 103 ✭✭
    I think it's perfectly fine for a gaming channel to have several different series for several different games, just so long as you don't space yourself out among, like, seven games or something (which never happens). I will ask only that it be a little more regular, as much as you can attempt? It used to really bother me to see your latest AC: Revelations video and then not get another one for a whole week or something. Maybe a schedule - Game A on Monday, Game(s) B (and C) on Wednesday, etc?
    Quod evenit in labyrintho properantibus:
    ipsa illos velocitas inplicat.
    --------------------------------------------------
  • AnthroKayAnthroKay Posts: 3
    I like it the way it is....some games I don't watch because of spoiler reasons....like I'm not watching Lego Harry Potter year 5-7 because I haven't read or seen the 7th book. And sometimes I opt not to watch the assassins creed because I want to play it first for myself. But I still rather it all be on the same channel
  • ShmalTalkShmalTalk Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I like it the way it is. It's one of the few exceptions to my watch-every-video-made rule, but I feel like it works because I can pick and choose what looks interesting.
  • ElizabethMarchElizabethMarch USAPosts: 26
    I think it's fine the way it is; they're all video games, so it seems like a grouping that makes sense. And you guys already have so many channels to take care of/for us to keep up with ;)

Plus, I've gotten kind of nostalgic about John saying, "Welcome to hankgames without Hank." The little stuff just grows on you.
  • inmylife228inmylife228 Posts: 36
    As Hank points out, vlogbrothers is already a disconcertingly spidery web of channels. Splitting the gaming channel up, some might argue, would be just another step toward tyranny and world domination. Hankgames stays the way it is.... for the good of mankind!!
  • HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    SEPERATE SWINDON TOWN PLEASE!
  • TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    Honestly I'm looking towards the future of hankgames and I see the poll is not in my favour so this won't happen anyway but there are so many different things going on and it's basically two channels in one.
    image       image       image       image         image       image
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    I think it works in any or all of the iterations laid out in the poll, but I personally like it when channels have consistent content, both in terms of frequency and subject. I'll stay subbed to Hankgames with or without any changes, honestly, I really enjoy the videos :)
    "Who's scruffy-lookin'?"
    Mostly because I'd hate to see the phrase "Hankgames without Hank" fall out of use. And, as another nerdfighter's already mentioned, I'm a fan of both Assassin's Creed and Swoodilypoopers.

My only question: is there a way for the playlists to be up-to-date with recently posted videos? I notice that some of them are often several videos behind.
    I get what you guys are saying, I don't sub to machinima because they release about 10 videos a day sometimes, none of it having to do withe content I want to watch. But you guys don't over-do it, We love the vids as much as we just like the commentary and such. I say leave things as they are.

DFTBA.
  • mmeganleighmmeganleigh Posts: 2
    I enjoy Hankgames as it is, I don't think a change is necessary. 
  • RealReal You know that's right! Huntsville, ALPosts: 413 ✭✭✭
    Some other change I haven't suggested
    Wouldn't it be nice if YouTube had an option where a person could "network" all their channels into one place for people to subscribe? Then the "all-in-one" folks would be happy while everyone else could still pick and choose. Unless that already exists... then I need a tutorial ASAP!
  • nickgreydennickgreyden Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    I watch all the Swindon Town games and really don't watch much of the stuff hank does anymore. That being said, I will occasionally watch a few of them and I find it nice when they are sitting in my sub box waiting for me to see if I'll click on them. I don't think I'd sub to just the hank or even the Hank and Kathrine stuff given the option. But if it is already there and I haven't seen one in a while, I'll jump in and watch one.
    Labels define no one. Labels are what we give ourselves so others know generally what we care about, and a starting place to get to know us as a person -- usually as someone not fitting a label.
  • ohheysarahcohheysarahc Posts: 1
    I am fine with the mix but I see no problem with John going solo. This ain' the Beatles it's all good
  • itsmyfoxhatitsmyfoxhat Posts: 1
    I love hankgames the way it is! I don't watch religiously, but when I'm in the mood to watch some let's plays I just choose a playlist and watch forever and crochet. It's great!
  • askbooaskboo Posts: 1
    I like it all in one channel! It's always a nice surprise to see what "show" has come on Hank games next.

Besides, depriving John the pleasure of saying "Hello and welcome to Hank Games Without Hank" would be like depriving Bald John Green of his mustachio.

He'd have to name his new channel HankGamesWithoutHank.
  • lidewijlidewij Posts: 1
    I don't think it's necessary to split them up, because 1) all the videos are related through the theme of gaming, so it makes sense, and 2) if people don't want to watch a specific type of video, it's super easy to tell the different 'series' apart & only watch the ones you like.
    What I'm wondering is: what happened to John & Sarah Play Wii Tennis?
    HankGames without Hank just wouldn't be as cool as a separate channel. 
  • rwatsorwatso Posts: 1
    I like it the way it is. I am not a gamer so I watch/listen for the topics that are discussed and the interactions between the people playing the game so it rarely matters to me which video game is actually being played. I enjoy HankGames as a centralized hub for these side topics that don't get mentioned on the other channels. As for the name HankGames I also like it because it has become an accessible inside joke what with John's slight usurping of the channel.
  • aergonautaergonaut Posts: 7
    I think hankgames should stay just the way it is. John doesn't really do much gaming, so I think having a channel just for Swoodlypoopers is unnecessary.
  • theLaromtheLarom Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I'm fine with it the way it is. If I don't want to watch a video I just skip it. 
    Same here.

[edit]
    Hank said:
    I think it should stay the way it is! Why is Hank trying to kick me off his gaming channel? NEXT HE WILL TRY TO KICK ME OFF OF VLOGBROTHERS!
    Well that isn't very fair...who the heck is gonna vote to split us up now!
     @Hank people who vote before they read the comments.  :

(and comment before they read the whole thread)
    [/edit]
    by theLarom