The Future of HankGames: Would you Rather...

Comments

• oliviajadeoliviajade Posts: 1
    HankGames stays just the way it is.
    Although you are playing different games, each video still complies with the channel theme: games. I like the channel just the way it is, and I have so many channels to keep up with already, so I wouldn't want another.
  • imarielleimarielle Posts: 356 Mod
    I don't watch a lot of the stuff on HankGames, but I like that it is all there in one place in case I do have time and want to watch it.  A lot of me not watching comes down to not having time since a short 4 min video is perfect for my breaks between classes but I don't always have time for a 10 min long swindontown video.  I honestly don't think I would sub to three different channels, but I don't mind having the extra videos in my sub box.  That probably makes no sense.
    Let's be friends!  Message me if you need anything!
  • AmyHAmyH Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    I like that they are all in one place that I can find easily. Also I have no idea what you mean by "different" shows. Would you give Crash Course Biology/History/Ecology/literature all their own channels? Just because the games differ and the topics change, does not mean that they are fundamentally different shows. 

When you asked the question previously about letting John join your private channel, where you talk to all of us just because with no pretense whenever you want without a schedule, I objected. I said he needed his own Channel. This wasn't because I felt the videos would fundamentally differ, it was because if you both did that, it would essentially turn into a VlogBrothers off the record thing, which would have both destroyed the point of the channel, and created something too close to one of your already existent channels. 
    by AmyH
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    - Plato (427-347 B.C.)
    "The world is changed by our maps of the world" - John Green
  • susanasasusanasa Posts: 1
    I like it the way it is, even though I don't watch all the videos on HankGames. With everything on just one channel I can easily see if there's anything new that interests right from my sub box.
    Of course, YouTube could make everyone's live easier if they'd only allow subscriptions to playlists...
  • BrittneyBrittney Posts: 18
    I think it's fine the way it is! I'm not going to lie, I don't watch absolutely everything on the channel, but I tend to pick and choose it as I see it. Whenever I don't watch a series, I usually watch at least some of it from time to time. It ends up showing up in my feed when I want to watch it, too.
  • lovelove Posts: 6
    I vote to keep it the same because too many people would think John stopped playing. I like that John tweets his Swindon games-I just follow those links to the games and catch up when rarely I miss a couple. I watch Swindon because I love the casual story development and his discussions but I also love the random flash games Hank plays and sometimes watch a little Mario with the Katherine or Charlie in portal etc. I'm not much on commenting-on-the-game letsplays but it's hilarious to watch people flop at qwop :)

PS I realize this is only somewhat related but the only channel that bugs me to no end is hankschannel having occasional bits of John especially given the disproportion-the content and brain are almost always completely unrelated (saving any genetics jokes, that is) so it's confusing especially since John HAS a second channel-sparksflyup. When it's a channel of all games involving your family and not 300 machinima ppl it's cool to be combined despite the name originally-before John became clever about introducing it all sportscasterlike-maybe being a slight to the rest of greendom. Sorry to ramble. Let the games be united as the crashcourse ones are though that's somewhat weird as well...and let not-to-each-other non-vlogbrothers vlogs be separate. John's 5yr old channel should be honored for its lovely legacy of birthday wishes and printz award dreams.
  • JonDittertJonDittert Posts: 1
    Like a lot of other people have said, I just skip the videos I don't want to watch, and I have enough channels to keep up with as it is.
  • HankGames stays just the way it is.
    I think it should stay the way it is, because you already have so many other channels with other content, that splitting the video gaming content onto other channels will become hard to follow. Also- keeping it all on one channel and putting it into playlists makes it easier for those of us who only watch one of the games being played. Sort of like Geek and Sundry, where the shows I want to watch are all in one playlist so I watch that rather than the other content I don't very much enjoy (and I skip those in my sub box as well.) 
    There is no party like an irregular verb party. 
    Everything has mostly been said before (including the shocking 'it's' in the possibilities), the channel should remain the same because it is much easier to randomly stumble upon videos that are connected, although I align myself with the viewers that do watch mostly to listen rather than to watch. I mostly end up listening to John and Other John Green of the team I will not dare to misspell, but when I happen to find a Hank video I might enjoy it as well! Separating them would make me lose my chance at wonderful haphazard moments like NerCrafteria.
  • hahapwndhahapwnd Posts: 15
    I feel like what you did with scishow crashcourse and truth or fail (which i was not aware about, thanks for informing me of this) is different that a gaming channel. With gaming channels, its boring if its only one game (except minecraft, yogscast proves this) is played, so a variety is helpful. also since you have playlists, its better, because its more organized that other channels ive seen
    If having separate channels would bring in more revenue, I would totally support you doing that - AS LONG AS A MAJORITY OF THAT REVENUE IS DONATED TO WORTHY CAUSES.  Otherwise, I think it's fine the way it is.  
  • hahapwndhahapwnd Posts: 15
    I think it should stay the way it is! Why is Hank trying to kick me off his gaming channel? NEXT HE WILL TRY TO KICK ME OFF OF VLOGBROTHERS!
    http://nerdfighteria.vanillaforums.com/discussion/970/the-john-green-needs-a-better-avatar-pic-now-that-he-is-on-the-forum-thread
  • llamacorn07llamacorn07 Posts: 5
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    <Unpopular opinion> I love the Swindontown videos, but (no offense to Hank) all of the other series (and gaming channels in general) are simply not my cup of tea.  I'm not subscribed to hankgames at the moment because my sub box is full enough without extra gaming videos I won't watch, but I would happily subscribe to a separate Swoodilypooper channel in an instant.  
  • IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    Also hugely in favor on a counterpart to Hankschannel. I dont subscribe to Hanksgames for this reason, I just stop by every month or so and catch up on swoodilipoopers. Maybe if people could subscribe to "shows"/"playlists."

I'ed vote no change IF A CERTAIN COMPANY WOULD LET ME DELETE VIDEOS FROM MY FEED I DON'T WANT THERE. 
    by IronAnimation
    Have a pleasant day
  • HayashiEsmeHayashiEsme Posts: 1
    I feel like the only time I encounter the problem of being annoyed that I get "irrelevant videos in my subbox" is when I find the person I subscribe to a little irrelevant. I guess what I'm trying to say is, as long as you guys are staying awesome, I don't feel like HankGames should separate:)
    I'm all for leaving it the way it is. As pointed out, I get a small kick out of John saying, "Welcome to hankgames without Hank". Also I must confess I'm not really a video gaming person, so I don't actually watch the other videos as much but subscribed cause I got caught up in the dramatic lives of our Swoodilypoopers. Anyway, I think that's how playlists are useful on a channel to link related content.
  • rinceyarinceya Posts: 4
    I don't have any problem with the way the channel is now. I don't watch all of the episodes, but I don't have a problem with skipping episodes I don't care about, just like I do with Geek & Sundry. I think having just one ep a day helps
  • carbarecarloscarbarecarlos Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I think it should stay the way it is! Why is Hank trying to kick me off his gaming channel? NEXT HE WILL TRY TO KICK ME OFF OF VLOGBROTHERS!
    there could be two channels. one called vlogbro the other called vlogthers

| Tumblr | Other Tumblr |

| Caroline | USA | Slytherin | Whovian | Sherlockian | Band kid |
    message me any time, seriously, that would be awesome
  • sauloraouxsauloraoux Posts: 1
    It's perfect exactly as it is. The playlists are separation enough!

I think of it as a channel with many different shows instead of simply a show.
  • lauren137lauren137 Posts: 32
    I feel like if the Swoodilypoopers get kicked off of HankGames, they might consider it to be some sort of demotion? And I'm mostly just worried about how that would impact the squad's morale.

(Logic.)
  • yupehyupeh Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Keeping it as it is should be fine. It works for me (not so sure if it works for you guys, but I presume it's okay). :)
    by yupeh
  • ZtefZtef Posts: 17
    edited November 2012
    I know what you're saying Hank about enjoying a couple things that a youtuber is doing on their channel, but not interested in several other projects that just end up filling your sub box. That's why I'm not subscribed to Tobygames. 

However I think hankgames works fine the way it is
    1) I personally enjoy near everything on hankgames
    2) The channel isn't uploading new content everyday so even if you don't like two of the three shows, it doesn't fill the sub box daily
    3) There is rarely a lot of different games going on at one point. So again, the sub box isn't being overloaded.
    4) John getting his own channel? That's not fair. Older siblings have a right to use what their younger sibling has. (said the older sibling)

I think it would be much more of a hassle to have three different channels. 
    by Ztef
  • shelver93shelver93 Posts: 1
    My favourite ones are Hank and Katherine play Super Mario Bros, but I sometimes like to watch everything else, and it's nice to have it all show up for me. As other people have said though, Hank, you and John need to consider yourselves, since you already have a lot on your plates!
  • xSoupyTwistxSoupyTwist Posts: 1
    I've just started watching them, though I have yet to subscribe (I like to keep my subscription box relatively clutter free). I think the way you guys have them all sorted and playlisted is fine.
  • gelingelinggelingeling Posts: 2
    I have a hard time keeping up with the channels that I do. I hope I won't have to try to keep up with ANOTHER one (or more) just to keep up with all the cool stuff that's currently on hankgames. =\
    That's exactly my thought. It's hard to keep up and if HankGames is split it will be even harder. Everything works out for me as it is. And if I don't like to watch a video I just skip it.
    I sometimes skip a couple of the videos, of all of your games, depending on what time i have free. I don't mind, if you do split them up, but what about when you Play things like Portal.. 'Hank and Charlie Games'? It would all just become way to many channels to keep up with, especially when youtube quite often messes up the sub boxes, im never going to remember to go to each individual channel. I do vote for less Highlights though.
  • HowWeGotAntsHowWeGotAnts Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I like that HankGames is a bit of a grab-bag. 
    Yeah, I've never been bothered by the format of HankGames. If I'm not interested, I skip it. 
    Making special playlists might be an option. I am a HUGE fan of organization, so my only suggestion would be to possibly think of making a playlist for each "series" rather than separate channels. 
  • KatieHawksKatieHawks Posts: 2
    I like all the gaming stuff to be in one place. I want you guys to finish playing Zelda, and I love the irony in "Hank Games Without Hank".
  • GaviGavi Posts: 3
    I think, if possible, keeping the separate "shows" in playlists for easy continuous play. Also, if YouTube would turn on single show subscription, it would solve the whole issue. If YouTube is going towards a channel with multiple shows concept it makes a lot of sense, people don't watch all the shows of a specific tv channel, so why would they online?