The Future of HankGames: Would you Rather...

1235»

Comments

• LindzLindz Posts: 27
    HankGames stays just the way it is.
    I'm happy with Hankgames as it is
  • HankGames gets split into three Channels: 1. HankGames 2. HankAndKatherine 3. SwindonTown
    I personally don't care for the Swindon Town videos, because I don't care for sports games!

So I'd love to see John Green split that off to another channel. That being said, I'm fine with whatever the rest of the nerdfighters decide to do, since I just ignore all the Swindon Town game videos, as well as videos for other games I do not care for.

My personal rule is that I must be willing to play a game, in order to watch it be played, so that's mostly why I feel that way.

I wouldn't mind if the series splits off, but the only series with much life is Swindon Town, so it's logical if that's the only one that ever gets it's own channel.
    I'm a girly girl, and a goofy guy. Not literally two people, but one person of both persuasions. For the sake of simplicity, you can respect the gender I specify in my profile.
  • QLCQLC Posts: 53
    One small suggestion, that Hankgames Highlights get a separate channel so I can forget that it exists.
  • iSamQuickiSamQuick Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I just don't watch the videos that I'm not interested in. It's easier to keep them all on one channel, and easier to find the older videos that you want to watch.
  • LauraCwritesLauraCwrites Posts: 32
    I like it the way it is, because I will just watch the videos that I'm interested in. It's a game central channel, and splitting it down further will just mean that there will be more channels to follow. I like all sorts of games, so I like the variety.
    "NO EEEEDGE" - Hank Green.

• JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I voted for it to stay the same, my reason being that I am a user who is subscribed to 60 channels (well was. I recently unsubbed from some and am down to 51. 
    I would rather not have to subscribe to multiple channels just for HankGames.

P.S. Also. I don't know/think the 'realjohngreen' user is legit because it is a normal user. Whereas there is a username that is 'John' that is Admin. So it seems we have a mystery to solve!
  • HankGames gets split into three Channels: 1. HankGames 2. HankAndKatherine 3. SwindonTown
    Regardless it's funny because...of the stuff and the things and...OH YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! ;p

It doesn't have to be real. it's just funny.

I still honestly would like to see only Swindon Town and stuff like that get it's own channel. John is fairly regular with his game videos, whereas Hank...well, I don't see him playing games all that much. (Or at least not the ones I care to watch)

It just stands to reason that something that regular, that popular and something that most of nerdfighteria thinks is awesome should be able to stand on it's own.
    I'm a girly girl, and a goofy guy. Not literally two people, but one person of both persuasions. For the sake of simplicity, you can respect the gender I specify in my profile.
  • HankGames stays just the way it is.
    I think HankGames really works well as a channel despite all of the different shows because they are all ultimately very similar - most of us are just watching because we enjoy hearing Hank or John or Katherine talk (or even the Yeti! One of the highlights of HankGames in my opnion). As long as the playlists are well-maintained, it's easy to watch only the videos that you're interested in.

If the channel must be split, I tend to agree with Zazie above that only the Swoodilypoopers have enough content and a large enough independent following for a separate channel. It wouldn't be the end of the world since most of us would just subscribe to both channels. But really, HankGames is great the way it is.
  • Prospero101Prospero101 Posts: 45
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    I'm all for HankGames staying the way it is because I enjoy everything HankGames has to offer. Well, except maybe Lego Harry Potter, but I don't think anybody was having fun there.
    "Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
    If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
    Till she cry, 'Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
    I must have you.'"
    -Thomas Parke D'Invilliers
  • Prospero101Prospero101 Posts: 45
    HankGames without Hank (Swindon Town / John playing other sports) gets it's own channel.
    Also, I clicked on the wrong thing, so my vote might seem contradictory. I don't suppose there's any way I could take it back.
    "Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
    If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
    Till she cry, 'Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
    I must have you.'"
    -Thomas Parke D'Invilliers
  • saffitysaffity Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    I like Hankgames just as it is, if you had different channels the I might miss various things like the flash games. While they may seem like different shows, they are all thematically similar in that it's all video games.

And with that if a video comes up that I'm not interested in I don't watch it...
    I'm a nerdfighter...... real, or not real....
  • FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Some other change I haven't suggested
    I like it how it is. I LOVE pretty much everything you do. I don't watch many of the swindon town videos with John, but i'm perfectly okay if they stay on the hankgames channel. I like seeing what the titles are, and i'll watch them if htey sound particularly entertaining :P besides, i like hearing john say "welcome to hankgames without hank!" 

p.s. you should do more things with The Katherine. I love you two together! Makes me happy, if i've had a bad day :)
    by FoiledFeline

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭
    MORE THE KATHERINE! MORE THE KATHERINE! WITH OR WITH OUT HANK, MY LIFE NEEDS MORE "CRAP ON A CRACKER"S!

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• RoxieFlashRoxieFlash Dalton, GAPosts: 207 ✭✭✭
    The playlists work for me.
    Things Em Says - Blog - Youtube Channel
  • samisosassysamisosassy Posts: 5
    I like it how it is cause it's easier to find everything and if I decide to start watching one of the other games I don't have to suscribe to a new channel. I think keeping it in the playlist are best
    I think more channels would be more of a hassle for Hank and John, quite honestly.
    I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley, and I have seen your fears. All you desire is possible, but all that you dread is also possible...Least loved, always, by the mother who craved a daughter... Least loved, now, by the girl who prefers your friend... Second best, always, eternally overshadowed...
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Definitely, because it's easy to locate a game/playlist and then also be able to watch all of the other videos as well :)
    I like the diversity to be honest, plus it's more of a community in and of itself making it all the more enjoyable
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 2
    I think it is good to keep it the way it is, because there aren't THAT many videos even with them all together...if there were multiple videos a day, I might feel differently.

I think it is a plus to have them all together, because if someone was drawn in by one thing, like how I was with someone suggesting I watch Swoodilypoopers, they'll be more likely to try the other videos too when they might not have if they weren't on their feed.
  • MacpantsMacpants Posts: 14
    Real said:
    If you were to split off, I think it'd be wise to consider maintaining some semblance of what you've got... somewhere. Perhaps there could be a "GreenGames" option where various combinations of Green husbands & wives play games.
    Yes, this. /\
  • GabeMedranoGabeMedrano Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I think it should stay the way it is, but if it's possible, move it to a new channel so that it has a name that isn't hankgames. I know at one point Hank was pretty much the only person posting on that channel but now it's more collaborative (John probably post more than Hank does now). I don't know, I just find it odd to call it "hankgames" when Hank is only one piece of the puzzle.

So yeah, all videos in one channel, but don't call it hankgames. haha
  • MorboMorbo Posts: 69
    There needs to stay HankGames with Hank and Hank and Katherine, but John and Katherine need their own channel. Also, there needs to be more Legend of Katherine.
    I fear for Night Vale. I fear for all those caught between what they know and what they don't yet know they don't know.
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk South Bend, IndianaPosts: 92 ✭✭
    Morbo said:
    There needs to stay HankGames with Hank and Hank and Katherine, but John and Katherine need their own channel. Also, there needs to be more Legend of Katherine.
    I wanna see/watch more Katherine in the games, too. She seems so sweet.
  • wimboledftbawimboledftba Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Hank, does it cost more to keep one channel with a lot of videos than to seperate it into 3? Then I would be all for seperating. If it would be easier for you (John and Hank) then I would say yes. If it would make you guys more money/be easier to give the money to the Wimbledon team and not have to do the math to seperate the money to you guys and then to Wimbledon then yes.
    But if it makes it harder for you guys and makes less money for you guys then no.
    by wimboledftba
  • zadagadozadagado Posts: 1
    kazoops said:

The character select graphics at the top of the channel are so cute! qwop They'd be missed if the channel was split up. 

right, i noticed the same
  • zadagado1zadagado1 Posts: 1
    chelsl105 said:

Hank leave it please! The video of you playing qwop from the very beginning is probably one of my favorite videos on youtube! It just makes me laugh for absolutely no reason! Keep doing what you're doing... maybe play qwop again. Regardless, you're doing great! :)

yes, you are right, the video was amazing , also qwop is really interesting and sooooo hard