Favorite Thing About Crash Course?

2»

Comments

• MetabeardMetabeard Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Considering my high school history only ever went up to the Cold War, and I never took any history in college, it was nice to have some of the blanks filled in. I sort of understand why schools teach chronologically, but if I miss the history of the last 5 decades (probably the most relevant part of history to me and my future) because you "ran out of time", that's unacceptable. Now I have a clearer understanding of Vietnam and the economic situation of the 70s and 80s. Thanks John!
    "The only way out is through." -Frost
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy getting to learn about things I actually want to know and will be relevant to me as opposed to public education which is just ugh here.
    When is a door not a door? When someone steals the hinges.
  • constantlyalliconstantlyalli The land of endless winterPosts: 3
    As for the educational piece, it's a great filler for my AP textbook; I can watch the videos and be entertained, then, motivated to study, I can go and read the chapter...which is much less exciting. It's a satisfying feeling when you're eight pages into a twenty page chapter, skimming a paragraph and going 'oh, I remember something about that!'. 

On the less educational side of things, John from the past is ridiculously entertaining, as well as the Schrodinger's flowers (can I call them that? I think I will. Are they real? Are they digital? We don't know!) and the chalkboard drawings. Oh yes, the chalkboard drawings!
  • THE_MONGOLSTHE_MONGOLS KING OF EVERYTHING ULANBAATARPosts: 336 ✭✭✭
    US.

WE ARE OUR FAVOURITE THING.

YO, BIG UP US. RESPECT.
    NOBODY STARTS A LAND WAR IN ASIA AND WINS UNLESS YOU ARE... WAIT FOR IT... THE MONGOLS!
    WE'RE THE EXCEPTION!
    https://twitter.com/TheMongols_