A Call to Canadian Nerdfighters!

GopherChildGopherChild Posts: 8
Darling nerdfighters in Canada. John Says he can not get here without trouble due to the whole being on 'The List'. But what if we had a petition or something to say, get him taken off the list? Our Government has to have some way of helping. I mean, if Nerdfighters got Helen Hunt to see the Helen Hunt Song, then we can maybe get John off this dreaded 'List'. What do you say?

Comments

• StageCraftStageCraft Posts: 76
    Sadly, there's not much we can do. As far as I know, and application needs to be filled out by the person who is on the "blacklist". With a bit of paperwork, he should be able to get himself off the list. It's just kind of costly and time consuming, so probably not worth it.
    "Man forgets reality and remembers words.” 
    ― Roger Zelazny

International Tea-Drinkers Society ----- without the Tea it's just DFBA
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I remember a couple of online petitions being made shortly after the video went live.  I signed them both, but to my knowledge nothing was ever done with them.

@StageCraft, that's interesting.  I'm tempted to go digging to see if this application is readily available online...

EDIT:  This is interesting: http://travelwatchlist.ca/about
    by aSnowyEvening
  • Well if John Green cannot come to us, we must go to him.
  • KristenidasKristenidas Posts: 53

Well if John Green cannot come to us, we must go to him.
    If only going to them was easier! I want to go to the event in New York but I can't leave here on a weekday when I have university.
    Whovian. Potterhead. Homestuck. Sherlockian. Oncer and Merlin.
    (Just to name a few)

• BananaBatBananaBat Posts: 97 ✭✭
    If only it were that simple... I'm a broke university student, I can't afford to travel...
    Who cares about normal? Remember the talking monkeys...
  • shakes1327shakes1327 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I've said something very similar over here, but we all know that being on that list doesn't *prevent* John from coming into Canada, right? He's been to Canada several times since vlogbrothers began. Being blacklisted just means he gets hassled at the border, which is inconvenient and kind of funny, but likely not the reason that he is rarely in our country.

(excuse me while I copy and paste myself directly here...)

As far as I understand, the majority of John's travels (especially both Tours de Nerdfighting with Hank) are funded by his publishers in support of his books. So probably the best way to get John to come north is not to bug him (or petition his way off this list) but instead to let his publishers, bookstores, libraries, schools, etc know there is demand for an event?
    by shakes1327
  • claraoswaldclaraoswald Hogwarts Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited June 2013

I've said something very similar over here, but we all know that being on that list doesn't *prevent* John from coming into Canada, right? He's been to Canada several times since vlogbrothers began. Being blacklisted just means he gets hassled at the border, which is inconvenient and kind of funny, but likely not the reason that he is rarely in our country.

(excuse me while I copy and paste myself directly here...)

As far as I understand, the majority of John's travels (especially both Tours de Nerdfighting with Hank) are funded by his publishers in support of his books. So probably the best way to get John to come north is not to bug him (or petition his way off this list) but instead to let his publishers, bookstores, libraries, schools, etc know there is demand for an event?
    I agree!
    perhaps we can get in contact with some of his publishers.
    also, if we find out who exactly funded both tour-de-nerdfightings than we can get in contact with them to see if they have the budget for going to canada.
    by claraoswald

_.•__WE THINK TOO MUCH AND FEEL TOO LITTLE. 

(_______. + ‘ ¯ ‘ +.

_‘ + . _ .  ‘ ____•._))

• KoriKori Ontario CanadaPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    Maybe with the movie coming out next year we can start talking to the publishers and see if we can get them to help fund a tour to promote the movie!?!?!?!

• IAmANerdIAmANerd London OntarioPosts: 8

Ya cuz its not like im a high school student whos still dependent on there parents money cuz I haven't got a job yet..... O ya that's right I am.. #WishfulThinking

@Kori YES YES YES . Canadian nerdfighters should band together and make that happen

The Weapon We have is Love<3

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
    John Green, The Fault in Our Stars    

-------------------------------------------------

Follow me on tumblr and I will follow you back :) ---->http://i-hate-worldsuck.tumblr.com/

• KoriKori Ontario CanadaPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    Ok so what do we know about the movie? Who is producing it, who is in charge of promoting the movie? Should we contact John about who to contact to get the ball rolling on this idea?